STRUTTERS WITH RECORD BLOGS WHO ARE YOU ???

2»

Comments

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Here's my gallery site that I'm working on: http://reynaldo82.com/

Now that's what I call a nice VIEW!

Hey Rey -

What's up with the Kalalau valley in the header? I think I'm going trailrunning up in there on Thursday...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

this guys sonds like he has a little bit of a "comic book guy" chip on his shoulder

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

you and maru are doing a great job

props to spanky as well

Cheers pcmr, must confess that after 2 and a half years doing this I'm seriously considering an extended vacation from the site - don't know how Spanky keeps his levels up.

I go through small periods of time where I'm disinterested...rarely lasting more than a week and usually there's extenuating circumstances (hella busy at work, traveling, etc.) but honestly, I've never lost interest or felt burned out by it. It's just really, really...fun. And in comparison to my professional obligations as a writer, it's nice having an outlet that I control (even if I do it all for free). If I were still doing radio, I probably wouldn't have as much passion (or time/energy) to stick with it but I think it's because I get so much enjoyment out of it, I haven't gone back to doing radio.

Yeah I know what you're saying and, to be honest, everytime I think I might take a break is when work is taking up most of my waking time. Next thing you know I'll come across an album I've never heard before and be taken over by a desire to share it and be back posting heavily again. A friend was quizzing me the other day about why I did it as they couldn't see the point without money but the biggest aspect is that it is genuinely fun.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    this guy sounds like he has a little bit of a "comic book guy" chip on his shoulder

Right. The "giddy white men" thing is a little demeaning - not really in the racial sense as much as in the "I've been there, done that and you could never possibly understand it, little trend-hopper" air of superiority.

His ooh!-double Stones' Throw CD only came out 4-5 months ago, as it is. Fucking pretender. How many OG Kashmere LPs does he have?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    A friend was quizzing me the other day about why I did it as they couldn't see the point without money but the biggest aspect is that it is genuinely fun.

Seriously - I mean, blogging is literally "labor of love." Would it be great to get some scrill for it? Hell yeah but I've done the whole "blogging for money" gig and it can be totally soul-killing. To me, Soul Sides is just an extension of the general desire to share/talk about music. Shit, I spend enough time on Soul Strut that I could be spending on more "productive" things but clearly, I get something out of it.

I did college radio for ten years and in the end, I left b/c it wasn't fun anymore but I never regretted (while it was fun) the amount of work it took to program 2-3 hours of music a week for 0 pay.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    plug plug plug

tete carre

my french music blog...

• Mostly Japanese records, but now that I'm in the states, that'll change.

I have not been good with updates lately... busy making moves in the real world.

http://www.skulldiggery.blogspot.com

Peace...
    FNM

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

you and maru are doing a great job

props to spanky as well

much of the credit goes to Junior.

• just hit the 2 year mark...

Captain's Crate

and yeah, in addition to it being fun, it forces me to be digitizing my favorite tracks. Now I got a crazy raer Microwave set. lol.

• spcspc 534 Posts

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

hey do u have that "SOS - Heart in Distress" mix? the one with the 60s girl groups?

i checked the link http://funky16corners.blogspot.com/2006/06/funky16corners-radio-v4-sos-heart-in_07.html
    but i dont think there's a link there?

its been talked about here b4 and im really eager to hear it!

You're the second person to ask for it this week. I'll try to get it reposted later this week.

awesome, much appreciated

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Yeah I got one too:

IF IT ROTATES

I make an hour long show a week. Here's this week:

Frankie Zhivago - I'm Yours
    Toni Tornado -Bochechuda
    Max Infinity - Love Makes a Better World (Part 1)
    Ann Sexton - You're Losing Me
    Alice Clark - Don't You Care
    Rhetta Hughes - Light My Fire
    Kathryn Moses - Music In My Heart
    Charlie Palmieri - No Esta En Na'
    Jack Costanzo - Que Dichoso Es
    Los Caracoles - Cumbia Sabrosa
    Three Sounds - (Sock It to Me) Harper Valley PTA
    Lou Rawls - Trouble Down Here Below
    Alex Konadu - W'awu Do Ho No
    Marcos Valle - Mentira
    Bob Dorough - The Beat Goes On
    Nina Simone - Come Ye

• hey do u have that "SOS - Heart in Distress" mix? the one with the 60s girl groups?

i checked the link http://funky16corners.blogspot.com/2006/06/funky16corners-radio-v4-sos-heart-in_07.html
    but i dont think there's a link there?

its been talked about here b4 and im really eager to hear it!

You're the second person to ask for it this week. I'll try to get it reposted later this week.

awesome, much appreciated

just posted...