Tracks that sound better flipped on 45 rpm

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
That Truck Turner ish from isaac hayes which is also on that UBB....feel free to add on...

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    "ufo"-ESG sounds better flipped on 33 than how it is supposed to be... on 45.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    Most D4L songs.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Sun "Time Is Passing". However it's better when it's pitched a little slower than that so the vocals sound less weird.

• "ufo"-ESG sounds better flipped on 33 than how it is supposed to be... on 45.

UBB-related:

Dexter Wansel "Theme From The Planets"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I was in a store today and the owner was there with a highschool buddy. They were reliving their glory days. At one point he turns to me and says careful this record may be a little much, it's really band hardcore. Puts the 7 inch on and about a minute in I'm thinking to myself. "This record ain't half bad". I tell this to the owner and he agrees. Then his friend walks over and says "I think you got this on the wrong speed", hits the speed selector down to 33. Songs turns into crappy punk rawk. We just had to laugh.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    put it on 45 so i can dance to it!!

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    Ramsey Lewis' "Collage" off of Upendo ni Pamoja

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    werd to mr doe. ur mixtapes be killing it

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I was in a store today and the owner was there with a highschool buddy. They were reliving their glory days. At one point he turns to me and says careful this record may be a little much, it's really band hardcore. Puts the 7 inch on and about a minute in I'm thinking to myself. "This record ain't half bad". I tell this to the owner and he agrees. Then his friend walks over and says "I think you got this on the wrong speed", hits the speed selector down to 33. Songs turns into crappy punk rawk. We just had to laugh.

haha! there's a similar deal with the Butthole Surfers' PCPPEP Live record. Last week I was a little buzzed while listening to a Velvettes 45 accidentally switched to 33. It took a while for me to realize after liking what I heard that it was at the incorrect speed.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Side 2 of Phil Manzanera's Impossible Guitars on 33 instaead of 45 is some dirty schitt.

• Kraftwerk: Electric Cafe, title track.

crank it up to 45 and voila you have the theme from Sprocket!

But you already knew that...

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    I bought a Can I Kick It remix by Von Trap. No where did it say that it was 45. When I listened to it, I thought it was some next level avant type shit. Slowed down golden era track.
    When I got home I tried to find it online to let this cat hear it. When I found an audio sample of it, it was much faster.
    I kinda like the slower version.

can i kick it von trap remix.mp3 - 8.40MB

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I like listening to the 45 jam on it by nucleus turn down to 33. Makes it sound like a goth record.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The Captain Freak break is massive when played at 33rpm.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    ha i never know whether to play the butthole surfers records on 45 or 33. Come to think of it i don't think it really matters