Weekday Finds

2»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's real good....Hotel Loopden material.

I'm gonna call you this weekend....I have a wild ass story that ends with you getting a free $100 record.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    It's real good....Hotel Loopden material.

I'm gonna call you this weekend....I have a wild ass story that ends with you getting a free $100 record.

well as if one of your world famous stories wasn't enough....
    the $100 free record certainly is bait.

• and this....

Which I picked up today at a local Salvation Army store. Its a Christian Folk Psych LP that contains the song "Ride On" which has a long drum solo that leads into a Jaw Crunching Drum Break. And the song "Universal Rhythm" which is a funky bass and drum heavy track.

Even came complete with a lyric book.

great record. it has a couple of breaks and several nice loops. plus the song Jan's Song I think that is what it is -- don't have the record anymore, is sooo dope real chill and spooky.

good find.

I was really surprised how good it is. I was expecting some snoozy religious music, but they really bring the grooves with this one. I wonder how often this LP turns up since I've never seen or heard about it before.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    scooped coppies of
    Junior Mance - With alotta help from my friends
    Jorge Ben - 10 anos Depois
    Ramsey - Another voyage
    from my school's library book sale

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

and this....

Which I picked up today at a local Salvation Army store. Its a Christian Folk Psych LP that contains the song "Ride On" which has a long drum solo that leads into a Jaw Crunching Drum Break. And the song "Universal Rhythm" which is a funky bass and drum heavy track.

Even came complete with a lyric book.

great record. it has a couple of breaks and several nice loops. plus the song Jan's Song I think that is what it is -- don't have the record anymore, is sooo dope real chill and spooky.

good find.

I was really surprised how good it is. I was expecting some snoozy religious music, but they really bring the grooves with this one. I wonder how often this LP turns up since I've never seen or heard about it before.

It's not super rare. Tom Belt is really well known with people who collect Christian records and he made a whole bunch of albums. They seemed to have gotten around pretty well too for privates. That's definitely one of the better ones though. You'd probably get like $50 for nice copy on eBay.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    No records, but I found an old VHS copy of Metralleta Stein (aka Blind Vendetta), a 70s Italian cops-and-robbers movie with John Saxon as the villian. The soundtrack is excellent and supposedly a holy grail funk LP. The theme is this downtempo, dark, piano and fuzz guitar based incidental piece with clean popcorn drums.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    John Saxon VHS raer collectro =

• really feelin the record on the far left...stoney and spiritual folk w/ soft psych type moves...players include tom scott on woodwinds and emil richards on vibes and percussion. Excellent listen throughout.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

libraries.

and two copies of this

really awesome record which someone turned me onto during the heat rock auction (forget who, maybe o dub?). christian jazz record with two killer down tempo fender rhodes tracks.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    MPC3000!!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

really awesome record which someone turned me onto during the heat rock auction (forget who, maybe o dub?). christian jazz record with two killer down tempo fender rhodes tracks.

he has a 45 with Zambezi and some other track on it as well. i love this album and play it at home at least two maybe three times a month. thats a lot for me... to play an album that much.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    oliver nelson: more blues and the abstract truth
    impressions: check your mind
    pieces of a dream: the one w mt. airy groove
    serendepity singers: take your shoes off
    leon thomas: spirits known and unknown
    horace silver: silver's serenade

You got those from 2nd Beat, right?

I like "Yield Not" too. Al McKay and Ralph Johnson from the mid-seventies EWF lineup play guitar and drums on it as far as I remember. I could use a cleaner copy.

• tirefiretirefire 203 Posts
    houston person - person to person
    jon hassell - dream theory in malaya
    beach boys - sunflower (clean copy finally)
    roy ayres - tear to a smile
    clarence wheeler - new chicago blues
    three degrees - s/t
    freddie hubbard - first light
    melvin van peebles - don't play us cheap

a bunch more dollar stuff that I have to go through.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

he has a 45 with Zambezi and some other track on it as well. i love this album and play it at home at least two maybe three times a month. thats a lot for me... to play an album that much.

Ditto the great LP - look out for the first issue on Bee Gee, at least, I think it's the first issue

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I love that Joe Henderson/Alice Coltrane joint. That one song on there, you know, the one, the slow, grinding banger with the heavy bassline, love that! yeah i'm bad with song titles a lot of the time...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the one, the slow, grinding banger