Here is everything I know about project BLOWED.

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited June 2005 in Music Talk
1. Project Blowed was a health food store on crenshaw or somewhere in the hood that dudes used to rap really really fast at. 2. They used to Boo everybody that performed there. Including one time, fat joe. 3. Its supposedly where Jurassic 5 first developed that lame "everybody rap at one time" style. 4. The pharcyde went there a couple times. 5. This dude busdriver is from there who is mostly known today for getting clowned on an episode of blind date. 6. Bone thugs in harmony once took a bus from cleveland, secretly snuck in and stole their whole style from people named busdriver and shit. 7. Theres a bunch of other dudes with some jedi sounding names like Ehlile kurule or something. 8. Theres one dude called Ninja Fish I think. He sounds sort of interesting. 9. Aceyalone is that dude with an annoying voice that made some weird ass concept album. 10. that one dude that got in a bad car wreck a few years back. That was kinda sad. 11. Mikah 9 doesnt get along with guzzo cause hes a womanizer or something. 12. One day some dudes over there invented dirty south rap. 13. Archaic likes them alot, but no one is sure why exactly. 14. Haiku de ta? something like that. it was an album, or a 12" with aceyalone and that dude guzzo doesnt like. 15. Freestyle fellowship came from there, and went on to do that song about a potato. am I missing anything?

Comments

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Fab review.

Book of Human Language was dope.

- J

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

13. Archaic likes them alot, but no one is sure why exactly.

am I missing anything?

No, you are not missing anything.

#13 is the greatest mystery to man.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i know this is archaic bait, but i'll bite on this one

7. Theres a bunch of other dudes with some jedi sounding names like Ehlile kurule or something.

pronounced LA COOL.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Hah. This was funny.

I do find it kind of sad that so many east coast folks can't and or didn't fuck with Freestyle Fellowship and I will never disagree with Archaic about how dope Ellay Khule and Fish are. As far as I'm concerned, it's pretty sad those dudes aren't rapping over Timbaland tracks.

-e

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You know, as hard as it might be for a lot of folks to realize, most people on the east coast HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF PROJECT BLOWED.

The ONLY reason I know songs like "Watch LA Take Their Styles Back", "Strength Of ATU", "5 OClock Follies", "Slow Lights", etc etc etc etc is because I'm from the west coast, and ran in the underground Bay Area scene.

I wish folks would concentrate more on trying to spread THE MUSIC rather than THE GRUDGE.

I do know that I liked the first freestyle fellowship lp. then one time I liked a Mikah 9 song.

the end.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    All 3 Freestyle Fellowship albums are dope, but Innercity Griots is bangin son! Volume 10 in there? He's ok. I knew about Project Blowed cuz I liked Freestyle Fellowship so much, but they were mostly (from what I heard) not on Griot level.
    T.N.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It would be pretty sad if those dudes were wasting Timbaland tracks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It would be pretty sad if those dudes were wasting Timbaland tracks.

What?!

Thanks to the ceaseless efforts of Archaic, I now know that Timbaland is just one of the legion of Blowed biters.

The real tragedy would be if Blowed vocals were being wasted over Timbaland tracks!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

I wish folks would concentrate more on trying to spread THE MUSIC rather than THE GRUDGE.

need schooling, please provide download.

i'm with bsides on this one, my view of PB is based strictly on how much archaic has defended them and on how much other folks hate on them.

btw JP: the japanese version of the grudge is way better than the remake

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Personally, I'm kind of feeling THE GRUDGE.

When I come into the party I'm coming strapped with the military artillery raps
    I'm popping niggas in the arm in the head in the chest in the leg in the stomach in the backs
    And niggas' in hell, they ain't coming back
    You ain't never smelled a dead body stack?
    Applying a press like a bullet to the brain
    You could say that rap, but what would you gain?
    I'm gonna say, mane, looking for the winner of the game, wanna let my nuts hang
    Dang, you say it's one of those 2005 Mustangs that'll hit your block with an automatic gun pop
    Last thing you hear is the shell drop and I'm standing over your body with the barrell aiming at your head cocked
    Nigga, we don't care, we throw our hands in the air like we ain't do shit
    You can search me, um, I ain't got no gun, you saying I did it, well prove it

- Ngafsh

I'm zig-zagged out to the fullest, nigga, where's my papers at?
    Smooth like Peruvian fish scale and act a maniac

- Wreccless

I'm zig-zagged out to the fullest, nigga, where's my papers at?
    Smooth like Peruvian fish scale and act a maniac

- Wreccless

Whoa! AWESOME LYRIC DUDE!

WOW

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

7. Theres a bunch of other dudes with some jedi sounding names like Ehlile kurule or something.

pronounced LA Schmoove.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

pronounced LA Schmoove.

Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang, Pepe LePew, Pepe LePew
    La Schmoove, yo I ain't got NUTTIN to prove!

pronounced LA Schmoove.

good thing

• i know this is archaic bait, but i'll bite on this one

pronounced LA Schmoove.

watch brooklyn take they styles back take they styles back

Do you Ngafsh solemnly swear to smoke the booth, the vocal booth, and nothing but the booth with the exception of a blunt or two? I do.
    Where was you the night the industry was earning its stripes selling crack to hypes to build their label tight? At the Shack trying to come up right
    And isn't it true that your crew had the same opportunities and choose to do it a little different than the rest of these fools with your god-given tools? It's true, the streets of LA is the streets of LA, never saw much of my daddy, hey, we was out to pave the way to earn our way to a payday.
    Y'all gotta be the brokest rappers trying to hold on to integrity, will there ever be a day? You bet it'll be, nigga, this is CV, the motto's been "gotta cumm up, I gotta cumm up" since the early 90's, niggas thought we was talking about money, ha ha, nigga, that's funny, they destroying the community, we're giving the coke game a eulogy, should be in an interview talking about that instead of bragging about selling crack.
    So you mean to tell me that there's more to this group than what it appears to be, more than the eye can see, y'all villains chillin for real? In the place to be.

- Ngafsh

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

a few of us carpetbaggers do.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Thanks to Anasarcasm, I've discovered more of the Blowed than I knew previous. Its too bad there are never any mp3s posted up to go with all of the claims of greatness...

All of this ranting & arguing about what their influence is/was doesn't do much to promote their music. I wonder what these dudes would think if they saw some of these posts claiming that they influenced people who've never heard of them.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

1. Project Blowed was a health food store on crenshaw or somewhere in the hood that dudes used to rap really really fast at.

2. They used to Boo everybody that performed there. Including one time, fat joe.

3. Its supposedly where Jurassic 5 first developed that lame "everybody rap at one time" style.

4. The pharcyde went there a couple times.

5. This dude busdriver is from there who is mostly known today for getting clowned on an episode of blind date.

6. Bone thugs in harmony once took a bus from cleveland, secretly snuck in and stole their whole style from people named busdriver and shit.

8. Theres one dude called Ninja Fish I think. He sounds sort of interesting.

9. Aceyalone is that dude with an annoying voice that made some weird ass concept album.

10. that one dude that got in a bad car wreck a few years back. That was kinda sad.

11. Mikah 9 doesnt get along with guzzo cause hes a womanizer or something.

12. One day some dudes over there invented dirty south rap.

13. Archaic likes them alot, but no one is sure why exactly.

14. Haiku de ta? something like that. it was an album, or a 12" with aceyalone and that dude guzzo doesnt like.

15. Freestyle fellowship came from there, and went on to do that song about a potato.

am I missing anything?

16. goodlife cafe was poppin before project blowed

17. some toy w/ dreads jacked my name & cut chemist's hair style

You know:

1. His name is actually Doctor EZ, which others have shortened into Drez.
    2. The toy may very well be a better dj than you.
    3. Cut Chemist, who hardly invented locks, wishes he ever had hair as nice as Dr. EZ's. Now ayo's away...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

am I missing anything?

Yes...what about "Pocket Era" Blowed?

You know:

3. Cut Chemist, who hardly invented locks, wishes he ever had hair as nice as Dr. EZ's. Now ayo's away...

wrong on all thee above dawg... me & "boik" were in the same crew for a bit back in 93' & even he admits who's the og drez... the doctor ez came about when he knew i was trippin on the jack... & chemist shaved his head for good reason...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

am I missing anything?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

am I missing anything?

You know:

wrong on all thee above dawg... me & "boik" were in the same crew for a bit back in 93' & even he admits who's the og drez... the doctor ez came about when he knew i was trippin on the jack... & chemist shaved his head for good reason...

But I've never heard of you, so that makes your claims insignificant.

J/K...I hate that this conflict of names exists.

You know:

But I've never heard of you, so that makes your claims insignificant.

J/K...I hate that this conflict of names exists.

yeah homie, i feel you, & REAL heads know the deal, was puttin in work b4 dude even got into graf let alone dj'ing... his og name was "BOIK" & dude was never at goodlife in the early dayz... all the cats from the early days including myself were part of g'money's hiphop one network... i know dude dude knows me, when sweated by some cats from my crew he replied "i know i know, thats why i use dr.ez" so i dunno what to tell you... i can respect dudes skills but i can also tell you he's a biter str8 up... also plaes to save your disses for the usual strutters that bust your balls, i myself have never been on that train ride...

peace,

drez(VOB.UFK.WCA)