Can I hate on Cassandra Wilson?

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
This woman and her slooooooow covers are making me sick. Musical advanced co-worker is always rocking this shit. Basically, wait for 5 seconds between every word she is singing. Hate her.PS: I was formely known as JLR. This is the new me. Get familiar.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    This woman and her slooooooow covers are making me sick. Musical advanced co-worker is always rocking this shit. Basically, wait for 5 seconds between every word she is singing. Hate her.

PS: I was formely known as JLR. This is the new me. Get familiar.

you can, but I seriously doubt if anyone here would care one way or the other.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    This woman and her slooooooow covers are making me sick. Musical advanced co-worker is always rocking this shit. Basically, wait for 5 seconds between every word she is singing. Hate her.

her older material is worth hearing.. that voice is like butter.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    This woman and her slooooooow covers are making me sick.

isn't this a serious disease that needs immediate medical treatment? Cassandra Wilson Complex? JLR, i mean Champagne, go see the doctor immediately. And switch to Sade to avoid further worsening...

• This woman and her slooooooow covers are making me sick. Musical advanced co-worker is always rocking this shit. Basically, wait for 5 seconds between every word she is singing. Hate her.

I am not so sure. It wouldn't surprise me if I found a Cassandra Wilson CD in the one Philly Phill's car changer...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    i mean Champagne

it's not "Champagne", it's "CHAMPAGNE".

• I own this one. Been a while since I listened but it's nice stuff.

I am not so sure. It wouldn't surprise me if I found a Cassandra Wilson CD in the one Philly Phill's car changer...

I have paid $ to see her live years ago, but I can't think of a CD of hers that I have kept. Maybe my ears aren't sophisticated enough, but I never really loved her material that much. And there are only a handful of vocalists who work in the same vein who are on her level. She has been doing it for a while now, so respect is due, but I hear where Chapagne is coming from.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    confession time: my very own wife has a Cassandra CD with a Neil Young cover that turns your house into a home with every listening.

I own this one. Been a while since I listened but it's nice stuff.

That's the one I have/had also. I am pretty sure I still have it since it's resale value is nil, it's in every used CD store's budget jazz section across the USA. Not a bad CD tho. Still more interesting than a Norah Jones CD.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I was gonna say something about the Cassandra Wilson CD I own but then realised it is by N'dea Davenport...... carry own.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Excellent choice.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Excellent choice.

Thank you.

• Strutters most apt to have a Cassandra Wilson CD:

Philly Phill
    BATMON
    Big_Stacks
    Coselmed
    Terry_Clubbup
    Jewbacca

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Strutters most apt to have a Cassandra Wilson CD:

Philly Phill
    BATMON
    Big_Stacks
    Coselmed
    Terry_Clubbup
    Jewbacca

Reynaldo
    Fatback

Philly Phill
    BATMON
    Big_Stacks
    Coselmed
    Terry_Clubbup
    JEWBACCA

RAJ

• I will cosign Reynaldo and Fatback. Not so sure about Raj.

In fact, the one Faux_Rillz may just be trying to throw us off his own (in)scent.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Philly Phill
    BATMON
    Big_Stacks
    Coselmed
    Terry_Clubbup
    Jewbacca

unless Ms. Wilson adds activator to her hair and slaps to her 9 minute renditions of Cole Porter jamz you won't find any of her catalogue polluting my good schitt

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Not so sure about Raj.

I see Pat Metheny appreciation posts in RAJ's future

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Philly Phill
    BATMON
    Big_Stacks
    Coselmed
    Terry_Clubbup
    Jewbacca

I own 5 of them. Fall back or fall back.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Real question is: who has a Diana Krall CD at home?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

the christmas one?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I will cosign Fatback.

Thanks a lot. I hate that shit. I can't even stomach the shit she did with one of my favorite groups, Air.

I will cosign Fatback.

Thanks a lot. I hate that shit. I can't even stomach the shit she did with one of my favorite groups, Air.

^^^^LISTENS TO FUZACK ALL DAY E'YDAY; CLAIMS TO BE BURNT OUT ON QUALITY JAZZ

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I will cosign Fatback.
    ^^^^LISTENS TO FUZACK ALL DAY E'YDAY; CLAIMS TO BE BURNT OUT ON QUALITY JAZZ
    Grover Washington Jr. is not fuzak.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Celebration!

IMG SRC=http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2717/champfm3.jpg>

• Strutters most apt to have a Cassandra Wilson CD:

Philly Phill
    BATMON
    Big_Stacks
    Coselmed
    Terry_Clubbup
    Jewbacca

I own 5 of them. Fall back or fall back.

I knew I was forgetting someone!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I have about 4 I think, don't hatt Diana, she is awesome live & her CDs are nice.

• Real question is: who has a Diana Krall CD at home?

my wife. and she tries to get my to jump on the krall wagon...i told her to jump on the jamie cullum wagon. so her ipod shuffle goes diane krall to slayer to jay z to sheer terror...i cringe when the krall comes on. i told her to

• Not so sure about Raj.

I see Pat Metheny appreciation posts in RAJ's future

and possibly a new graemlin for "Volvo Jazz" sometime after that...