Mike 2600/Burlesque interview in the new XLR8R

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Read it online:http://www.xlr8r.com/magazine/pdf/XLR8R_105.pdfCongrats homay, it's long overdue!

Comments

• congrats. I've been a fan of all the burlesque stuff for awhile.

On a side note...they put entire magazines online? Weird.

• The article looks great!

Congrats to y'all, you've been straight killing it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    GO MIKE!!! that's whats up.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    GO MIKE!!! that's whats up.

I heard this in my head like that one song "Mount Up, Bang That Butt, Mount Up, Bang That Butt"

Word 'ems Mike D you deserve it!!!

• yes!! congratulations hommey. i hardly ever use this graemlin but this is a special occasion

six of them even

• Read it online:
    http://www.xlr8r.com/magazine/pdf/XLR8R_105.pdf

Congrats homay, it's long overdue!

a real inspiration to me.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Just to bring it full circle, our own Ross Hogg did the cover interview with Sizzla, King Most's new 12" with Aloe Blacc was reviewed and Ayres and Delay get a mention in that issue as well.

• Everyone please go out and buy this issue!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Ross Hogg did the cover interview with Sizzla

I just noticed this as well the Hogg is moving hoggish snatching up all the food/work.
    Congrats to him and all the other soul strut peeps.

• dmadma 36 Posts
    This is a new thing they're doing. I think it just started with this issue.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    do it mike!

• yes burlesque stylish midwest

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Just to bring it full circle, our own Ross Hogg did the cover interview with Sizzla, King Most's new 12" with Aloe Blacc was reviewed and Ayres and Delay get a mention in that issue as well.
    Soulstrut is on KABOOM! right now.

Look for the mingering mike book to take over the world in a couple months.

• Good stuff!

But where's all the props for superpoaster?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Thats tight! Congrats to all you guys.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    love your work mr mike 2600! and burlesque crew.

congrats! to everyone

• moving hoggish

Mittstape title plaese

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I've been a firm beliver in Mike's skills since the early years and am glad he is down to work with Soul Strut. Keep it going, homie!

• Whoa crazy - the whole thing is online?

Damn, thanks for the overwhelming amount of good words folks! I love what I do and am incredibly fortunate that I can do it for a living and get such a great response from it.

Big up to all the Soulstrut people who I've had the chance to create artwork for - Olski, Day, Cosmo and Ayres, Morse Code, Stef, Matthew Africa, Jonny Paycheck, Danno, King Young Phonics, and of course Raj Asshurt McGee.

Mike

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i might have to get this issue....and the last one since it had a whole feature on paperrad

nice work mike! you know i love your stuff man

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    nice work mike! you know i love your stuff

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

The praise is hugely deserved!

• ppppppprooooooppppppssssss

whats horkey working on?

word - thanks!

horkey just finished the artwork for a new converge tour poster which we'll be printing soon, even more stuff for flip skateboards, and he recently killed a bat that was flying around in his house. not sure what else.

• Big up to all the Soulstrut people who I've had the chance to create artwork for - Olski, Day, Cosmo and Ayres, Morse Code, Stef, Matthew Africa, Jonny Paycheck, Danno, King Young Phonics, Herm[/b] and of course Raj Asshurt McGee.

• Big up to all the Soulstrut people who I've had the chance to create artwork for - Olski, Day, Cosmo and Ayres, Morse Code, Stef, Matthew Africa, Jonny Paycheck, Danno, King Young Phonics, Herm[/b] and of course Raj Asshurt McGee.

sheeeeeeit! i knew i was leaving someone out! but don't feel left out - i was just doing laundry tonight [real DJs do real things] and the homemade Hermmade BIZ shirt is now so fresh and so clean... so i'm'a be stylin' on fools like whoa.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    hell yeah congrats mike!

• Big up to all the Soulstrut people who I've had the chance to create artwork for - Olski, Day, Cosmo and Ayres, Morse Code, Stef, Matthew Africa, Jonny Paycheck, Danno, King Young Phonics, Herm, Serg & B.Cause [/b] and of course Raj Asshurt McGee.