Luke and Josh could make a great instrumental lp

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
but apart their solo productions have just been aside from bf and pp did they ever do a real track together?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Their solo projects have been amazing, and are on a short list of music that I will never tire of, no matter how many times I listen. It may be the hip thing to hate on Josh post-hyphy, but his fist two albums are brilliant. (and the latest one has its moments, especially on the bonus tracks and new live album)

Would an album like Dilla's Donuts exist if Endtroducing... was never released? I doubt it.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Would an album like Dilla's Donuts exist if Endtroducing... was never released? I doubt it.

wow man i would have never even thought about relating the two albums together But then again i havent listened to endtroducing in like 8 years or so. Honestly to me i see little to no correlation but then again its been almost decade since listening to entroducing, but i listen to douts religously

Luke used to go to my barbershop but i switched shops. Dude seems mad cool and was coaching a youth football team in liberty city , to my understanding

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

wow man i would have never even thought about relating the two albums together But then again i havent listened to endtroducing in like 8 years or so. Honestly to me i see little to no correlation but then again its been almost decade since listening to entroducing, but i listen to douts religously

Luke used to go to my barbershop but i switched shops. Dude seems mad cool and was coaching a youth football team in liberty city , to my understanding

Just saying, Josh took instrumental hip-hop to a next level and made it acceptable to make a 100 % sample based album. Aethetically they are very different, but instrumental hip-hop wouldn't have taken off in the way it has w/o that record.

• Josh made it acceptable to make a 100 % sample based album.

instrumental hip-hop wouldn't have taken off in the way it has w/o that record.

please be serious.

ps- why do mo fuckas always type "josh" like they are chums.

• the first thing i thought when i saw this thread was:

+

=

intelligent vampire booty bass?

• Josh made it acceptable to make a 100 % sample based album.

instrumental hip-hop wouldn't have taken off in the way it has w/o that record.

please be serious.

lol. In no way did "Entroducing" influence or inspire "Donuts" Its two totally different things. "Donuts" was a beat tape not a concept album. I'm sure if Dilla's health would have been up to par, some of those beats would have had raps on em. Only similarity is that they are instrumental albums. Dilla was kind of a popular producer for like 10+ years. He had a lot of plaques on his wall. He didn't need "Entroducing" to pop off. Come on dude, you're really buggin with this one.

• ps- why do mo fuckas always type "josh" like they are chums.

ditto for "luke."

are y'all homies? if not, it just seems like creepy stan behavior. or, alternatively, pathetic fanboy behavior.

ditto for "luke."

are y'all homies? if not, it just seems like creepy stan behavior. or, alternatively, pathetic fanboy behavior.

oh. i just realized, are they talkin bout cut chemist?

its not only hella fanboy, but if an artist wanted to be called by his/her first name, thats prolly what it would say on their records.

ps. whose creepy stan? are they talkin bout cc?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    you are ignoring this user

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

ditto for "luke."

luke???

I am

ditto for "luke."

oh. i just realized, are they talkin bout cut chemist?

its not only hella fanboy, but if an artist wanted to be called by his/her first name, thats prolly what it would say on their records.

ps. whose creepy stan? are they talkin bout cc?

Seriously dude. If you had walked up to him and called him Luke he'd probably be look "who the fuck are you?" It's Cut Chemist to you and Lucas to his real friends.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    the first thing i thought when i saw this thread was:

+

=

intelligent vampire booty bass?

Blazing uptempo downtempo?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i couldn't fit dj shadow and cut chemist into the title of the poast
    furthermore
    i am glad everyone is so deeply offended that i called 2 djs by their first names
    ya'll take this internet shite a bit too seriously
    fanboy?

ummm i don't think so

josh's last 2 lps were lame and endtroducing didn't hold up over 10 yeras like i thought it would
    lucas' last effort was ok but i expected a lot more

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i thought this post was about uncle luke, ha

i am

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    worst thread ever.

• i couldn't fit dj shadow and cut chemist into the title of the poast

josh's [/b] last 2 lps were lame and endtroducing didn't hold up over 10 yeras like i thought it would
    lucas' [/b] last effort was ok but i expected a lot more

• Just saying, Josh took instrumental hip-hop to a next level and made it acceptable to make a 100 % sample based album. Aethetically they are very different, but instrumental hip-hop wouldn't have taken off in the way it has w/o that record.

What?
    I thought most hip-hop pre-1996(ish) was entirely sample based.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    is the stones throw board down again?

• worst thread ever.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    sorry to upset all of you sooooo much

but not really

• Would an album like Dilla's Donuts exist if Endtroducing... was never released? I doubt it.

Shadow has donesome great stuff and all - but WTF are you talking about?

worst post ever

• This whole time I assumed he was talking about luke vibert.

• but apart their solo productions have just been

aside from bf and pp did they ever do a real track together?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    This whole time I assumed he was talking about luke vibert.

I was confused too. That should be an interesting collaboration as well. Luke Vibert would add some Amen Andrews and acid vibes...

• Would an album like Dilla's Donuts exist if Endtroducing... was never released? I doubt it.

Worst statement ever.

• P.S. -

+

=

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Worst statement ever.

cosign...and if you diss cut chemist you diss yourself.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i wonder what a collabo between Chris and Rob would be like.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    but apart their solo productions have just been

i never realized how corny this looks until now. playing mpc's with your face? Live on stage? hmmmmmm... i like these guys too.

• but apart their solo productions have just been

i never realized how corny this looks until now. playing mpc's with your face? Live on stage? hmmmmmm... i like these guys too.

yeah. if these were some average joes, all the dickriders woud dog this shit. shits not really listenable.

shadow and cut chemist coud make a great instrumental lp.....

.... and if i had a horn i'd be a fuckin unicorn.