WU TANG past present and future

Comments

• method man has got to be one of the worst rappers ever.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I THINK FOR ONCE WE CAN ALL AGREE HERE: DOESN'T LIKE RAP.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    i kinda lost a bit of intrest in the stuff coming out in about 93/94. i still continued to buy stuff but it got less and less. i was feeling stuff like blackmoon, kurious jorge, organized konfusion etc

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    method man has got to be one of the worst rappers ever.

Holy schitt...Soul Strut consensus for once?

Never that son?

But yeah, it's one thing to say, "I don't love Meth." It's another thing to bury him at the bottom of "worst rappers ever."

Some needs to upload, "The What?" STAT.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

It's been over for more than half a decade.

Your man faux_rills is in this thread

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    method man has got to be one of the worst rappers ever.

Holy schitt...Soul Strut consensus for once?

Never that son?

But yeah, it's one thing to say, "I don't love Meth." It's another thing to bury him at the bottom of "worst rappers ever."

Some needs to upload, "The What?" STAT.

seriously if we're talking past tense Wu, he was one of the best.

present tense, he's somewhere in the top 30.

• I am still feeling WU. In the past year I've seen Ghost, Gza, Meth, Deck, Masta Killa and even Cappadonna and all the shows were packed.

I enjoyed Masta Killa's last album because I like that shit. I thought Method Man's was alright but never really gave it a solid listen. I could tell it was better than the Prequel though.

I heard Rza is working on a new album and I saw him on some techno shit on the Labcabin.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Bwahahahaha

Try 'not mentioned at all'...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Bwahahahaha

Try 'not mentioned at all'...

#29 method man
    #30 lil wayne
    #31 jeezy

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    anyone know what happened to GZA?

Besides the Chappelle Show cameos I haven't heard shit from this dude (ya gotz ta diversify yo bonds).

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

"Full scale digital owchestwa son! Doo-doo-doo-dooo!"

I am sorry this and the outfit is some of the funniest things I have read this week

• Did anyone catch that Blood Diamond documentary with Paul Wall and Raekwon?

I was watching that the other day and found it ironic that Raekwon couldn't even stand to get out of the buss because he didn't want to see all the amputees. I guess he didn't realize how insulting he was being until his boy talked some sense into him.

Maybe he should stop calling himself Lex Diamonds.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

He put out that tepid chessploitation album with dj muggs.

He put out that tepid chessploitation album with dj muggs.

Somebody tried to discuss that album with me late last year.

I knew, at that point, that it was going to be an awkward and tortured exchange.

tepid chessploitation

tepid chessploitation

tepid chessploitation

tepid chessploitation

tepid chessploitation

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    In the past year I've seen ...even Cappadonna and all the shows were packed.
    I hope that was a free show or he was opening for a lot of other people

In the past year I've seen ...even Cappadonna and all the shows were packed.

I wonder... did the show take place at UCLA?

• In the past year I've seen ...even Cappadonna and all the shows were packed.

I wonder... did the show take place at UCLA?

sounds more like a USC affair.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i saw killah priest open for big daddy kane a few years ago and the crowd thinned out significantly after priest's set.

what is wrong with people?

• i saw killah priest open for big daddy kane a few years ago and the crowd thinned out significantly after priest's set.

in fairness, why did you bother showing up early enough to see Killah Priest?

i saw killah priest open for big daddy kane a few years ago and the crowd thinned out significantly after priest's set.

Okay, chad, that was actually pretty funny.

Didn't Killah Priest have an album called Heavy Mental about ten years back?

One of the moments of my life when I have felt most embarassed for humanity was when this girl dragged me to some headwraps-n-incense open-mic poetry event BITD and, after one dude subjected the crowd to some particularly painful nonrhyming foolishness, another dude led the crowd in a chant of "heavy mental!"

Back before Vice became a douchebag rag, one of the founders, Suroosh, wrote a fucking fantastic article basically shitting all over Killah Priest's pseudointellectualisms and pointing out how his "deep thinker/intellectual" stance was a complete crock. It was a stellar takedown.

• i saw killah priest open for big daddy kane a few years ago and the crowd thinned out significantly after priest's set.

Back before Vice became a douchebag rag, one of the founders, Suroosh, wrote a fucking fantastic article basically shitting all over Killah Priest's pseudointellectualisms and pointing out how his "deep thinker/intellectual" stance was a complete crock. It was a stellar takedown.

not to channel Archaic or anything, but there was a hilarious Wake Up Show that featured Haiku d'Etat battling the "Wu Tang Clan" (which, if memory serves, was merely Killah Priest and two others.) At one point Ab Rude starts imitating Priest, basically just putting together a string of serious-sounding words while impersonating his voice, e.g. "Bible, tribal, libel..." Dude it sounded EXACTLY like him; at first I wasn't sure who was rhyming. It was actually a hilarious "battle" (if you can set aside the irony of Ab Rude dissing another rapper for talking nonsense). Anyone got that?

• I used to have that shit. I might still... but it might be in Berkeley and is definitely on cassette (no player related).

• I used to have that shit. I might still... but it might be in Berkeley and is definitely on cassette (no player related).

yeah I had a tape of it too once...will dig in the closet tonight.

I used to have that shit. I might still... but it might be in Berkeley and is definitely on cassette (no player related).

It takes a brave man to own up to purchasing an album by a Wu-Tang third stringer.

I made many mistakes in my youth, but I am proud to say I never bought any of that crap. I did buy The Boogiemosters second album at around that time, though.

I did buy The Boogiemosters second album at around that time, though.

Speaking of which: RAER

It takes a brave man to own up to purchasing an album by a Wu-Tang third stringer.

I made many mistakes in my youth, but I am proud to say I never bought any of that crap. I did buy The Boogiemosters second album at around that time, though.

no man it was a dub off the radio.

I used to have that shit. I might still... but it might be in Berkeley and is definitely on cassette (no player related).

Oops... I have outed myself as having purchased the Boogiemonsters' second album for naught!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I did buy The Boogiemosters second album at around that time, though.

Speaking of which: RAER
    hah i saw this on the shelves at 2nd hand tunes the other day for 6.99...oops

wasn't common in on that battle too? or am i thinking about a different one? i have that tape around here somewhere (i ain't gonna go look for it though)