Capstrut (NER)

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
OK, so on a whim I breezed through Urban Outfitters about a week ago, and noticed they had these pretty cool New Era caps that had a skyline of LA stitched in the front with "WEST" on the back. I've tried looking on the New Era site as well as urban outfitters trying to find other cities (specifically Oakland or SF) to no avail. Upper Playground seems to have made some, but it had "Upper Playground" stitched in bold above the skyline. I want clean no-name-brand-emblazoned type steez. anyone else seen these caps?

Comments

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    nrr
    i dont look 'right' in a new era. maybe its just my head size (ayo) but they never seem to look right. i've been rocking 2 different red sox caps over the last 3 or 4 years because of this. the exgirlfriend gave them to me too. its like im wearing a piece of her legacy every day

• nrr
    i dont look 'right' in a new era. maybe its just my head size (ayo) but they never seem to look right. i've been rocking 2 different red sox caps over the last 3 or 4 years because of this. the exgirlfriend gave them to me too. its like im wearing a piece of her legacy every day

yeah, I hear ya. The LA skyline cap actually looked kinda good on my dome, and I was kinda fiendin for a new baseball cap as my other ones got some surrious sweat-ring action.

found a pic from a dude on craigslist for the Oakland skyline, but my head is too big:

I'm wondering if these are regional only releases?

• the "LA skyline"? what does that even look like?

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    the "LA skyline"? what does that even look like?

-------HoLlYWoOd-----

• it was of downtown LA

except the one I saw was black with white stitching and no "LA" on the side

• I saw a dude rocking an SF hat that had a partial SF street map showing the area around PacBell Park.

prolly Upper Playground not sure though. it looked kinda nice.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    A good hat blog with lots of links for purchasing: http://caphappy.blogspot.com/

• i read cape strut and got excited

some of my fave caped crusaders:

on the cap side, i don't think i can do them anymore. in new york, they don't make them in regular people sizes, so everyone looks like they're chemo kids or some shit wearing a hat all on the side of their face.

• A good hat blog with lots of links for purchasing: http://caphappy.blogspot.com/

that page hasn't been updated in 4eva. hi c*smo! i liked you're hat last night

meets

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I have a skinny head and it does not look right at all with a New Era perched up top.

Size Medium Franchise Caps @ll the weigh.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    A good hat blog with lots of links for purchasing: http://caphappy.blogspot.com/

that page hasn't been updated in 4eva. hi c*smo! i liked you're hat last night

meets

My hat?!? Dude, it's a t-shirt sleeve. What do you think I do with all the weak promo Tees i get?

• if any Bay heads want tees with the Muni logo on them holler at me. we actually have a licensing deal with Muni to print these.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude you're killing me.

• man, i've done this to a couple hats. it fucking sucks. it's a big[/b] pain in the head. those threads are so difficult to rip out. then the stray one's stab you in your head. :hatter:

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i can only fuck with Flex Fits.
    who knows where to get the hot flexfits of the season?

• you're kinda late on those skyline hats. check your local sportsfan or lids, they might still have some in stock. the thing with those is that retailers with new era accounts could get them somewhat custom made. for instance, here one of the sportsfans got some denver skyline hats but instead of the rockies logo they have a 303 instead. that's probably what was up with the LA one that said west on the back. neweracaps.com and lids.com are both out of these and those are 2 sites that have all of the standard new era releases. every new era is different though, a batch of 5 of the same hats that are all 7 1/4 may be all different sizes when you try 'em on so it's best to get one from a store anyway.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i do custom embroidery and heat press on my own shit. flexfit all the way, i like the fit better.

• you're kinda late on those skyline hats. check your local sportsfan or lids, they might still have some in stock. the thing with those is that retailers with new era accounts could get them somewhat custom made. for instance, here one of the sportsfans got some denver skyline hats but instead of the rockies logo they have a 303 instead. that's probably what was up with the LA one that said west on the back. neweracaps.com and lids.com are both out of these and those are 2 sites that have all of the standard new era releases. every new era is different though, a batch of 5 of the same hats that are all 7 1/4 may be all different sizes when you try 'em on so it's best to get one from a store anyway.

blargh. yeah, I was afraid they might be L.E. The main reason I dug the LA ones I found at UO was because of the cut of the top of the hat - not the oversized dome but more short and squared off. shit looked nice, and was only about $30, but I'd rather rep my hometown than my schooltown.

and unfortunately for me, I wear at minimum a 7 1/2 (with my head shaved) and the only one I've found so far is a 7 1/8.

blargh. again.

• A good hat blog with lots of links for purchasing: http://caphappy.blogspot.com/

that page hasn't been updated in 4eva.

I know that guy.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    my shoe selection may be weak, but i dont mess around when it comes to hats, hats are like architecture in fashion...i dont know, maybe i shouldnt have watched blossom as a kid, here's some of mine...the one in front extreme right is the one in my avatar

• www.hatland.com has the whole city skyline line. they have a lot of hats.

• my shoe selection may be weak, but i dont mess around when it comes to hats, hats are like architecture in fashion...i dont know, maybe i shouldnt have watched blossom as a kid, here's some of mine...the one in front extreme right is the one in my avatar

Do you live with the_mack?? I detect a certain similar cap...

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    www.hatland.com has the whole city skyline line. they have a lot of hats.
    does anyone else find this web site a bit IN YOUR FACE?

• www.hatland.com has the whole city skyline line. they have a lot of hats.

Damn they got a lot of shit at this site. Thanks for the link.

How retarded, they list a hat as "Athletics 'COOPERSTOWN SKYLINE' Green Fitted Hats by New Era" but it's not by new era, it's by american needle and their attempt at a knock off of the new era skyline hat is corny as hell - complete with cheesy fake graffiti.

However, prof_rockwell, they did have a pretty nice Frisco Giants NE 59fifty here:

http://www.hatland.com/search_hats2.cfm?searchterm=skyline&prodid=8655

Not sure if you're from The Town or from Frisco, but that's closer than LA!

• yeah, those american needle jawns are

I like the style of the SF ones, but not the colors. I might have to start repping DC cause those are kinda bangin

And that hat spot on telegraph - i know that spot! they used to have pics of digital underground and alot of the bay rappers up in there.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    my shoe selection may be weak, but i dont mess around when it comes to hats, hats are like architecture in fashion...i dont know, maybe i shouldnt have watched blossom as a kid, here's some of mine...the one in front extreme right is the one in my avatar

i desperately want that Nordiques hat!