Did Superpoaster just get moder-hated?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Our little miss(ter) sunshine just posted a glowing review of a French hip-hop album up on the Strut but 10 minutes later and it's mysteriously vanished into the ether.Dolo lives but SP can't gush over Francophile souljazzbraekzhip-hop?

Comments

• Our little miss(ter) sunshine just posted a glowing review of a French hip-hop album up on the Strut but 10 minutes later and it's mysteriously vanished into the ether.

Dolo lives but SP can't gush over Francophile souljazzbraekzhip-hop?

I actually watched both of those terrible videos he posted. I didn't know anybody was still liking that kind of music anymore.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dixieland jazz DMC stylings are not hip hop.
    Free SP! (Keep in mind that's not Unleash SP, just free him up).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Our little miss(ter) sunshine just posted a glowing review of a French hip-hop album up on the Strut but 10 minutes later and it's mysteriously vanished into the ether.

Dolo lives but SP can't gush over Francophile souljazzbraekzhip-hop?

I actually watched both of those terrible videos he posted. I didn't know anybody was still liking that kind of music anymore.

Oh, I don't doubt this. I just found it interested, that of all the posts someone would remove (unless SP requested it removed), this would be it.

• Oliver-

I think that, when Dolo posts some dumb shit, he might get moderhatted too.

It's a new day. Let a man come in and do the popcorn.

• Dixieland jazz DMC stylings are not hip hop.
    Free SP! (Keep in mind that's not Unleash SP, just free him up).

Dude I couldn't even figure out what would be difficult about that routine! 4 guys scratching trumpets and Louis Armstrong

Still don't see why the little hommie got his thread deleted though.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Charleston Hop
    FoxTrot Hop

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Some users, including Superpoaster, have been asked to stop creating new threads until they have a better understanding of what is a reasonable use of bandwidth. While there's nothing wrong with drawing attention to any music on the Strut (however lame it may be), superpoaster needs to gain a little perspective before he continues to clog up the board with his commentary.

This is part of a general campaign called "hey friend, think a little before you post" financed by the Soul Strut Society of the Ass Hurt.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

whats up danno?

A little

and

to manage

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    A little

and

to manage

I don't know if this particular thread warranted being deleted, but I am with this line of thinking to an extent.

• A little

and

to manage

I don't know if this particular thread warranted being deleted, but I am with this line of thinking to an extent.

People make all kind of posts about wack music without their threads being deleted. Superpoaster is a bit off the hook but this one wasn't too bad.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    "hey friend, think a little before you post"

A little

and

to manage

People make all kind of posts about wack music without their threads being deleted. Superpoaster is a bit off the hook but this one wasn't too bad.
    like honestly dizzy bull (no offense) puts more jive threads on this board then everyone combined but he isn't being censored. I agree that superposter needs make better judgment in his posts, but i think he needs to do that instead of mods doing it for him. deleting that thread he just made was unnecessary. I mean the little dude wasnt really trying to make wack threads at first but people like kinetic and dizzy turned every thread he made into a free for all clowning session. He showed his appreciation for madlib and it got turned into a spectacle which made him respond to a million attacks at him and all those satellite diss threads, which i thought was a little mean. Now he went and tried to make a music thread about something that I wasnt really even up on, and he got shut down. I even told dude to lurk for a while and soak up whats going on, but deleting his posts like that was not the goodest of looks.

thank you.
    your welcome, but dont think im giving you a pass to start posting some jive about stones throw putting out the best music in the last 100 years. Just lay low for a little while and watch how the board goes down then you can start posting a little bit more intelligently. aight?

like honestly dizzy bull (no offense) puts more jive threads on this board then everyone combined but he isn't being censored. I agree that superposter needs make better judgment in his posts, but i think he needs to do that instead of mods doing it for him. deleting that thread he just made was unnecessary. I mean the little dude wasnt really trying to make wack threads at first but people like kinetic and dizzy turned every thread he made into a free for all clowning session. He showed his appreciation for madlib and it got turned into a spectacle which made him respond to a million attacks at him and all those satellite diss threads, which i thought was a little mean. Now he went and tried to make a music thread about something that I wasnt really even up on, and he got shut down. I even told dude to lurk for a while and soak up whats going on, but deleting his posts like that was not the goodest of looks.
    You're right, there was no reason why the thread in question ought to have been singled out. However, it wasn't singled out; several threads were deleted today. This thread was the only one people noticed. Several threads will probably be deleted tomorrow. And the next day. Some may be Dizzy's, some may be Elise's, some may be superpoaster (if he doesn't heed what are apparently several warnings to ease up). This board is being weighed down by spam and it's time to start enforcing some very basic standards and enforcing standards is what moderators are asked to do. If you have concerns, PM me.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i must once again say you are doing a fine moderating job danno

something a lot us had called for for a while

You're right, there was no reason why the thread in question ought to have been singled out. However, it wasn't singled out; several threads were deleted today. This thread was the only one people noticed. Several threads will probably be deleted tomorrow. And the next day. Some may be Dizzy's, some may be Elise's, some may be superpoaster (if he doesn't heed what are apparently several warnings to ease up). This board is being weighed down by spam and it's time to start enforcing some very basic standards and enforcing standards is what moderators are asked to do. If you have concerns, PM me.
    I didnt know you deleted other threads of the bs nature today so thats cool. I just thought you were singling out the little dude which i didnt like. But a good cleanup is in need for this place because it has fallen to shit lately. I do like the occasional nonsense thread because they do have potential to elevate into something pretty amusing, but lately these bullshit threads outweigh the music/collector/interesting threads, which was the main reason i even came to this forum. If i need to read some jive, I can goto teenybopper.com or allhiphop.com.

I didnt know you deleted other threads of the bs nature today so thats cool. I just thought you were singling out the little dude which i didnt like. But a good cleanup is in need for this place because it has fallen to shit lately. I do like the occasional nonsense thread because they do have potential to elevate into something pretty amusing, but lately these bullshit threads outweigh the music/collector/interesting threads, which was the main reason i even came to this forum. If i need to read some jive, I can goto teenybopper.com or allhiphop.com.

For the record, I'm all for foolishness, but not to the point where foolishness outweighs actual conversations.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    What the hell? I'm the only person that starts bullshit threads?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    And for fucks sake, apart from Superpoaster, my contributions are almost 100% record-related. Hopefully that in itself should attest to the importance of the SP event.

In all honesty I did stop laughing some time this afternoon, so I'm on my way to being over it all... soon.

Maybe next week.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    sigh... people are so full of themselves its fucking annoying. I think its time to take a vacation from soulstrut for a while.

I'm out.

p.s. - not talking about danno either, just saying.

• ALL OF U LOSE THIS GAME OF LIFE
    BAN BAN

• props to danno for editing the stupidity

trouser is ok, but there is a handful of folks in here that need permanent timeout