Sneaker Complaint Letters (Ballers not welcome)

unlasciviousunlascivious 220 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
so i purchased a pair of new balance classic 574s last summer and portions of the stitching completely fell apart shortly thereafter. it was a limited run, so the material used on those parts was non-standard. (makes sense - pay more $ for inferior quality). anyways, i can't maintain my baller facade wearing them and while it's easy to go out and buy a new pair, i kind of want my money's worth. can anyone give advice on how to deal with this? call vs write? if i write, do i send the shoes? is there a point?most companies looking to protect their brand would send a replacement, hence why it might be worth my time.

Comments

• where'd you buy them? aside from the pieces that are falling apart, do they appear to be in good shape? do you still have the receipt? I would find a cust. srvc. number for NB and call them first. If you still have the receipt, just take them back to where you bought them.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Email them w/ some photos and your complaints. They might hook u up w/ some new joints.
    Ive heard myths that Nike used to replenish your old jokers if you sent them to thier HQ.

How much were they? And post them so i cant tell u if its worth it?

• where'd you buy them? aside from the pieces that are falling apart, do they appear to be in good shape? do you still have the receipt? I would find a cust. srvc. number for NB and call them first. If you still have the receipt, just take them back to where you bought them.

i'd be hesitant to go back to where i bought them since there is no warranty with shoes and the shop basically did their service. i'm not sure if i have the receipt, but i could probably find the credit card charge. i'll give em a call first and see what response i get.

• i can take pics later, but basically the non-suede portions look like they're hemp and the stitching has ripped apart. so much for hemp being the strength material of the future. the shoes are fine otherwise.

-new balance
    -complaint
    -hemp
    -sneaker picture on ss

let the clowning begin!

• yeah the only reason I woudl say call first is that if you email, you may never get a response. if you call, you will at least find out what you need to do to get a refund or replacement. i think BATMON has the right idea though, show them pictures. When you pay more than $50 for a pair of kicks, they should last more than one season. Even if you wear them a lot.

• where'd you cop em at? if it's evident that it's a manufacture defect... most large shoe stores like foot locker and champs should take em back. i used to work at foot locker and this was standard procedure... well depending on how the manager is feeling at the time... things like this are at the mgr's discretion.

but i might try nb if i didnt have luck with the retailer

and yes nike will replace things if it's a manufacture defect... ive taken things to niketown that i didnt even buy there. ok so i never told them that but its all the same.

• just spoke to customer service and first thing they recommended was going back to the place of purchase if i had the receipt. if that yields no success, i was given an authorization number and an address to mail my shoes out to for quality inspection. if they deem them as defective, i'll get a similar model as a replacement.

definitely some quality customer service. i'm pretty confident i'll get a replacement.

• i would gladly accept these

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    just spoke to customer service and first thing they recommended was going back to the place of purchase if i had the receipt. if that yields no success, i was given an authorization number and an address to mail my shoes out to for quality inspection. if they deem them as defective, i'll get a similar model as a replacement.

definitely some quality customer service. i'm pretty confident i'll get a replacement.

You will get a replacement, but they won;t be the same limited edition joints you sent in, so be warned. All they will do is send you a pair of whatever the current 574's are, the same ones that are BOGO at Foot Lockers everywhere. To them it's the same shoe, the fact that you paid extra for a limited edition doesn't matter.

• If you can get a name and address (a supervisor or something) when you call - pick up the pen and paper and write a physical letter. I've found that physical letters generally get better and faster results much than phone or email complaints or comments.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i, and a bunch of other folks i know, had this problem with those crepe air max 1's. the toe area was made of hemp and rips aross the entire shoe if you wear them more than 20 times.
    gettin replacements for those wasnt happenin so good luck with new balance

• i wore some new balance in berlin, and got asked why i was wearing them, cuz thats what the nazis wear.
    meanwhile, adidas and puma are german, youd think some stupid nazis would take those on as the kick to represent, not some usa sneaker???!!!
    i know some heads at new balance, i would mos def call on some qc shit.

• i would gladly accept these

YES.

I've worn Newbies for years (both US, UK and Japan-made) and I have NEVER had a pair fall apart.

i know some heads at new balance, i would mos def call on some qc shit.

CAN I GET A HOOKUP?!?!

Herm