Dudes... LAYOFFS RULE!!! (NRR)

2»

Comments

• I know[/b] if I got laid off, I'd masterbate a lot more.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I think if I got laid off, I'd masterbate a lot more.

Is this what happens when you get married? Is beating off like a treat or something?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    My next job is working on Video Game OST's for Rockstar.

Young Bizzo makes beats? Dam, didn't know.

More on the project management and creative critic tip.

• My next job is working on Video Game OST's for Rockstar.

Please tell me you did not leave Burton.

Please tell me you did not leave Burton.

No, no. That would be my ideal next job

• Good, cause I don't play video games (not that I really board that much either recently...but I'm still hoping)

• I think if I got laid off, I'd masterbate a lot more.

Is this what happens when you get married? Is beating off like a treat or something?

I don't remember it being a chore when I was single....

I think if I got laid off, I'd masterbate a lot more.

Right. But isn't a core reason for getting married so you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome in your wrist anymore?

• I think if I got laid off, I'd masterbate a lot more.

Right. But isn't a core reason for getting married so you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome in your wrist anymore?

So you buy a steak, and give up hamburgers forever??? It's all (to varying degrees of course) good[/b]...

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I took particular delights in lay-offs. The company I worked for cut people in three waves (probably over the course of a year), and the third wave finally caught me. My office job was so boring that something as dramatic as lay-offs was a welcome change.

I was fortunate enough to get a Friday tip that I would be fired on Monday. I went into the office over the weekend, cleared out my desk and stocked up on office supplies (including a Tascam portable DAT recorder that I eventually ebayed for nice loot).

On Monday, I got the phone call to see the boss, signed the paper to get my severance, and then promptly vanished out the side door. Not having to go back and pack up my shit was my one small victory that day.

• I will be holding my ceremonial burning of one sacrificial suit later this evening.

You can sell that to Plato's Closet for some money, dough.

• this one's for all the real world move busters... DO THAT!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    ahhh, lay-offs, I remember them well. Where did you work, Paychex?

My first lay-off was from Disney, after months developing an internet radio product for GO.com, I put so much work and love into that thang, my group of four indie rockers (who were all in a band together) and I were called into a room and given two weeks severence, I cried like a bitch and stole enough CDs to give me credit at Amoeba for two years.

After four months at AOL Music I was laid off with the majority of the [email]Radio@AOL[/email] dept. I cried like a bitch but the $20,000 check eased the pain. Then I went to Italy. Then got a job and got laid off again, twice.

I guess the moral of this story is get a job in Special Education and you will never get laid off except for the wonderful temporary lay-off each summer

HA! Word I remember that! Jinx and J-Boogie worked in the same building.

• did they have cops? my sister's company, they have cops on layoff days i guess in case someone goes postal.

anyway, cong rats!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    did they have cops? my sister's company, they have cops on layoff days i guess in case someone goes postal.

anyway, cong rats!

I had security watching me pack up at Disney and AOL, I was like "Oh, THIS is my CD and THIS is my CD and THOSE are my CDs....."

• Options
    I've never been laid off from anything, but in 2000 me and four other union heads set a record for the longest suspension as a result of strike-related activities, 60 business days (12 weeks).

As soon as I got sent home, I went to my union office where they told me they'd pay me 800 a week for as long as I was suspended. Then they asked me if I wanted help finding a side job running phone wire in new buildings. I said no, I wanted to travel and booked a trip to Hawaii that night.

After I think 53 business days, I got called back to work. They reduced my suspension to 10 days and paid me back the 43 days (8.5 weeks) differential. And my union said I didn't have to pay them back the total of 8800 that they wound up paying me on the side.

I think the math works out to $15000 that I banked on that whole mess, and the best part of the whole thing is that I didn't do anything wrong to begin with. A manager made up a bullshit story against me, and they couldn't prove either side was right, so that's how it turned out.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    BRAD: I hope you had a hell of a piss, Arnold.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    FYI... folks... thanks for the wishes but wasting my time on video games or soulstrut or whatever is SOOOOOO not in the cards. Today was my day off. Tomorrow it's back to (chun-chun-chun) grinding.

Peep Ghost & Rae, "when I get this money, I ain't just trying to sit on it God... gotta move, gotta get outta New York, move on to bigger and better..."

THA REAL HEADZ KNOW THE DEALZ!!! announcements forthcoming and shit.

I've never been laid off from anything, but in 2000 me and four other union heads set a record for the longest suspension as a result of strike-related activities, 60 business days (12 weeks).

As soon as I got sent home, I went to my union office where they told me they'd pay me 800 a week for as long as I was suspended. Then they asked me if I wanted help finding a side job running phone wire in new buildings. I said no, I wanted to travel and booked a trip to Hawaii that night.

After I think 53 business days, I got called back to work. They reduced my suspension to 10 days and paid me back the 43 days (8.5 weeks) differential. And my union said I didn't have to pay them back the total of 8800 that they wound up paying me on the side.

I think the math works out to $15000 that I banked on that whole mess, and the best part of the whole thing is that I didn't do anything wrong to begin with. A manager made up a bullshit story against me, and they couldn't prove either side was right, so that's how it turned out.