Dude with Chainsaw enters US(musician death reltd)

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited June 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
By MICHAEL KUNZELMAN, Associated Press Writer Tue Jun 7, 7:05 PM ETBOSTON - On April 25, Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood. U.S. customs agents confiscated the weapons and fingerprinted Despres. Then they let him into the United States.ADVERTISEMENTThe following day, a gruesome scene was discovered in Despres' hometown of Minto, New Brunswick: The decapitated body of a 74-year-old country musician named Frederick Fulton was found on Fulton's kitchen floor. His head was in a pillowcase under a kitchen table. His common-law wife was discovered stabbed to death in a bedroom.Despres, 22, immediately became a suspect because of a history of violence between him and his neighbors, and he was arrested April 27 after police in Massachusetts saw him wandering down a highway in a sweat shirt with red and brown stains. He is now in jail in Massachusetts on murder charges, awaiting an extradition hearing next month.At a time when the United States is tightening its borders, how could a man toting what appeared to be a bloody chain saw be allowed into the country?Bill Anthony, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said the Canada-born Despres could not be detained because he is a naturalized U.S. citizen and was not wanted on any criminal charges on the day in question.Anthony said Despres was questioned for two hours before he was released. During that time, he said, customs agents employed "every conceivable method" to check for warrants or see if Despres had broken any laws in trying to re-enter the country."Nobody asked us to detain him," Anthony said. "Being bizarre is not a reason to keep somebody out of this country or lock them up. ... We are governed by laws and regulations, and he did not violate any regulations."Anthony conceded it "sounds stupid" that a man wielding what appeared to be a bloody chain saw could not be detained. But he added: "Our people don't have a crime lab up there. They can't look at a chain saw and decide if it's blood or rust or red paint."Sgt. Gary Cameron of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police would not comment on whether it was, in fact, blood on the chain saw.On the same day Despres crossed the border, he was due in a Canadian court to be sentenced on charges he assaulted and threatened to kill Fulton's son-in-law, Frederick Mowat, last August.Mowat told police Despres had been bothering his father-in-law for the past month. When Mowat confronted him, Despres allegedly pulled a knife, pointed it at Mowat's chest and said he was "going to get you all."Police believe the dispute between the neighbors boiled over in the early-morning hours of April 24, when Despres allegedly broke into Fulton's home and stabbed to death the musician and 70-year-old Veronica Decarie.Fulton's daughter found her father's body two days later. His car was later found in a gravel pit on a highway leading to the U.S. border. Despres hitchhiked to the border crossing.After the bodies were found on the afternoon of April 26, police set up roadblocks and sent out a bulletin that identified Despres as a "person of interest" in the slayings, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.The bulletin caught the eye of a Quincy police dispatcher because it gave the suspect's Massachusetts driver's license number, missing a character. The dispatcher plugged in numbers and letters until she found a last known address for Despres in Mattapoisett. She alerted police in that town, and an officer quickly spotted Despres.In state court the next day, Despres told a judge that he is affiliated withNASA and was on his way to a Marine Corps base in Kansas at the time of his arrest.After the case was transferred to federal court, Despres' attorney, Michael Andrews, questioned whether his client is mentally competent.Fulton's friends in Minto, a village of 2,700 people, told the New Brunswick Telegraph-Journal that he was a popular musician, a guitarist known as the "Chet Atkins of Minto" and a 2001 inductee in the Minto Country Music Wall of Fame.http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050607/ap_on_re_us/chain_saw_border_7damn

Comments

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Have you seen his picture?

• Post deleted by peacefulrotation

• boo yaa!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    danzig fan?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    ed grimley fan?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

boo yaa!

I can still see blood on dude's neck. Can you imagine being attacked by this man?

Holy fuck. I mean, holy FUCK.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    danzig fan?

Misfits = to blame.

• danzig fan?

ed grimley fan?

indeed

• danzig fan?

Misfits = to blame.

Imagine how that Northside Kingz Rule video clip must have enraged him...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I always wondered what went on in Maine...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Serioulsy, if I was to be murdered by any psycho I'd want it to be this guy. That's some Hun Brothers Natural Born Killer shit right there.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

boo yaa!

I can still see blood on dude's neck. Can you imagine being attacked by this man?

Nope, "cause my [heaters] ain't havin' that!!!". Shiiiiiit, it would have been a lil' different scene at my rest. My dog would've heard dude, barked uncontrollably, and he would've gotten B.I.G.'s "Warning" treatment, fo sho!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts

boo yaa!

great, this image is definitely what I wanted to see only minutes before turning out my light and getting in bed.

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    that's not cool, jb. i know i'm about to have a nightmare about this tonight. dag.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that's not cool, jb. i know i'm about to have a nightmare about this tonight. dag.

• that's not cool, jb. i know i'm about to have a nightmare about this tonight. dag.

Sorry Neta...I think you'll be fine where you're at...I mean, you have HAL 2000 working on your side.

hhmmm..maybe I'm making it worse.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    SWEET!!!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

boo yaa!

I wonder if the same person that did Kool Keith's Elvis hair did his hair.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

boo yaa!

great, this image is definitely what I wanted to see only minutes before turning out my light and getting in bed.

holy fuck is right! thats the scariest looking dude ive seen in a long time. I wouldnt let him in ANYWHERE!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    So Al queda are sending psycho canadians with chainsaws at us now eh? Devious.

• That's some solid Homeland Security right there... Iwonder if he'd been carrying a head in a hatbox if they'd have confiscated that as well...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Didn't Dee Rock just get held up at the Canadian border for 12 hrs, for no apparant reason? They didn't find guns or drugs on him(D.rock) but hommes(crazy ed grimley lookalike) is caught with a hatchet, sword and chainsaw (with blood on it) and they let his monkey ass back into the states. What they thought he was hunting or something? Fukkin' homeland security.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

boo yaa!

Isn't that the Gon's stylist?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    That's some solid Homeland Security right there... Iwonder if he'd been carrying a head in a hatbox if they'd have confiscated that as well...

"Look, people, he had papers on the head....there is no law against being a bizarre White guy and carrying a head around that he is authorized to carry, I might add, I mean we have to adhere to rules and regulations. We can't just detain people for no reason. Now, if he had been Black, sure, we would have reason to suspect him of drug traffiking. Arab, hell, straight to Camp X-Ray with his ass. Native North American, sure, we can hold them up at will, no one gives a rat's ass. But you have to understand...this was a White man in his 20s...we have no right to detain him."

• boo yaa!

"So make this demon offering
    Best demon offering
    Curious about the eye of death, oh

Gonna make it public
    Gonna make you pay
    Gonna rip your skull out
    Eye of death, I know

Devilock, you rip your heart, I have ???em
    Devilock, I rip your eyes out of hell

Hell is pumping something
    Into lots of people
    Curious about the eye of death, oh

Gonna make it public
    Gonna make you pay
    Gonna rip your skull out
    Eyes of death, I have them

Devilock, you rip your heart, I have ???em
    Devilock, I rip your heart out of hell

Oh

Devilock, I rip your heart out, I have ???em
    Devilock, I pluck your eyes out, I have ???em
    Devilock, I rip your heart out of hell

Go, go, go, go, go"

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Anthony said Despres was questioned for two hours before he was released. During that time, he said, customs agents employed "every conceivable method" to check for warrants or see if Despres had broken any laws in trying to re-enter the country.

boo yaa!

So, they question this dude -- who has BLOOD on him -- for 2 hours, and they questioned DeeRock for 12?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Anthony said Despres was questioned for two hours before he was released. During that time, he said, customs agents employed "every conceivable method" to check for warrants or see if Despres had broken any laws in trying to re-enter the country.

boo yaa!

So, they question this dude -- who has BLOOD on him -- for 2 hours, and they questioned DeeRock for 12?

[Bam attempts to stave off the inevitable Dude, a fourteen year old Bam just called using a transtemporal phone and he wants his hair back! jokes.]

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

these two could hook up and have some crazy bug eye babies. or are they really brother and sister that were seperated at birth.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    That's a Marilyn Manson jump-off if I've ever seen one.