youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
firing squad. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    firing squad. peace, stein. . .

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Firing squad for sure. More dignity.

I'd ask for a gun with blanks in it so I could act like I was fighting back too.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Hung jury.

• first family 4 life

• It's HANGED Losers

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Firing Squad please

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    The only states in America where you can legally be executed by firing squad are Utah and Idaho. Anyone can elect firing squad in Utah, but in Idaho, I think the lethal injection has to be found unconstitutional before they put a hood over your head and shoot you to death. Gary Gilmore's last words, before he inaugurated the modern death penalty era by waiving his appeals and choosing to face a firing squad in Utah in January 1977 were: "Let's do it." Phil Knight was a witness. No Nike.

I think the only state in America where you can legally be executed by hanging is Washington. There was something of an uproar about eight or ten years ago when a tremendously fat man (350+ I think) elected to be executed by hanging. As we all learned (or didn't learn) from the recent executions in Iraq, if you don't get the physics right with the length of the rope and the length of the drop, the person you're trying to kill can be beheaded. It used to happen fairly frequently in public hangings, and is one reason why the executioner's identity remained confidential. If you do get the physics right, hanging is an instantaneous death. If you don't get the physics right, it's either an agonizing strangulation (most lynchings were this way) or the feeling of your head being ripped from your body (makes for hell on the janitor).

No more death penalty.
    JRoot

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    ugly duckling in pro execution shocker

gotta be the firing squad really. i think drowning would be the worst. or gettin injected like jack bauer did to his brother the other week in 24, with all your nerve endings going off etc.

jack brings the pain