groups that converted to some unusual religion

2»

Comments

• Did Sky Saxon get involved with Yod's cult or just some other crazy schitt?

definitely was involved with them, and rsponsible for most of the family's post hang gliding material...and still to this day is on some other schitt. although he did get the seeds back together... pushin too hard!

exhaustive history here: http://www.lysergia.com/LamaWorkshop/lamaSkySaxon.htm

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Jaz-O was involved with the Nuwabians(he even moved to their compound in Georgia).
    The one in Stone Mountain?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "yo why can't I be as smooth as my man Dr. York?"

York is said to have had tight control over the sexuality of the members of his groups, though official doctrine could at times be fairly liberal (accepting of homosexuality, for instance[citation needed]). One source notes:

[W]hile extolling the virtues and importance of family life and the conjugal relationship, he denies such relationships to his followers except at strictly controlled intervals. He urges his female followers to pattern themselves on the Islamic paradigms of the wife and the mother, apparently desiring the creation of stable family units. But in reality the husbands and wives are segregated in dormitories, separated also from their children. York permits spouses to cohabit only once every three months. They are permitted to meet in the ???Green Room??? by prior appointment only.

York, dressed here as Chief Black Thunderbird Eagle, a Moorish Cherokee of the Yamassee tribe, addresses the child sexual abuse charge on a spoken-word CD
    York, dressed here as Chief Black Thunderbird Eagle, a Moorish Cherokee of the Yamassee tribe, addresses the child sexual abuse charge on a spoken-word CD

In 2002, York was arrested and charged with over a hundred counts of sexually molesting dozens of children, some as young as four years old. He pled guilty in 2003 in a plea bargain that was later dismissed by the judge, and then was convicted on 23 January 2004 ??? the judge having rejected his desire to be returned for trial to his own tribe: ???All I am asking is that the court recognize that I am an indigenous person. I am a Moorish Cherokee, and I cannot get a fair trial if I am being tried by settlers or Confederates.???

Man I had no idea about any of this shit. I always thought dude had some crazy ideas, but that's way out.

• Malachi York's son is also somehow involved in Big Cat records which put out Gucci Mane and Maceo albums. Let us not forget Wesley Snipes either, who helped build that damn compound and from what I understand decided not to pay taxes out of his belief that the Nuwabian compound was a sovereign state...

I had no idea that the York family was involved in Big Cat--that's really interesting.

I'm not sure about the Snipes affilliation, though. He definitely had his own weirdo compound practically next store to the Tama-Re compound, where he was planning to open a school for bodyguards ("The Royal Guard of Amen-Ra"), and the Nuwaubians always did whatever they could to promote a perception of affilliation with him, but he's consistently denied it.

this guy also had some dealings with the York family.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    there any scientology infested music?

i need me some booty-shorties-in-sailor-suits-ala-big-pimpin-yacht 'n' schitt.

Amanda Ambrose (Artifacts samples raer)
    Diana Hubbard (daughter of L. Ron)
    Chick Corea
    Stanley Clarke
    More, add on peoples!

add beck to that list

• Frank on Soulstrut converted to spreading the most amazing african music ours ears will hear!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Not a group but Leon Patillo.

????????

• there any scientology infested music?

The Incredible String Band got completely lost in it, circa '67-'74 or thereabouts.

Magma did too, i think they still are.

I read an interview with their manager that said they changed almost overnight from the most disorganised bunch of flakes into a well oiled machine that was calling him up to have meetings about tax & royalty payments every two days.

????????
    I don't know when but he got into Christianity heavy.
    He has a record on the Word (or Myrrh) label released in 1982 that's Xian.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    highly sought after by a certain kind of collector.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Did Sky Saxon get involved with Yod's cult or just some other crazy schitt?

definitely was involved with them, and rsponsible for most of the family's post hang gliding material...and still to this day is on some other schitt. although he did get the seeds back together... pushin too hard!

exhaustive history here: http://www.lysergia.com/LamaWorkshop/lamaSkySaxon.htm

I was surprised to learn, several years back, that Sky Saxon is my former co-worker's uncle. He was always telling me about his wacky uber-Mormon family, but then once happened to mention that he has an even wackier uncle who used to be in "some psych band from the 60s". Apparently, I was the first person he had ever met that had heard of The Seeds. Anyway, dude has stories for days. I wish I could have picked his brain more, but he was fired shortly after we talked about it. He left a great image with me, though, of Sky cruising his mom's funeral with a camcorder just a few years ago, zooming in and out on the corpse while providing the voice-over: "mom goes in, mom goes out, mom goes in, mom goes out, mom goes in..."

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

????????

Okay, then school me on what he did before, because I only know him as a Christian artist.

????????

Okay, then school me on what he did before, because I only know him as a Christian artist.
    Is This Is The Beginning Christian?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    sex sans orgasm[/b].

Doubt it was actually without orgasm. More likely that multi-orgasmic buddhist shit where you don't skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet.

Bud, it's called tantric sex. Delayed gratification, and the like.