TeaStrut v2 (Paraphernalia Related)

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
the tea stick got this as a bday gift. has changed my life. loose leaf has always been an inconvenience till now.what yall use? (no ayo tea bags allowed)

Comments

• nice
    im only familiar with the

your thread has inspired me to go make a cup

• I've used this for looseleaf for years, it has a built strainer, so loose has never been a problem---white tea, green tea, black tea---I don't put herbal in it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used to collect red clay teapots but ignorant houseguests and toddlers often broke them. So I bought an Iron Teapot with a mesh strainer, I figured,

"this is likely to break whatever it gets dropped on rather than being broken"

so far, that's been correct...

round 2, what tea are you drinking?

got some Loose Green organic Jasmine right now

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

round 2, what tea are you drinking?

got this blend of earl grey and vanilla from my local boho tea spot. pure

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

got this blend of earl grey and vanilla from my local boho tea spot. pure

this has got to be some of the most flagrant use of gremlins evarrrr.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

current faves: sencha and pure peppermint

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    damn, tea stick looks awesome, been using the ball strainer but gets old because there is no where safe to put until your next cup.

Been going to my local vietnamese grocery picking up some crazy and wild teas with roots and herbs I never heard of.

Ex- girlfriend got me this for Christmas, expensive stuff but good with a cocoa taste. Also has blue bottle flowers in it.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    damn, tea stick looks awesome, been using the ball strainer but gets old because there is no where safe to put until your next cup.

Been going to my local vietnamese grocery picking up some crazy and wild teas with roots and herbs I never heard of.

Ex- girlfriend got me this for Christmas, expensive stuff but good with a cocoa taste. Also has blue bottle flowers in it.

that is , . strait ,

im with though. the mint flavor is unfukwitable, but ive only seen it in ayo stylee.

• Just got this as a gift last weekend, haven't tried it yet but the tea "blooms" as it steeps. Looks lovely:

Usually I brew loose green tea in a ceramic teacup with strainer I picked up in Boston's Chinatown. Kinda like this but with my zodiac sign (snake) on it:

When at work I teabag it (AYO!) and go for a Bigelow. My favorite:

This is great when you're sick with a head cold:

• BTW, anyone ever tried smoked black tea?

Anyone ever smoke tea?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    + =

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Good for the body but not great tasting unless you add honey:

Better than the above tea, and great for a good cleansing of the body.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I have a cast-iron pot, single serving infuser mug, some other tea-pots too. The real breakthrough for me is that i recently started bagging my loose-leaf tea so I can brew tea while I'm out. I only drink bagged tea as a last resort in order to be social.

I have a ridiculous amount of tea in my pantry, but lately I've really been into Jade oolong, Kukicha, and White Peony. Some more oxidized oolongs too.

• I went to school with one of the dudes that created that gadget. Nice guy and a pretty good cello player. Back then (1988-1992), he and some friends had a little cottage industry on campus making...

[noharveycanal]...fannypacks.[/noharveycanal]

• I use these and I drink gunpowder green tea.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Just got this as a gift last weekend, haven't tried it yet but the tea "blooms" as it steeps. Looks lovely:

I got this for my parents recently and it definitely is not as vibrant as the photos, but stil pretty neat.
    It would be a great Valentine's Day gift imo. The glass tea pot is key.

Gunpowder is some strong ass tea.
    Sometimes when I over ratio my leaves I get that bitter cringe when I drink it.

Good stuff, and really a great laxative.

Gunpowder is some strong ass tea.
    Sometimes when I over ratio my leaves I get that bitter cringe when I drink it.

Good stuff, and really a great laxative.

Only leave the tea in the water for three minutes. Any longer and it will get bitter.

• does anyone here drink matcha as well? I found a place that sells it fairly affordably for a good quality,

I got the little bamboo whisk with the scoop and bowl, though I usually use a mug

I made some for a friend and they were all; "what's this, the cadillac of green teas?" ha

• This is great when you're sick with a head cold:

and mixed with this

that's been my saving grace all week. got water boiling right now. still coughing up white goo though.

when I'm healthy and going for flavor, this is real nice

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

This is great when you're sick with a head cold:

83% organic =