An Artist who needs to be talked about...

2»

Comments

• Definitely really Dilla influenced, no point even trying to portray him as crazily unique. BUT, he does make good music, and can do great things with a Microkorg, it doesn't have to change the game, it's just enjoyable music.

p.s to the guy earlier...i'll upload that beat cd tomorrow...

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I wasn't mad at this stuff but, "amazing"?

Have you guys been deprived of music for many years, and are just now getting your hearing back?

Im not gonna try and get on the defensive tip too much for my boy...

but you need one of these:

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Basically, I can't compare him to another artist entirely (except closest artist being Dilla, compliment) and it shows true individualism.

well, if you think that this is unique and amazing, what do you think about:

Forss, Dimlite, Carl Borg, Sa-RA, PPP, Dabrye, nobody...?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Basically, I can't compare him to another artist entirely (except closest artist being Dilla, compliment) and it shows true individualism.

Gotta agree, Flying Lotus is sort of in the same sound as those plus more. Not going to lie, I love that sound.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

pffffft.

Im just bringing up an artist whom I think is pretty damn good. Im not pullin names out to prove shit.

So, basically, Im not impressed with your name droppin knowledge.

Dabyre and Sa-ra yes are dope.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Gotta agree, Flying Lotus is sort of in the same sound as those plus more. Not going to lie, I love that sound.

i think this guy is dope:
    http://www.myspace.com/hudsonmo

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    true individualism

• i think this guy is dope:

Definitely, that first Heralds of Change 12" is great, one of my favourites of the year... and i only just got the new one but that's sounding real good too...
    He's another one i've got a beat cd from, i'll ask him if i can upload because it has some great stuff on it, a lot of it is kinda bugged out but there's some great beats....

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

IM feelin it...Im not so sure about all this remix shit tho. As a house DJ I am so tired of all these remixes.

I admit I played em, but I will never go back.

I dig his beats.

Definitely, that first Heralds of Change 12" is great, one of my favourites of the year... and i only just got the new one but that's sounding real good too...
    He's another one i've got a beat cd from, i'll ask him if i can upload because it has some great stuff on it, a lot of it is kinda bugged out but there's some great beats....

please ask! want to hear more

• i think this guy is dope:

I see he has a link to it on his myspace, rapidshare never works for me but let me know if the link is still active and if it isn't i'll ask him if i can re-up it...

I see he has a link to it on his myspace, rapidshare never works for me but let me know if the link is still active and if it isn't i'll ask him if i can re-up it...

still works!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    http://www.myspace.com/milesbonny

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Aahhh! Miles is cool too.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    true individualism

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

This guy deserves some shine...

Jneiro Jarel aka Dr Who Dat

check bahia blues
    definetly an inspiration for me

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

This guy deserves some shine...

Jneiro Jarel aka Dr Who Dat

check bahia blues
    definetly an inspiration for me

Awwww, yes but check this:

Didnt Jneiro just have a baby not too long ago?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Yes with his wife Sezy Indigo a great deep house dj and artist in her own right (check funky mammalude)

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Yes with his wife Sezy Indigo a great deep house dj and artist in her own right (check funky mammalude)

I have to be a girl now....sorry dooods...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

just adding on!
    All his albums have nice tracks and his remix and upcoming projects are nice

Check his shit out and support the man

Big Bounce Theory

Do Yo Thang

just adding on!

All his albums have nice tracks and his remix and upcoming projects are nice

Check his shit out and support the man

Big Bounce Theory

Do Yo Thang

• I use q-tips every day.

But this shit is not "amazing".

Maybe there is some crazy deep compositional brazilian madness I'm missing... all I heard was some fairly decent heavily-Dilla-influenced shit.
    Exactly. Another cat doing his best Dilla impression. *yawn*

• I remember when cats were doing their little Primo impressions, or Pete Rock tracks. The last 3-4 years, everyone wants to continue what Dilla was doing, not realizing there will never be another Dilla, and no matter how off beat you program your drums to try to emulate that swing, it's just an imitation.

• I remember when cats were doing their little Primo impressions, or Pete Rock tracks. The last 3-4 years, everyone wants to continue what Dilla was doing, not realizing there will never be another Dilla, and no matter how off beat you program your drums to try to emulate that swing, it's just an imitation.

ill go out on a limb or whatever and say that dilla's music is diverse and qualified enough to legitimately inspire different movements musically, i think, in more dimensions than the former producers mentioned.
    its really up to whoever is influenced to keep it interesting.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I agree with you Insulin.

You can't say that Lotus sounds exactly or is an imitation of Dilla. Sure he has an influence of him, but when has that ever been a bad thing. You ask every single artist in this world who their influences are and they will hand you a list.

Not only that, if you listen to 1983(Daedelus'edit), you will notice it doesn't sound like a Dilla track. I think it's dope and has awesome elements. I almost feel it could also be influenced by Squarepusher or Aphex in some parts.

Dilla was his own. Sure people felt him and were influenced, but is that really a problem??

Music would be nothing without influence and passion to let it continue.

• thanks. shit is dope. it ain't just a copy of dilla, there's definitely some glitchy/pre-fusey action on the Mia Doi Todd rmx. plus, isn't dood mad young still?