An Artist who needs to be talked about...

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
This dude is killing it with the tracks...he's sick!If you are ever in his area. I highly suggest you peep him. FLYING LOTUS [/b] His ish

Comments

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    cotdamn

this is amazing

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yo I was just about to make a post about him. I went and bought his album last week and despite the initial hatt I may have had, dude has definitley got a bright future ahead of him.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    cotdamn

this is amazing

I don't know what genre to really give him, and thats why I LOVE IT!

fukin beautiful.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Yo I was just about to make a post about him. I went and bought his album last week and despite the initial hatt I may have had, dude has definitley got a bright future ahead of him.

Haha, Day.

You having hate, pshaw.

I don't see it

• he's brazilian, no?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    he's brazilian, no?

No I dont believe so.

He is John and Alice Coltrane's nephew tho.

In the blood for sure.

I do know he lives in the west coast and has some (looks to be) great events...cant wait to get there!

• he's brazilian, no?

No I dont believe so.

He is John and Alice Coltrane's nephew tho.

In the blood for sure.

I do know he lives in the west coast and has some (looks to be) great events...cant wait to get there!
    my bad, he uses brazilian music samples and titles,
    someone told me about this recently, i mixed it all up in my head.
    Yah tis prie goo

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    nice stuff
    instant comparisons to madlib and dilla of course but maybe even more dub-by

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    I was very fortunate to be placed in the same RBMA session as Lotus this past september in melbourne. Lots of good memories with that dude. I like 1983 a lot but the newer shit he was coming up with in the hotel room was Hes a talented guy and a good friend.

He also has a bit of range. You should check out his track "tea leaf dancer" with another RBMA participant, Andreya Triana. great stuff.

he was telling me about the new album. some nice surprises on there! mums the word though.....

• Amazing stuff. Never heard of the guy, so thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    album is great

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    At first glance I thought this post was going to be about my man Ohmega.

I'll check this guy out though.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    yes I thought that too. he is kind of a cross between wildchild & ohmega now that look at that picture more.

• yeah... his 1983 album is dead good--- especially the first and last tracks, polar opposites but both are

anyone heard his Mia Doi Todd - "my room is white" remix released on a plug research EP??? that track is insane. He's had a few good mix spots on BTS radio aswell.

• Makes some great beats, for some reason i thought he was living here in the UK, sounds like i was wrong...
    I've never seen it for sale but i have a copy of something called Flying Lotus - Raw Cartoons - Influencias Urbanas which i could upload if people wanted, but only if it's not available for retail (it sounds like a beat cd to me...)

• yeah thats cats material is hot, i dont think they did the best job promoting him really.

hopefully he gets more recognition in 2007. he really has a nice smooth sound, varies it alot, i think this would appeal to alot of ears if they could just hear about it/him

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I like the tracks on the 1983 LP. Well done, but it??s not

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

In the blood zygote for sure.

• Makes some great beats, for some reason i thought he was living here in the UK, sounds like i was wrong...
    I've never seen it for sale but i have a copy of something called Flying Lotus - Raw Cartoons - Influencias Urbanas which i could upload if people wanted, but only if it's not available for retail (it sounds like a beat cd to me...)

upload that schitt please.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    is this like the sa-ra of 2007?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    He really is amazing, might as well give a little plug for BTS Radio.net

http://www.btsradio.net/

you can check Flying Lotus's BTS sets here and there are countless amounts of Meza's sets with unreleased Flying Lotus beats. Don't forget http://www.myspace.com/flyamsam !!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Yeah, he's doing a project with my man, who goes by samiam. Their stuff is pretty dope. Sam is in Michigan though. It's on some intranational musical exchange.

• I wasn't mad at this stuff but, "amazing"?

Have you guys been deprived of music for many years, and are just now getting your hearing back?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    is this like the sa-ra of 2007?

He is not a funny hat wearer of the sa-ra caliber.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I wasn't mad at this stuff but, "amazing"?

Have you guys been deprived of music for many years, and are just now getting your hearing back?

Im not gonna try and get on the defensive tip too much for my boy...

but you need one of these:

• I use q-tips every day.

But this shit is not "amazing".

Maybe there is some crazy deep compositional brazilian madness I'm missing... all I heard was some fairly decent heavily-Dilla-influenced shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I wasn't mad at this stuff but, "amazing"?

Because he said it was something less than "amazing"?

No offense, but didn't you just discover Gamble & Huff via a Soul Jazz comp.?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I feel you ,again, not trying to get all defensive or hate.

To each its own.

I think his art is not too preditable and has amazing elements that I think are being overseen. As well, the production style is something that I have been feeling for a minute.

Basically, I can't compare him to another artist entirely (except closest artist being Dilla, compliment) and it shows true individualism.

It's beautiful.

• I wasn't mad at this stuff but, "amazing"?

Because he said it was something less than "amazing"?

No offense, but didn't you just discover Gamble & Huff via a Soul Jazz comp.?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I really have no idea what discovering someone on a Soul Jazz comp has to do with any of this.

Maybe I missed something?

Im lost.