K Cobain’s LAST DAYS

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited June 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
trailer looks good, gus van sant is pretty good, but somehow, i'm not that interested. doesn't feel right...

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    eh.

on the other hand, i keep seeing commercials for that "shark boy and lava girl in 3-d" and im thinking to myself that would be such a great movie to see while really high on some sort of hallucinogen.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    trailer looks good, gus van sant is pretty good, but somehow, i'm not that interested. doesn't feel right...

thats shitty. I hope it doesnt try to make something heroic out of the slow self destruction of a heroin addict. I just lost another friend to that bullshit this week, and I really cant see any more need to further glamorize such a cowardly retreat from life.

• trailer looks good, gus van sant is pretty good, but somehow, i'm not that interested. doesn't feel right...

trailer

thats shitty. I hope it doesnt try to make something heroic out of the slow self destruction of a heroin addict. I just lost another friend to that bullshit this week, and I really cant see any more need to further glamorize such a cowardly retreat from life.

Amen.

(and i'm sorry to hear that- stay strong)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    there's so much about him out there already and i know folks can't get enough of a dead celebrity, but can't dude's last days be his own? for now anyway? i know it wasn't yesterday and van sant is not about abc mow material, but it feels like the body's not even warm yet...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    oh my god. that shits just wrong. it's way too soon.

is it gonna have a fauxvana soundtrack? that don't sound like kurt to me.

• is it gonna have a fauxvana soundtrack? that don't sound like kurt to me.

yeah I was wondering the same thing..spooky if it isnt.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    well i went into Elephant thinking it was gonna be some bullshit columbine examination and instead i was surprised at how much restraint Van Zandt was able to muster.. really enjoyed that flic.. and this one is suppossedly along the same lines.

it's about kurt but nirvana / cobain are never mentioned by name.. and none of his music is ever heard...

so who knows?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Heroin is great, it kills hippies!

Nirvana was one of the most overrated bands ever. Saw them life a couple of times, always because they played support for bands that I wanted to see like Sonic Youth or Mudhoney and they always bored me to death.

Nirvana was some worthless hippie shit!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

"Heroin is great, it kills hippies!

Nirvana was one of the most overrated bands ever. Saw them life a couple of times, always because they played support for bands that I wanted to see like Sonic Youth or Mudhoney and they always bored me to death.

Nirvana was some worthless hippie shit!"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

umm considering someone only a few posts earlier stated he lost a friend to this drug earlier this week I'd say your words are a wee bit fucked up.

Nirvana was one of the most overrated bands ever. Saw them life a couple of times...and they always bored me to death.

Nirvana was some worthless hippie shit!

I agree that they were overrated however Cobains voice had some serious emotion and pain to it and it made the lackluster playing from his bandmates sound much better than it actually was. I'm not really a fan of them but I can't deny how amazing a track "All Apologies" is.

In-Utero is a great album.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

umm considering someone only a few posts earlier stated he lost a friend to this drug earlier this week I'd say your words are a wee bit fucked up.

I know a whole bunch of people who pissed their life away with that stuff.

Anybody at this day and age who starts messing around with this shit knows exactly what he's dealing with, every child knows that heroin will take over your life and that a junkie can't be a friend to anyone. That's why I'm having a hard time feeling any pitty for anyone in a situation like this.

"whow, I would have never thought, not only does this white powdery substance make me feel real good, it also makes me sell my ass, steal from my friends, rob my mother's house and kill my grannie. Help, I think I'm addicted, society, please rush to the rescue!"

fuck that shit! a junkie is a goddamn junkie.

boring indie rock is boring indie rock and

useless art film wankers will always be useless art film wankers.

Elephant was such a goddamn waste of time...

I've always felt in favor of liberal gun laws but if they

ultimatively lead to movies like this, it can't be the right way!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I bought that 3 CD and 1 DVD thing they brought out recently with all the unreleased stuff on it. That was quite good.

Not sure the last days movie would be very good though.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

trailer

Aren't you the same dude who goes to great lengths to make sure everyone knows you're a drug dealer?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

trailer

Aren't you the same dude who goes to great lengths to make sure everyone knows you're a drug dealer?

thats a joke man. Please.

And a heroin dealer? Pretty low.

frank, heroin makes me angry too. But you sound like an asshole. Im not about to point fingers and say who's fault is what, but it sucks to know you couldnt do anything.

It would bother me less if the people I know on that shit WERE actually morons. But in this last instance, last I saw dude he was working in the MIT media lab. But he had a shitty life kinda, his mom had a brain anurysm that left her physically retarded and after health insurance stopped paying for treatment, it pretty much broke the family trying to help her out. His father pretty much became an alcoholic and he dropped out of high school. And he STILL managed to work his way into an ill scholarship at MIT. He was pretty much a computer genius, and a good person. And certainly in no way a hippie.

He was never into drugs. Wouldnt even smoke pot cause he saw how it made his dad all depressed and shit. I lost touch with him for about 6 months and another friend called me and said they read his name in the obituary. Accidental causes it said. I had hoped that mabye he had flown his mountain bike off a cliff or something in some kind of real accident. Then I found out he had been using. I made the logical conclusion.

People that get addicted to heroin usually have alot of pain they are trying to blot out. Before they even get a chance to look up the drug pretty much consumes them. I have pulled people half dead out of bathtubs and begged to no end trying to pry them off that bullshit, and Ive no love for it. Just because I hook my friends up with weed doesnt mean Im some low life on the corner with balloons in his mouth.

I also happen to like nirvanna, and believe that a movie about kurts confused last days of undignified desparation is a poor way to remember them. Sometimes I think the only reason he blew his head off is to avoid the embarrasing cliche of an overdose. Regardless of franks opinion though, dude was a legend. Imagine if the first movie about elvis was about the 48 hours where he was stuck naked on the toilet trying to take a shit and then accidentaly died?

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts
    a junkie is a goddamn junkie.
    boring indie rock is boring indie rock and
    useless art film wankers will always be useless art film wankers.

What will opinionated online assholes be?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    this movie is LOOSELY based on the last days of KC.

not that loose...the story is based on a Seattle rock star and other than the pouty mouth on the actor, he looks almost exactly like Cobain (stringy blond hair, women's clothing, eyeliner and all), runs around with a gun in the counrtyside and kim gordon and thurston moore are both involved in the film.

• "whow, I would have never thought, not only does this white powdery substance make me feel real good, it also makes me sell my ass, steal from my friends, rob my mother's house and kill my grannie. Help, I think I'm addicted, society, please rush to the rescue!"

uh... pardon me. i am trying not to chime in, but this shit is retarded. drug addiction is a ILLNESS you butthole. not some logical, off-the-cuff decision like eating a peanut butter sandwich. i thought this was like a known fact. jesus dude, are you like part of the flat earth society and shit?

• nothing personal ( and shit )... now back to lurker mode.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    everybody needs to chill out, smoke 20 joints, and listen to "Bleach" on cassette RIGHT NOW!

that's what i'm about to do.

everybody needs to chill out, smoke 20 joints, and listen to "Bleach" on cassette RIGHT NOW!

that's what i'm about to do.

ahhh... that pretty much sums up my 1992

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    one man's 1992 is another's 1991.

i remember going to turtle's the day "nevermind" came out desperately in search for a copy...i had to call around to every record store to find a place that stocked it.

in a matter of months the record was everywhere and everybody in my school had a copy...and the t-shirt!

i recently got a stereo that has a tape-deck and busted out my tape collection..."bleach" was one of the first i threw on...right after "loveless"...sounds fantastic. Nirvana were life-changing for so many people i don't see how you can just write them off...no matter how good sonic youth and mudhoney also were...i can't imagine seeing that tour, it must have been amazing.

i got to see nirvana later on a tour with the guy from the germs playing with them and they were fantastic...courtney love came out on stage and berated the audience for god knows what. awesome.

testify!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    there's so much about him out there already and i know folks can't get enough of a dead celebrity, but can't dude's last days be his own? for now anyway?

the only thing more i'd be interested in reading is anything about his stomach condition. i've this theory. me and several friends (3 of whom have killed themselves or overdosed) all suffer similar stomach agonies. i've noticed several mentions in other biographies and such. and i remember reading in an interview years before he killed himself that kurt used heroin to manage the stomach pain. i haven't read the journal that was recently published, nor do i intend to see this film, but if anyone is aware of any other mention on the subject, i'd like to know. i've managed to keep mine to a dull near-constant ache.

• and i remember reading in an interview years before he killed himself that kurt used heroin to manage the stomach pain. i haven't read the journal that was recently published, nor do i intend to see this film, but if anyone is aware of any other mention on the subject, i'd like to know. i've managed to keep mine to a dull near-constant ache.

I definitely remember hearing that was the case.

I have a couple friends who used to suffer horribly from stomach pains. Recently both were diagnosed with some varieties of food allergies (gluten-related for the most part) and adjustments in diet have been effective for them...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

I a couple friends who used to suffer horribly from stomach pains. Recently both were diagnosed with some varieties of food allergies (gluten-related for the most part) and adjustments in diet have been effective for them...

So far, the diagnoses amongst my group:

• wheat allergies
    • gluten allergies
    • chuck had his spleen removed (didn't help)
    • stress-related (w/ various medications prescribed)
    • acid reflux
    • too much beer
    • a gang of different diet recommendations (all w/ different remedies & side effects)

most of my friends just rely on weed. or pills. or suicide.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    didnt coltrane become addicted to heroin due to his fear of goin to the dentist for a chronic tooth ache???

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    there's so much about him out there already and i know folks can't get enough of a dead celebrity, but can't dude's last days be his own? for now anyway?

the only thing more i'd be interested in reading is anything about his stomach condition. i've this theory. me and several friends (3 of whom have killed themselves or overdosed) all suffer similar stomach agonies. i've noticed several mentions in other biographies and such. and i remember reading in an interview years before he killed himself that kurt used heroin to manage the stomach pain. i haven't read the journal that was recently published, nor do i intend to see this film, but if anyone is aware of any other mention on the subject, i'd like to know. i've managed to keep mine to a dull near-constant ache.

Yeah - I remember him mentioning frequently and openly that junk was the only thing that made his stomach ache subside

Sorry I don't have any links but I do remember a big Rolling Stone cover story late in his life (with pics of him a home, short hair era) where he discussed this

he had a stomach ulcer which basically meant the lining of his stomach (and all the nerves in the surrounding area) were being corroded by hydrochloric acid - which occurs naturally in digestive juices. heavy drinking, smoking, stress, certain blood types are some of the contributing factors. not pretty.