Anyone Watching the G******** ********* Auction?

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Ending price predictions? Does marcofunk have/want a copy?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    baller time.
    player's ball.

str8 balling.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ending price predictions? Does marcofunk have/want a copy?

I WANT A COPY.

But yeah, we'll see how high it goes. The last copy went for around $600?

The label that originally put out the LP just reissued it on CD on some shady tip (they refused to license it and basically bootlegged it themselves, cutting the group out of the $$$. WEAK SHIT).

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    if you're talking about the G******** B********, didn't you come up on yours for like $80 or so?

• G******** B********
    ????

Cat got your tounge?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    if you're talking about the George[/b] Benson[/b], didn't you come up on yours for like $80 or so?

• Nice, Thank you for helping the old newbie

Cryptic sometimes.

• Ol' marco is going to be disappointed when he finds out he accidentally bid up funky chicano man soul.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Nice, Thank you for helping the old newbie

Cryptic sometimes.

I was joking. I'm not even going to hazard a postulation.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Nice, Thank you for helping the old newbie

Cryptic sometimes.

I was joking. I'm not even going to hazard a postulation.

Uh yeah fools aren't bidding up George Benson dollar bin records on eBay last time I checked. Not that I have a clue what Rey & Odub are talking about...apparently I don't run in big dude eBay circles.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I've been thinking of balling on this one... ebay sales have been good and the paypal account is deep. Hmmm... we shall see

• if you're talking about the G******** B********, didn't you come up on yours for like $80 or so?

No, Rey paid market value.

• I've been thinking of balling on this one... ebay sales have been good and the paypal account is deep. Hmmm... we shall see

Have you heard it? You'd really drop that kind of cash on it?

I've been thinking of balling on this one... ebay sales have been good and the paypal account is deep. Hmmm... we shall see

Yes and maybe

• I've been thinking of balling on this one... ebay sales have been good and the paypal account is deep. Hmmm... we shall see

Would you drop that kind of cash on anything?

It's a really great album and the backstory only makes it more interesting. But first and foremost, it's a great album.

Jeez... all I said is that I'm contemplating it. I haven't placed a bid or anything. My Paypal account is in the 4 figures from sales for the first time so I thought I might buy a biggie with it. I only sell for funds to buy. It's not like I need that money to get by... I do more than just fine with that. And yes... I think it's a fucking great album.

Jeez... all I said is that I'm contemplating it. I haven't placed a bid or anything. My Paypal account is in the 4 figures from sales for the first time so I thought I might buy a biggie with it. I only sell for funds to buy. It's not like I need that money to get by... I do more than just fine with that. And yes... I think it's a fucking great album.

It's all relative. I think it's a great album. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for upwards $1000. Would I drop that kind of loot on it, even if I had it? I might have done $400 on it personally but past that, I'm not tripping that hard, especially since I know there should be a legitimate CD version of it coming out as some point (assuming the label and Benji Melendez can come to an arrangement).

I was having this "white whales" convo with a friend of mine recently and I've decided there's no LP I want bad enough to drop, say, a 1G on, even if that's actually a completely reasonable price for it. Of course, maybe I had baller resources, I'd change my tune, but I keep my pockets flat, not fat.

BTW, I'd try to cop that Har-You ahead of this. But only by a hair.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    gaddamnit! i passed on it about 4 months ago because a dealer wanted $150 for it, thinking that the market price maxed at a bill.

gaddamnit! i passed on it about 4 months ago because a dealer wanted $150 for it, thinking that the market price maxed at a bill.

Dude.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

What market? I didn't think this LP was in serious rotation with any frequency. It's not like a Fania piece.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Good God!

I can't believe you saw one for sale, never mind didn't buy it!

I'm pretty sure Rey got his for under $200 - in fact, I was thinking
    this could be had for around that, until the hype of the reissue built
    up and people started lining up to bid their life savings on it...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    What LP are you guys talking about? Am I out it?

• Ghetto Brothers.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Good God!

I thought I remembered him winning it for around $150--whatever his winning bid was, I remember being surprised that he didn't have to put up more.

Will Rey deign to discuss such vulgarities as the price he paid for his copy with us?

Good God!

I thought I remembered him winning it for around $150--whatever his winning bid was, I remember being surprised that he didn't have to put up more.

Will Rey deign to discuss such vulgarities as the price he paid for his copy with us?

Is this Rey's copy?

The fact that the seller described that clearly damaged sleeve as a "VG," might have had prospective bidders worried that his description of the vinyl was overly generous.

Good God!

Is this Rey's copy?

The fact that the seller described that clearly damaged sleeve as a "VG," might have had prospective bidders worried that his description of the vinyl was overly generous.

I saw that one too. Ended close to $300, not $150.

Good God!

Is this Rey's copy?

I saw that one too. Ended close to $300, not $150.

Wow, haven't bought anything from the UK in quite a while, and didn't realize how weak the dollar had gotten. 134 GBP would = almost twice as many dollars today. Was that the case this time last year when that auction closed?

• Yes, that was Rey's copy.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Good God!

Is this Rey's copy?

Yeah, that's my copy. ~$263. The vinyl grading was right on, the cover needs an upgrade ...