Anyone Watching the G******** ********* Auction?

13»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

= "talk me into putting up a G?"

it is now clear to me that i took this comment too seriously, and felt the need to offer some leeeengthy reasoning on why i want some records and not others. oh well.

to all ghetto bros ballers- best of luck. may the gods of snipe bestow upon you six seconds of heaven.

Yeah, I was actually joking... but lengthy reasoning is always welcome.

• = "talk me into putting up a G?"

it is now clear to me that i took this comment too seriously, and felt the need to offer some leeeengthy reasoning on why i want some records and not others. oh well.

to all ghetto bros ballers- best of luck. may the gods of snipe bestow upon you six seconds of heaven.

Yeah, I was actually joking... but lengthy reasoning is always welcome.

Its NEVER too late for a self-sonning.

yeah ive been watching this. i also watched reynaldo's copy too. ive only heard two tracks off this lp is it solid?

Personally, I think it's a really cool Latin soul album. But as you can see above, opinions vary. Is it the best Latin soul album ever made? Probably not but I just love the backstory behind these guys and the kind of sound they put together.

If you're going to insist on rating it as a Latin soul album, then it's a terrible record.

But it's not a Latin soul album.

Faux,
    How could you classify it? I guess it could also be called a Latin rock album but I get the sense you wouldn't be more favorable to that either.

All I know is that "I Saw A Tear" is

Sounds like more of a rock record to me.

I'm just saying, I don't think it's responsible to hype it up as Latin soul because, judged as Latin soul, its not very good.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Faux,

I hear what you're saying, though, by the same token, it's not a great rock album either.

For everyone else: it's a cross-genre album made by a bunch of amateur musicians who also used to run one of the biggest Puerto Rican gangs in the South Bronx. It's not super polished by any means but it has, to me, a really intriguing mix of sounds and styles and some genuinely good songs even though, as Faux suggests, no one would confuse this with "Acid" or "Abraxas."

Faux,

I hear what you're saying, though, by the same token, it's not a great rock album either.

So it's not good at all?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    With all due respect, I think this is another example of record dudes going wild because of the latin factor. I mean, it's enough for a record to have a spanish word in it's title or a "Los" as the first word of a band's name to make dudes go crazy.

Take out the word "fuerza" or the band latin look on the cover and nobody gives a shit.

With all due respect, I think this is another example of record dudes going wild because of the latin factor. I mean, it's enough for a record to have a spanish word in it's title or a "Los" as the first word of a band's name to make dudes go crazy.

Take out the word "fuerza" or the band latin look on the cover and nobody gives a shit.

Well, given that it's about to crack $1000, looks like something's got people going nuts.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I am guessing that you are wrong. I think people are going nuts because it is, and I quote; "percussive psych-tinged garage". Which explains why it sucks as a soul or Latin record.

Everything I know about this record I learned on ebay.

$1230.

Damn.

$1230.

Damn.

Damn it's 11:58 here and you posted that at 12:04. You are ahead of your time!

$1230.

Damn.

SOLD!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Nice. I'd consider selling my copy for that kind of money.

• Nice. I'd consider selling my copy for that kind of money.

you sound poor ?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm middle class, like marcofunk.

• I'm middle class, like marcofunk.

I could stand being middle class like that.