Nas 'Where Are they Now? (90's Remix)'

DWGDWG 334 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Damn... this shit is surprisingly good..."New Nas: 'Where Are They Now? (90's Remix)' featuring Positive K, Rob Base, Das EFX, Lords Of The Underground, Father MC, Monie Love, Redhead Kingpin, Dres, The Original Spinderella, EST and Mike G."Taken from Spinemagazine.com

Comments

• You're right. Thanks for the link, this is good.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• West Coast Remix!:

spinemagazine.com/music/february/nas/wherearetheynow_rmx3.mp3

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I want VIDEos!!!!!

Pebblee Poo!!!!!!

• this shit is great !!!!!!!!!!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This reminds me that my cousin borrowed my Redhead Kingpin cd and never gave it back.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Pebblee Poo!!!!!!

Great, isn't it? I got chills hearing Just Ice snarling away at the end of that shit, and the drop into Rockin' It with Tito had me grinning from ear to ear. The whole concept is such a cool idea. I dunno how the young'uns are going to react - if they react at all - but I think it's great fun. Anyone know if these mixes are coming out on vinyl? They'd be a clearance nightmare, so I suspect it'll be shady white-label action only.

Pebblee Poo!!!!!!

Great, isn't it? I got chills hearing Just Ice snarling away at the end of that shit, and the drop into Rockin' It with Tito had me grinning from ear to ear. The whole concept is such a cool idea. I dunno how the young'uns are going to react - if they react at all - but I think it's great fun. Anyone know if these mixes are coming out on vinyl? They'd be a clearance nightmare, so I suspect it'll be shady white-label action only.

I hope its on wax w/ all versions. Maxi-Single? Maybe. DefFlam better get it right.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    these are crazy.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The 90s one was decent but this 80s one is truly

Now they need to make a Where Are They Now album.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Just Ice fucking RIPS that shit! Holy fuck.

• I hope these end up on wax, even if it's a white label (preferably not shady).

If anyone see's one pop up anywhere, please to be sharing the knowledge. I imagine labcabin will have one at some point.

• Dope shit.

• "New Nas: 'Where Are They Now? (90's Remix)' featuring Positive K, Rob Base, Das EFX, Lords Of The Underground, Father MC, Monie Love, Redhead Kingpin, Dres, The Original Spinderella, EST and Mike G."

I know this is on some 30 + nostalgia shit- but it got me hook, line and sinker! POSITIVE K, JUNGLE BROS, DRES AND EST ON THE SAME TRACK!!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "New Nas: 'Where Are They Now? (90's Remix)' featuring Positive K, Rob Base, Das EFX, Lords Of The Underground, Father MC, Monie Love, Redhead Kingpin, Dres, The Original Spinderella, EST and Mike G."

I know this is on some 30 + nostalgia shit- but it got me hook, line and sinker! POSITIVE K, JUNGLE BROS, DRES AND EST ON THE SAME TRACK!!!!

True...though Pos K's contribution was a little over the top and then some.

EST and Mike G came riiiiiiiiiiiiiight though.

But neither this nor the '80s mix is fuckin' with the West Coast set. Saying.

Is the Southern remix too far away? Do they count? (Based on the subtle saltiness in the WC remix...maybe not).

• But neither this nor the '80s mix is fuckin' with the West Coast set. Saying.

As much as i am an east coast loyalist (purest)- I gotta agree. Maybe the west will finally come back - it's sounding kinda fresh right now. Reminds me of all in the same gang.

But neither this nor the '80s mix is fuckin' with the West Coast set. Saying.

As much as i am an east coast loyalist (purest)- I gotta agree. Maybe the west will finally come back - it's sounding kinda fresh right now. Reminds me of all in the same gang.

The WC mix was just tighter...the others felt a lil slapped together.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Is the Southern remix too far away?

Please be serious.

NAS = MAD AT THE SOUTH

He's not about to disinter the Convicts or Lejuan Love.

Please be serious.

NAS = MAD AT THE SOUTH

Odd Squad gets no love? No Bizzie Boys even?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please be serious.

NAS = MAD AT THE SOUTH

Odd Squad gets no love? No Bizzie Boys even?

Bizzie Boys are really a level of obscurity beyond the acts featured on the three existing mixes.

Nas is a known fan of Devin, though...

Still, though, I have a hard time believing that there are even half a dozen forgotten Southern pioneers that Nas is both aware of and approves of.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    the only "southern" act he mentions on the original is kris kross.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Sir Mixalot ripped that shit up!! so did dude from fu-schnickens! those 2 need to do an album together!

man.... its good to hear this shit....

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Now that I'm at home and can actually listen to this shit...

...this thread just made my damn day.

• ...and it doesn't stop there: Nas: 'Where Are They Now (West Coast RMX)' featuring Breeze, Kam, King Tee, Candyman, Threat, Ice-T, Sir Mix-A-Lot and the Conscious Daughters and DJ Daze[/b] on the cut.

• umm... any chance there might be a random rap remix soon? i'll be waiting by the phone just in case