Are You Like Me? (WIRE related)

SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Ya know ... haven't watched it but can't escape it on Soul Strut?Well, here, get yourself a little caught up anyway.Incredible show.

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    ya know, i been watching season 2 (aka "the season that sucked") and it's really pretty cotdamn good. Not gooder than seasons 1 or 4 (haven't peeped season 3 yet) but still frickin' good

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    ya know, i been watching season 2 (aka "the season that sucked") and it's really pretty cotdamn good. Not gooder than seasons 1 or 4 (haven't peeped season 3 yet) but still frickin' good

You are in for a treat Phil, cuz Season 3 is still the best IMO.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I have consistently sung the praises of Season 2. I think the main reason why people didn't like it was that it didn't deal with the drugs/streets like the other seasons did. Also people have complained about the pacing being too slow, but I tend to find it just like the other seasons. That being said, Season 3 =

I remember when I watched it when it came out saying, "Oh my god! I can't believe they did that! Nooooo!"

I got the entire season on DVD for X-Mas but haven't had the time to actually watch it yet. Next vacation it's going down.

• ya know, i been watching season 2 (aka "the season that sucked") and it's really pretty cotdamn good. Not gooder than seasons 1 or 4 (haven't peeped season 3 yet) but still frickin' good

kima bedroom scene makes it all worthwhile

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Phill, I don't know if you've gotten to the end of season 2 yet, so I won't spoil things, but when you get to the final episode you'll be thinking, "This is why I watch the Wire."

Phill, I don't know if you've gotten to the end of season 2 yet, so I won't spoil things, but when you get to the final episode you'll be thinking, "This is why I watch the Wire."

yeah, i got my wife hooked on this schitt... she just blew through season 1 & 2 and is now all netflikked up for season 3. i heard her in the other room watchin' the last episodes from season 2 talkin' bout
    " "
    Soon as football's done i'm prolly gon' be watchin' these batches nonstop until i've seen 'em all... right now the nfl network is still dominant in the television viewing portion of life

• i've seen 'em all... right now the nfl network is still dominant in the television viewing portion of life

For sure. You been digging those "America's Game" jawns? Can't get enough. 76 Raiders!!!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    kima bedroom scene makes it all worthwhile

That was a nice surprise!

My only main gripe with Season 2 is that it was pretty much ignored in Season 3, except for the last episode. I would have at least liked to have seen that cousin Sobatka kid or whatever, the not-stupid one. Maybe just a cameo appearance for continuance sake.

• I am waiting for season 2 to arrive from netflix. Just finished season one and it was really good.

• kima bedroom scene makes it all worthwhile

That was a nice surprise!

My only main gripe with Season 2 is that it was pretty much ignored in Season 3, except for the last episode. I would have at least liked to have seen that cousin Sobatka kid or whatever, the not-stupid one. Maybe just a cameo appearance for continuance sake.

Season 5 awaits...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'm in the middle of season 2 right now. I fucking love this show. This type of format allows for so much charcater development it crazy. McNulty is by far my favorite cop and Omar is the most devious and interesting criminal. "Indeed".

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I'm watching season 3 now. Just getting into disc 3. I think there's a lot of elements of this season that I find silly. I'm hoping shit hits the fan soon.

• What exactly do you find silly?

Not an adjective that comes to mind often for me.

• bunny steals the show in season 3...even at the end when he just leans in and says, 'get on with it, motherfucker...' man. hardasfuck.

loved season 3. probably my favorite, with 2 a close 2nd.

• I caught on the end of season 3, so I'm playing catchup. I watched Season 1 last night.

i've seen 'em all... right now the nfl network is still dominant in the television viewing portion of life

For sure. You been digging those "America's Game" jawns? Can't get enough. 76 Raiders!!!

YES!!! Man, for a hardcore nfl historian like myself this schitt is priceless. The '66 Packers show that was on last night was sooooo good. Max McGee talkin' about how he "f---ed a lot of broads from 8 to 11" to get in before curfew and then STILL sneakin' back out and partying all night before the super bowl before having a mvp-caliber game was . Bill Curry's story about how Willie Davis changed his life was one of the most moving sports stories I've ever heard.
    Sorry to get off of the topic, but I had to my Wire viewing mid-episode to watch that schitt last night. Great, great stuff (that 76 Raiders jawn was real nice too).