ICE CREAM WEIRDNESS

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
A mate took me to an ice cream place in Taiwan. It was called "Ice King 72", kinda like Baskin Robbins with 72 flavours.The flavours were ridiculous,shit like Beef, Pig Feet, Egg, Beer, Corn, Potato, Tomato, etc.I settled with Watermelon, which was good enuff, refreshing but too many seeds.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR. I'm a sucker for Haggen Dasz - Green Tea usually.CORN ICE CREAMTOMATO ICE CREAMMENU

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    http://www.slashfood.com/2006/08/06/bacon-ice-cream-is-an-udder-delight/

Going by the number of Google results, I'm guessing this a popular, odd variation on ice cream. I'm getting queasy just thinking about it.

• I wonder if they can hook me up with some pork rinds and hot sauce ice cream?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Most anything chocolate and peanut butter-related gets me open like 7-11.

self-AYO

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Amy's Ice Cream, a local shop here in Austin, make some with beer sometimes (Guiness, Shiner Bock, and Celis Raspberry). They also do other alcoholic varieties like Kahlua, Chocolate Grand Marnier, and Irish Coffee to name a few. Chocolate Peanut Butter is one of my favorites though.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I wonder if they can hook me up with some pork rinds and hot sauce ice cream?

1 tub of french vanilla + 1/3 cup reg Tabasco = so delicious

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    man, one thing i miss living in the mid-west as opposed to seattle is that ben and jerry released "test" flavors on the coasts so there were 3-5 new flavors (limited edition) every year. my all time favorite is peanut butter and jelly! vanilla ice cream with peanubutter and jelly preserve swirl. oh shit! luckily, that is easy enough to make on my own, but that shit was NICE!

• Chocolate Grand Marnier, and Irish Coffee to name a few. Chocolate Peanut Butter is one of my favorites though.

I recently had chocolate covered - peanut butter filled pretzels, they were called "gems" actually, anyway this girl told me they have that in ice cream form.

My friends used to always make Guinness floats too, it's not bad but I never really got into it.

---- also, location

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I will attempt a frozen version of bananas foster in the ole ice cream maker tomorrow or the next day...

• peanut butter and chocolate by turkey hill reminds me of grandma's and a serious guilty pleasure.

i love makin' the stuff...vanilla/herbals are all that. basil in the summer is always a hit.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    things i miss from the city

never tried their rosewater flavor, but saffron or pistachio is great

working for years down the street from York Castle Ice Cream on Georgia Ave,
    JA faves like grapenuts or stout plus all the flavors of tropical fruits

not for everyone, but durian ice cream kicks soursaps ass

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    And it was proven not to be satiate.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite. Rocky Road is up there with it.

I wish Ben & Jerry's would come back with Rainforest Crunch, that shit was deadly.

I didn't get a chance to try their Sweet Potato Pie flavor.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I will attempt a frozen version of bananas foster in the ole ice cream maker tomorrow or the next day...

finished product = banana rum ice cream with chocolate streusel chunks

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    British superchef Heston Blumenthal is famous for his bacon and egg ice cream which he cools using liquid nitrogen to get the perfect consistency. It is actually pretty tasty. He also does a sardine on toast sorbet and snail porridge.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Been with Ben & Jerry's since back in Vermont when they were selling their Ice Cream out of a shack downtown. My dad hooked them up with their first chance to sell at a performing arts event.

There's a great Ice Cream place called Marianne's near downtown Santa Cruz. Local hangout spot for everyone who isn't old and disgruntled.

• things i miss from the city

working for years down the street from York Castle Ice Cream on Georgia Ave,
    JA faves like grapenuts or stout plus all the flavors of tropical fruits

not for everyone, but durian ice cream kicks soursaps ass

Man, I was just about to post about York Castle...a DC area treasure...

their ginger ice cream is