ATTN Weed smokers that go to the gym

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
how do you folks do it?I've gotten to the point where I hit the gym and treat myself to a bongload and record the day after.how do y'all balance it out?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    CHAMBER IN THE SAUNA

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    CHAMBER IN THE SAUNA

don't think I haven't thought about it.

but the thought of passing a bong aronud a bunch of sweat-dripping nude men does not put me in the right mindstate
    (hi P*t)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I get too stoned and forget to go to the gym

• ahhnald said in that famous bodybuilding movie that weed assists in muscle growth. if he's right, it would make sense to smoke after working out.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I get too stoned and forget to go to the gym

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ahhnald said in that famous bodybuilding movie that weed assists in muscle growth. if he's right, it would make sense to smoke after working out.

whats the science behind this?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    ahhnald said in that famous bodybuilding movie that weed assists in muscle growth. if he's right, it would make sense to smoke after working out.

Who cares? I'm happy to believe it.

Hi Guzzo!

• I heard once that thc stores in the fat, so when you burn fat, it comes out and gets you high. I don't know but with 20 years of constant weed smoking I must have a good reserve.

I usually go to the gym around 10 am whith a small snack in my belly. Work out hard till I feel fucked up, then go to work or go home and smoke.

If I don't go to the gym that day, I take a run. Maybe 20 min half hour. When I run I like to take a few puffs before I go. Throw on the ear phones and zone out to some good jams.

I rarely go to the gym high, though.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Who cares? I'm happy to believe it.

Hi Guzzo!

Hi D*n,

I still got 2 records for you hanging out at my folks house.

I won't stop unti we gt a new president

when is Tu b'shvat?

• yo, i think there is a distinct differenc ebetween being high and being all stoned out.

i dont really stone out anymore. i smoke regularly, but very little when i do. this regimen seems to get me pepped up rather than lethargic. i'll start doing push ups, sit ups in the house, go on a looooong bike ride, do many laps at memorial hall's pool (phillys sfinest outdoor public pool) or run ball tirelessly. when im high playin ball, i feel like i span the whole court. rangy as fuck. keen sharp hunter awareness. for real, no one is safe.

supposedly it was banned from olympic events because it allowed athletes to take in more oxygen into their blood stream?!?! something like that.

so, im a big proponent of a puff before exercise.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    when im high playin ball, i feel like i span the whole court. rangy as fuck. keen sharp hunter awareness. for real, no one is safe.

That one made me raff. So true though, my help defense is crazy good when I play high.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I used to love smoking before I went skating, but now weed just makes me jittery and paranoid.

I imagine that's the last thing you need in a gym!

On another note, does anyone else find it hard to run with headphones on? I've tried, but I can't run and breathe at a different tempo to the music I'm listening to, and I can't seem to find the right style of music for my sluggish running style.

• honestly, i completely stopped using headphones. kind of strange in the age of ipod. no desire to go there.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

so, im a big proponent of a puff before exercise.

As long as it's a little puff! Too much and I can't keep it together. I find that pot amplifies emotions and when I'm trying to keep emotionally focused I don't need THC messing with me. A lot of climbers are serious stoners, but there few things I like less than being stoned and petrified while in some precarious situation on a cliff.

• honestly, i completely stopped using headphones. kind of strange in the age of ipod. no desire to go there.

i'm not a weed smoker, but i am gym/cycling dude, and i gotta say headphones are a no go for me. i'd rather zone out to the rhythm of my breathing, etc...and go far, far away. Headphones make me focus too much on the music and how long I've been at something.

• another element to add to this thread: gynecomastia.

It's wack. I don't have it too bad, but there's definitely a lump under my left titty. I've been told that it's very common with bodybuilders and with weedsmokers. I'm not the biggest stoner, and I don't work out that much, but I can sometimes feel it after my excercise routine. I've seen a doc who told me it's nothing to worry about and with a case as minimal as mine, surgery would be a waste. Anyone know anything about this? Anyone stopped smoking and had it go away?

• yes, i had a lump too. nothing too bad, wasn't even visible, but I could definitely feel it if I ran my hand across my chest.

...it's really harmless, but it did go away after i stopped smoking habitually. Now I smoke maybe like once a month, and it's pretty much gone.

• nice, glad to hear it. not sure if I'm ready to cut back my habit yet though... thanks.

i'm not a weed smoker, but i am gym/cycling dude, and i gotta say headphones are a no go for me. i'd rather zone out to the rhythm of my breathing, etc...and go far, far away. Headphones make me focus too much on the music and how long I've been at something.

I find listening to music puts me in that zone.