Who's on Oink?

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
and where is my hookup?Whats a girl gotta do to get some love in the piece?http://oink.me.uk/index.php hahahahahahahaha, kidding.

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I was a member. It was cool, but soulseek & demonoid are better.

• ditto, hook me up and i wuv you wong time. AYO.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

hook me up.

i like soul seek, but curiosity is KILLing me.

Its jus mean.

again....

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

Eh, they each have their strengths and weaknesses. Oink has the advantage on the lossless/V0 tip, and there's been stuff I could find on soulseek+demonoid that I'd have to wait around on a request for in oink and vice versa.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

care to elaborate?

I use soulseek on the reg, haven't tried demonoid.
    Found soulseek to be good sometimes, terrible + inconsistent other times. Oink has its perks, but its biggest plus [to me] is reliability. And bitrate.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    kidgusto, elise, PM me e-mail addresses for invites.

Also, the usual "try and keep whatever computer you're sharing on 24/7 and if you're using a wireless router, make sure ports are forwarded" blah blah blah.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

hook me up.

Its jus mean.

again....

I let my membership go cause Oink was a complicated snoozefest. There's nothing there that I found to be that raer or that I couldn't get somewhere else easier.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I have two invites left, if anyone is interested.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

hook me up.

Its jus mean.

again....

I let my membership go cause Oink was a complicated snoozefest. There's nothing there that I found to be that raer or that I couldn't get somewhere else easier.

word. Thanks for the honest input.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Oink is alright. It was much better back in the day IMO. Tho, their no ratio downloads over the holidays was fire!

There are so many wicked music blogs out there nowadayz that oink isn't really needed.

And a couple of private boards out there that absolutely kill it.

Side thought. Oink over the last while have become a bit of a biatch. Their whole "cute avatar only" deal is pure crap. And they are starting to become nazi's with their rules.

Anywayz... Whatever

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

HAHAHAHAHA!

thats funny.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Oink is alright. It was much better back in the day IMO. Tho, their no ratio downloads over the holidays was fire!

There are so many wicked music blogs out there nowadayz that oink isn't really needed.

Side thought. Oink over the last while have become a bit of a biatch. Their whole "cute avatar only" deal is pure crap. And they are starting to become nazi's with their rules.

Anywayz... Whatever

, more resources the better.

yeah I could agree with you, but the mystery was getting to me.

they "cute" shit is pretty lame, i agree.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    "If you choose to use one, a cute avatar is a must (preferably a stuffed animal, pet, cartoon character, etc.). If you can't find one, ask in the forums.
    Examples of things which are not acceptable: your favourite band, attractive women, band/sporting/product logos, pictures of you and/or your partner.
    It's far better to not have an avatar than one that breaks this rule.[/b]"

WTF?

pffft.

NAGL

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    I like oink, cause its a community. you can definately tell who has some real joints, and then msg them and get some trading going on. I did that for a while.

Its gotten a bit tougher to trade 45s, cause they require a different torrent for each record now, rather than funk 45 "packs" that I used to do.

at any rate, i have about 10 invites, if you promise to upload lotz'of'raers.

-pj

• lamaslamas 39 Posts
    if anyone else wants an invite just PM me with your email address

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

Anywayz... Whatever

I agree that a lot of sendspace-fueled music blog and message board sites make oink less vital for new (edit: and certain genre/scene-specific) releases, it's just nice knowing that any high-profile leak that's on there isn't a transcode.

It's just a matter of conveinence for me. Like, when I download software there, I know I don't have to scour 20 different public torrents for a working crack or something like that. If I see something new came out that's featured on sandboxautomatic/dustygroove/pitchforkmedia/etc., Oink will have it 9 times outta 10, and probably in V0 or APS. And then, it'll surprise me by having some stuff like mid 90s b-club and early 80s hiphop 12" rips, etc.

But yeah, the Oink admins are nazis and their music message board is a wasteland.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

care to let a heatspot loose?

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    cosign

&

I think I still have a batch of invites for oink..for those that still care

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    whatever happend to buying records?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

not much in my world. Still buying.

I think it is nice tho to find some shit so that while Im cooking i dont have to run back and stop/flip the record.

not hating on the vinyl.

loving on the beets.

I think it is nice tho to find some shit so that while Im cooking i dont have to run back and stop/flip the record.

I like

when are you cooking at my place?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I like

say...6?

• I've got 10 invites. Anyone wants one, send a PM w/ your e-mail.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

not hating on the vinyl.

loving on the beets.

broiling beets. so good on salad.

I like

say...6?

great. I flip the records you flip the steak

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

not hating on the vinyl.

loving on the beets.

broiling beets. so good on salad.

mmmmhmmmmmmm

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    this oink sh*t is complicated.

totalitarian file sharing makes me scurrrrrrd.

• Don't let them scare you. It's not that hard to keep up with the rules. AND, don't use an avatar if you don't want a cute one. I've never heard of anyone getting kicked off for not having a cute avatar. They seem like Nazis at the beginning, but don't worry...

I've got invites also if anyone is interested. PM your email addy.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Don't let them scare you. It's not that hard to keep up with the rules. AND, don't use an avatar if you don't want a cute one. I've never heard of anyone getting kicked off for not having a cute avatar. They seem like Nazis at the beginning, but don't worry...

I've got invites also if anyone is interested. PM your email addy.

word

your av. is cute! hahahahahaha