SITTING AROUND RECORDING RECORDS DISAPPRECIATION

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
YUCK!I'm sitting here like a stooge forcing myself to rip records. This is probally one of the few about Microwave.Anyone else hate this..ahh whoe cares...

Comments

• I don't even have microwave yet I'm doing it too.

Just ripped this. Play it at the club and either watch everyone go nuts or watch yourself get fired.

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/audio/SadisticMikaBand_SukiSukiSuki.mp3

• when i first got microwave, i was kind of psyched about this process... i mean, listening to all the records you like all night, what could be better right?... about 2 hours into it, when i realized i was going to have to actually listen to like ying yang twins acapellas and shit like that, it really lost its luster

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Makes you realize how many records you have that might be good in context but by themselves are just turds.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

ripping records sucks, and everytime i do it i have this strange grimey feeling, like im stealing the soul outta the wax.

awesome. did you figure out that imic joint?

• I bought the new iKey portable recorder tonight. I was ripping songs for like 2 hours when I finally unplugged my hard drive and went to check it on the computer, but nothing was there. Now that I'm doing it correctly with my ipod, I figured out three blinks after you hit record means "can't read drive" and one blink means "recording"

Serious disappreciation going on. I should have read the manual.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

ripping records sucks, and everytime i do it i have this strange grimey feeling, like im stealing the soul outta the wax.

• when i first got microwave, i was kind of psyched about this process... i mean, listening to all the records you like all night, what could be better right?... about 2 hours into it, when i realized i was going to have to actually listen to like ying yang twins acapellas and shit like that, it really lost its luster

yup!

im sitting here listening to "treat 'em right" by chubbs

i've also ripped

real love" by mary (both version)
    second II none "be true to yoruse
    quik "tonit"
    pharcyde "runnin" with instrumental

yup!

im sitting here listening to "treat 'em right" by chubbs

i've also ripped

real love" by mary (both version)
    second II none "be true to yoruse
    quik "tonit"
    pharcyde "runnin" with instrumental

heh heh

• don't forget "ditty"

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    for this very reason, i hope your backing up shit.

• I just captured the soul of soul4real's "Candy Rain" ....

• for this very reason, i hope your backing up shit.

yes! a beer back is working nicely right about now...

(essential ripping accessory)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LOL @ soul sucking.

I've been ripping shit tonight, too,
    but just for the eye-peezie, no Microwave.

It has it's benefits:

Meditation Singers - Good Old Gospel Music - Jewel 1971 @320

let that baby rane down some righteousness upon the dance floor.

• save yourself some time

1) make a post begging for an oink invite
    2) see if it's on oink, they got high quality standards so everything on there is microwaveable

• huh?

the burning continues:

"dre day"
    "deep cover"
    "Sprinkle Me"

• man i'm like 2 minutes away from saying "fuck it" and bring a crate of records

• LOL @ soul sucking.

I've been ripping shit tonight, too,
    but just for the eye-peezie, no Microwave.

It has it's benefits:

Meditation Singers - Good Old Gospel Music - Jewel 1971 @320

let that baby rane down some righteousness upon the dance floor.

yeaaahhh, damn! This on that Jewel joint that got a bunch of diff presses yes? I woulda never thought to rip this, but it is a banger for sure. I'll play it at the Elbo Room next time round, thank you!

Here's a ditty:

Leon Haywood- I'm Gonna Wait (ripped from the og fantasy acetate)

http://download.yousendit.com/0B05C8641CA85949

• i was talking about a private bit torrent site that has more stuff that any other music site and all mp3s are in at least 192. if what your ripping isnt super rare it's probably on there. they got 7 shel silversteen albums if that gives an idea of the depth.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• man i'm like 2 minutes away from saying "fuck it" and bring a crate of records

naw, you will be glad when you have these later...it has to be done! Seriously though, I have many of the joints you mentioned already on the dild.---you should roll through and cop some stuff this week.

• they got 7 shel silversteen albums if that gives an idea of the depth.

The joint rolling contest is a favorite..."see the blur of flyin fingers..."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This on that Jewel joint that got a bunch of diff presses yes?

Yeah - CraigMoerer of all people came through with an
    unplayed copy for 20 bucks - and it's a nice OG deep
    groove, which was an added surprise. Anyone know of any
    other Gospel from the time produced by Andre Williams?

Leon Haywood- I'm Gonna Wait (ripped from the og fantasy acetate)

http://download.yousendit.com/0B05C8641CA85949

for sure. Minor-key madness.
    I'm after his Mellow Mellow LP on Galaxy.

• yeah!

while on the fantasy studios acetate tip, here's another joint I ripped before I sadly let it go:

clay hammond- gonna be some changes

http://download.yousendit.com/3B9FDABB4CC5709B

:real schitt:

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    man I stayed at the crib ripping records for months when I first copped Microwave, but you can listen to the other turntable at the same time, setting cue points and the like. And it is worth it once you get that arsenal built up. Ripping 45s is the most rewarding 'cause then you got doubles of the 12" and you aren't skating the fuck out of the record every time you cue it up. Hi Pat! Hi Josh!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    yeah!

while on the fantasy studios acetate tip, here's another joint I ripped before I sadly let it go:

clay hammond- gonna be some changes

http://download.yousendit.com/3B9FDABB4CC5709B

:real schitt:

Fire.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    you should roll through and cop some stuff this week.

man yall gotta get on that trade shit it will save you a lot of time. like months. i ripped most of my records to WAVs 4 years ago when i was briefly fucking with CDJs and when dudes got Microwave my collection got raped. everybody has everything now...

• save yourself some time

1) make a post begging for an oink invite
    2) see if it's on oink, they got high quality standards so everything on there is microwaveable

I've been going to the county library and have gotten some pretty decent stuff on cd. Or, find a friend with large cd collection. Rip to AIFF and that's a little less recording you gotta do.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    you should roll through and cop some stuff this week.

man yall gotta get on that trade shit it will save you a lot of time. like months. i ripped most of my records to WAVs 4 years ago when i was briefly fucking with CDJs and when dudes got Microwave my collection got raped. everybody has everything now...

so true. I got microwave and started to set aside what I wanted to digitize. It was fun going through everything but there was a moment in which I looked at the 13 crates worth of records I had already culled, then I looked at all the rest of the records I had yet to go through. this led to the realization that I would be ripping records forever. I never even started. I seek out trades for mp3's like urrs suggests. so much easier on your time and your peace of mind. I have been searching for an oink invite too but to no avail.

oh, and what do you do when you want to invest in better sound quality and get a really nice cart or a great a/d converter. rerecord your records again? live with some of your files sounding far superior then others? on a big system you can tell. (im kind of anal about stuff like that)

this part of the equation blows (getting your songs digital). it would be nice to have a product that does this for us, with great fidelity and perfect levels.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the worst are 12inches cause you gotta liten to the same song up to eight times somtimes.

but oink is nice. (sorry, i have no invites.)

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    This on that Jewel joint that got a bunch of diff presses yes?

Yeah - CraigMoerer of all people came through with an
    unplayed copy for 20 bucks - and it's a nice OG deep
    groove, which was an added surprise. Anyone know of any
    other Gospel from the time produced by Andre Williams?

The whole Change Is Gonna Come album is great. That's My Child is the killer cut from the LP, IMO.