SITTING AROUND RECORDING RECORDS DISAPPRECIATION

2»

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    read a book while you do it, dude. it helps.

• i hate recording vinyl too...i do it when i'm selling a really good, really valuable record so i have the music. but very rarely do i ever go back and listen to the digital file again. it just sits there on the harddrive taking up space.

and now i have this guy hassling me to record records i'm selling on ebay so i can burn cds for him and he's offering me $7.50 a cd to do this! wow, that's really worth all the work that would take.

• I just captured the soul of soul4real's "Candy Rain" ....

You just captured my wife's soul! Ha...she's been playing that one out a lot lately (and it works).

And don't tell the Blue Bunny to stop ripping--he has to have some trades to offer us, dude.

A tip for all you dudes ripping for Microwave porpoises: record the entire side of a 12"--vocal, instrumental, acapella--as one file, then set cue points where each track starts. I do that and name the file "Mobb Deep - Shook Ones (VOC_INST_ACA)" so that I can play it more like a real 12". It's also helpful when I wanna search for an instrumental or acapella quickly (just search for ACA or INST).

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    read a book while you do it, dude. it helps.

You could also study for your second bar exam pretty effectively with this shit happening in the background. It doesn't make the process of recording LPs to digital any more fun, but it does help the time go by.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I just captured the soul of soul4real's "Candy Rain" ....

You just captured my wife's soul! Ha...she's been playing that one out a lot lately (and it works).

I love this song.

[color:white]And not just because of the punani it keeps getting me.[/color]

Herm