Hot topics no one talks about or remembers anymore

2»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Invaders "spacing out" price checks

We had one like three days ago.

In fact, we're scheduled for another in 45 days ...
    originating from either Finland or Northern Ontario,
    it's not clear yet.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I bought a record because DJ Shadow sampled it the other day.

:5pager:

• B-Men

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    - acid-jazz
    - Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
    - prime-time game shows in general
    - the late-'90s swing revival (let's be honest, we could TELL that wasn't gonna be permanent, although there still are some leftover "swingers" gigging in Chicago)
    - Jen Trynin, Meredith Brooks and all them other third-tier pseudo-Alanis Morrisettes (at least Trynin has the sense of humor to write a book about it)
    - whoever that piano-playing singer gal was on Ally McBeal (I forget her name, she had a little vogue going there for a while)

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ok
    threadkilla here

iran is going to have slayer approved trade show flossed holy raytheon/northrup grumann/lockheed martin mechanized death burning electric funeral hell including new death ray lasers used upon them
    tax dollas$$$$@ work
    20,000 troops
    2 aircraft carriers
    its on
    dick's bush humpin cuntysleezo rice is gonna
    use the cluster bomb and depleted uranium shells and mini nukes too in urban enviornments like terhan is the next falluah?
    prehaps israel will be attacked in retaliation
    its the elephant in the room no one is talking about
    just like the rand corp found marijuana to be the biggest cash crop in the US

reflex in the sky..........

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

-Chandra Levy
    -Monica Lewinsky
    -the price of real estate in Cairo (IL)
    -The Mack's Trade List
    -Pap
    -iDox
    -CLOUDS
    -bloodshitting episodes
    -The OC
    -each other

- the late-'90s swing revival (let's be honest, we could TELL that wasn't gonna be permanent, although there still are some leftover "swingers" gigging in Chicago)

My brother had a great gig in the late 90's swing revival at The Olive in Chicago, which is now (I think) Green Dolphin Street. What do you know about Miss Midori?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

My brother had a great gig in the late 90's swing revival at The Olive in Chicago, which is now (I think) Green Dolphin Street. What do you know about Miss Midori?
    Enough to put her on this here list!

That's how little I hear of her these days!

Chicago went swing crazy in '95-99, and Miss Midori rode the crest of that wave. I don't know what happened to her after that - when the swing thing faded, so did she. But there were a few good years where she was a really prominent face on the local swing/rockabilly scene (they overlapped for a minute). Reportedly, she was married to a prominent local rockabilly guitarist, but apart from that, I haven't heard much. What happened to her? Oughta search her name on the Net for sheer kicks...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

-The Mack's Trade List

Ahh... this takes me back.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

MAGIC JACKSON!
    RIP.

what happened to him?
    He's retired from the Strut. Actually, he's doing well.
    I talked to him a couple of days ago and dude sounded like he tied on one too many.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Lyrics

• 1. favorite popeye's side order
    peace, stein. . .