Recordkingz online shop...

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i found that one, but it's not the thread where it kicks off. admittedly nothing ever really gets crazy on the VV board, but the thread i'm thinking of got a bit too argumentative...

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    yes prices are insane and they dont give shit for credit. They have some bollywood ish I want and I was hoping I could trade my Klute OST for them(150 pounds worth of records)...but no, they were only gonna give me a 90 pounds credit for it, which is insane because you know they would have put 300 on the Klute when they posted it for sale.

Julians been ok with me over the years. He's given me good records for decent trades. I agree 90 for Klute is low, but I have to speak up and say he's been good at times. It's gotten worse since he put up his website but he's got heat.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Jesus, I had to click 5 or 6 links just to get to the record listings. Someone tell them to invest some of that cheese in a site overhaul.

I was thinking the same thing... and I have been there several times... its a good site to use for sound clip references but I just bought a record and found out how US currency is double when paying in pounds... I'm done buying from people from overseas... to rich for me to listen to a break and say yeah that nice and then tose in it a pile of records...

alot of those records have been on that site for a while too...

• the post about recordkingz on vinyl vulture was removed coz everyone started jumping in and ripping the site to pieces...and the owners of the site were having a go at the vinyl vulture site...bla bla bla....good value though.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    what is ridiculous is the advertisement campain around the records he sells. But he sells good stuffs. It's good for him if he finds people to pay that price. I can't knock his hustle. But i'd like to know who write this lil adds...
    ILL DRAMA MOODY LOOPZ FOR PRODUCERS!!!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    IN FACT THIS LP IS FULL OF EVIL SOUL MUSIC AND SAMPLES FOR THE PRODUCERS.CHECK OUT THE SOUND CLIP ITS THE BIZNESS.

Location anyone?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    slighly off topic, but juliano was behind the funk mode comp, which features plenty of european niceness

the cover art has raised a few eyebrows, but not as many as the recordkingz site design

1. Blackbusters - Old Man
    2. Arp Life - Bu Bu
    3. Helmuth Brandenburg - Love Like A Man
    4. Yamasuki - Yama Yama
    5. Orchestra Henryk Debich - Bez Metalu
    6. Billy and Friends - Ua Ua Rock
    7. Erotissma - Le Cuple
    8. Les Mogul - Wild Flower
    9. Patucchi - Red Lamp
    10. Jose Roberto - Aventura
    11. Max Middleton - Viva Bass and Drums
    12. Plus - Put Everything Together
    13. Santisteban - Zorongo
    14. Frits Kaatee and Jeanette Corde - Easy Evil
    15. Sigurd Cochius - Indian Enmars
    16. Rino De Filippi - Orientale Contemplatino

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    slighly off topic, but juliano was behind the funk mode comp, which features plenty of european niceness

also heard he was behind the 'G.I. Funk' bootleg compilation, which would make sense because he had copies of things like The Steps 'Buzzsaw' cover for sale

• Just thought I'd add that I don't have anything against the site...

The prices seem crazy, but if people will pay them, especially people who have the money, like producers who are getting paid, than more power to him.

And I admit that I really like the pictures and soundclips... and I do use the site as a resource...

But damn! Prices are off crazy, in US dollars at least...

Peace...
    FNM

• SermadSermad 7 Posts
    I think Julian got pi**ed because if you searched for 'recordkingz' in google...the first link was to recordkingz...and the 2nd was to vinyl vulture where everyone was dissing recordkingz.

Everyone knows julian is a good dealer and he has to earn a crust by charging what he wants. Thats cool.

Does google index soulstrut threads? Because he'll be on here in a few weeks kicking off if it does!

• sleepsleep 54 Posts

thank you, bit of a let down..

• SermadSermad 7 Posts

thank you, bit of a let down..

That wasnt *the* thread. Its gone forever.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I like some of the creators beats. I loved that Nas remix of "I know I Can"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i think you guys are overreacting on this. especially if he's selling primarily to the british. what is homie supposed to lower his prices just because the american economy dropped?

he's got a ton of heat (and a ton of audio which is a huge resource) and i'm not particularly mad at a $90 bobby byrd 'i need help'

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Noz, if you knew the industry you would know that dudes on soulstrut whine about prices more than fucking buttcrack hairy blues collectors selling jazz at a NYC record show.

A lot of yall would benefit, collection-wise, by pooling the $1-10 spent on crappy titles and buying something over $50.

And MANY motherfuckers would not be where they are collecting-wise without people like Julian. Or The Sound Library. Or whatever "their prices are too high!" victim of the week.

• Options
    Johnny's right. There's a whole lotta raer tire kickin' a g'wan.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Seconded and thirded...I really don't see point in the path this thread has been on so far. If you can't afford the prices, don't shop there. Simple solution, no?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

A lot of yall would benefit, collection-wise, by pooling the $1-10 spent on crappy titles and buying something over $50.

I'm definitely slowly coming around to this, if not to that extreme...I'm more likely to buy 3 $20 a records at a spot than 20 $3 ones these days...part of it may be that at this point there probably aren't a ton of $3 records left that I want/need...I guess someday I'll have all the $20 ones (no, not likely) and have to shift further up...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    damn ice, dont give up on finding shit cheap.
    i open the wallet when i really want something, but i catch a couple raers for the price of a hotdog now and again too

i open the wallet when i really want something, but i catch a couple raers for the price of a hotdog now and again too

YOU DON'T COUNT!!!

• Maybe it's the titles people are after?

Most of my favorite records are like $20. Many $100 records have a $15 reissue.

I figure if I don't want to pay the price I will grab a re or do without. Or wait a very long time. Or let fate find me a few cool cheap records that aren't on a lot of want lists.

• YO Juliano is good folks & has HEEEEEAT.
    Hatin' on homie cuz of his site or prices is sorta pointless, just don't shop there!
    Dude is mad cool so I had to step in & say some good words bout him.

Bottom line, if you want something bad enough you will pay the price.
    I think many of us have done it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    but yeah i do agree that the site is ugly as hell. i'll gladly do a redesing in exchange for a copy of this:
    http://www.recordkingz.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2114

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

I can only speak on what I know - checking their hip hop section, there are defintely some hot records there. Some prices are not that bad, but I don't think 30.00 US for a copy of EPMD's crossover makes any sense. Maybe in europe, shit's more scarce...70 bucks for an excellent copy of the 93 to infinty lp? That's not even going for half that on ebay in mint condition...

Peace

h

• head034head034 24 Posts

Julians been ok with me over the years. He's given me good records for decent trades. I agree 90 for Klute is low, but I have to speak up and say he's been good at times. It's gotten worse since he put up his website but he's got heat.
    Julian has been good!!! When ever I was in London dude would stop buy with a grip of heat at the hotel or pick me up to go to his crib to dig... But the cost of some of the records justifys his expenses of finding them joints..I know he is a hardcore world wide digger!! He is always on the move.. You got to respect the Hustle!!

Man this thread reminds me of story:

A few months ago I was talking to a local "big named" dj and homeboy started to go off on a certain shop and start babbling some bullshit about "Man I don't like that spot, they overprice everything. Hip-Hop is for the people and should be accesibile to everyone, they are just catering to rich people".

I was like "uh.....okay" and walked away". I wasn't going to bust a quick lesson on supply vs demand and "rarity".

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

YOU DON'T COUNT!!!
    i havent dropped dough on an lp in a few months, and i think that i do alright. maybe i dont do as good as i think i do

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

YOU DON'T COUNT!!!
    i havent dropped dough on an lp in a few months, and i think that i do alright. maybe i dont do as good as i think i do

YOU DONT COUNT EITHER!!

spend that loot
    spend that loot
    spend that loot

or

you

are

not

a

YOU DON'T COUNT!!!

YOU DONT COUNT EITHER!!

spend that loot
    spend that loot
    spend that loot

or

you

are

not

a

Tony could be a baller on a record budget of 2.5 cents a week

Untold raers for real

YOU DON'T COUNT!!!

YOU DONT COUNT EITHER!!

spend that loot
    spend that loot
    spend that loot

or

you

are

not

a

Tony could be a baller on a record budget of 2.5 cents a week

Untold raers for real

Fix your skirt, poptart.