Who's seen IDIOCRACY?

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
If you thought Children of Men was a bleak look at the future, check this shit out.By Mike Judge, absolutely hilarious, Netflix this or you're soft.

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    If you thought Children of Men was a bleak look at the future, check this shit out.

By Mike Judge, absolutely hilarious, Netflix this or you're soft.

speaking of..I saw Children of Men last night. Kode 9 has a future according to that film! The Future sounds noice to me

Anna,

Im netflexing as we speak : )

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I've been checking video stores on the daily for this, but it's always checked out. I really wanna peep it, though.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    torrent, cough

• just watched this last night on the 'puter. Not as good as office space, but enjoyable nonetheless. I thought what is lacked in guffaws it more than made up for in political/social statements.

"It's got electrolytes"

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    just watched this last night on the 'puter. Not as good as office space, but enjoyable nonetheless. I thought what is lacked in guffaws it more than made up for in political/social statements.

"It's got electrolytes"

Yeah though not as funny as Office Space it still made me chuckle a lot (the bit where he got bar coded made me snort beer out my nose). Great to see a film that manages to mix slapstick comedy with something a bit more meaningful - am recommending it to everyone I can though the fact that it's been brilliantly buried by Fox doesn't help matters.

• the overall commentary was pretty good but the execution got stale by the end...too much repitition

• the overall commentary was pretty good but the execution got stale by the end...too much repitition

Exactly

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I guess I liked it, but it was so disappointing. Sorta sad that a movie that tries to be this satirical critque on how we've collectively allowed the dumbing down of society is itself a pretty formulaic slapstick comedy.

I wonder how much better it could've been without studio interference.

Oh, and for the slow office day folks - the entire movie on google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7500188198885025570

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Great movie, someone had mentioned it over at SH, rented it, and it was good within the limits Mike Judge was given. I'd like to see a director's cut.

• Minnie Riperton's daughter is so foine.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Welcome to Costco, I love you.

- spidey

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Minnie Riperton's daughter is so foine.

Always has been.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Now that I know Maya Rudolph stars in it, I'm checking it out

• I was just about to post about this movie.

Fucking off the hook funny, and genuinely scary at the same time... especially since the future we are laughing at in the movie is basically the present.

I hadn't even heard of this until my cousin rented it the other day... Right from the opening scene where they show a montage of 20th century stupid shit, and than cut to a sci-fi rendering of how we envisioned the future, this shit is on point.

And I didnt think it was lacking on the guffaws...

Peace...
    FNM

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    im an easy target. was extremely thc-filled while watching it, and i couldnt stop laughing everytime dax sheppard said anything. the genius behind the future-language boggles the mind.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Welcome to Costco, I love you.

- spidey

My favorite part.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    just watched it... best B movie i have seen in ages... holds up to Deathrace 2000 and Phantom of the Paradise and other great early 70's dystopian explotiation films...

just as those movies reflected the disillusion, cynicism, and plain fucked up-ness of post-Watergate, post-Vietnam, post-Manson/Altamont America, this one does with the Bush/Fox/Halliburton/Paris Hilton times we live in now...

watch it til the very end, it has one of those great negative endings...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Thanks for the link, just watched the whole thing. Pretty funny.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Thanks for the link

I??ve not heard about this flick before, but it sounds interesting.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Tylenol Jones

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts

Nice one, thanks!

As if we couldn't do the same thing in London or Australia.

- spidey

As if we couldn't do the same thing in london.

- spidey

yeah yeah

How the hell do they expect us to know this shit without google?

- spidey

How the hell do they expect us to know this shit without google?

- spidey

"how many sides does a triangle have?"