what grocery store do you shop at?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
immol go with this shit.i shop at Kroger a lot and it pretty much sucks.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    www.uwajimaya.com

I live above this spot and it is REALLY dope. I am in there every day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

• either the Seoul Korean market down the street, the Mexican Amanacer market or Harps

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    Publix gets my green since it is always cleaner and has a better selection than other groceries in my area. I do miss Harris Teeter though...

• Mitsuwa and Albertsons untill they closed our local one, now its safeway, I hate safeway and all its employees.

• i like how Kroger is open 24 hours, i don't like how Daniel looks at my wife every time we shop there.

• i like how Kroger is open 24 hours, i don't like how Daniel looks at my wife every time we shop there.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i like how Kroger is open 24 hours, i don't like how Daniel looks at my wife every time we shop there.

any place that makes you carry one of those mutherfucking clubtard cards can eat a pack of dicks.

• NEVER Marvin's IGA. their section of beef freaks me out- I saw a dead fly in the shrinkwrap once.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Whole Foods. I got it made cause I'm on seasonal--that means I work about three days per year--and I get to keep my employee discount all year. I also shop at the chinese and japanese grocery stores around the way. ANd when the green market in USQ is bumping I'm all over it.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    24 hour Wal-Mart or Kroger some times. WAL-MARTs produce sucks!!!!!

any place that makes you carry one of those mutherfucking clubtard cards can eat a pack of dicks.

yeah i hate those, i filled out the sheet with fake info but they could find out who i am cause i pay with my credit card when i don't got any dirty money to spend. my kroger just got a gas station and they are offering really good prices if you pay with that card.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    http://www.flatbushfoodcoop.com/
    fuck walmart! keep it local folks! support smaller business.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    or trader joes for the pre made schitt! fuggit!

• and the Ozark Health food store
    well, I work there.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    here is a complete transcript of my conversation with a deli counter associate at a Kroger in Cincinnatti, Ohio in the summer of 2004.

Me: Can i have turkey, swiss, lettuce, tomato and mayo on a roll

Her: white bread?

Me: ROLL!

Her: white-bread?

Me: R-O-L-L

Her: W-H-I-T-........

i settled for white bread

i mean i understand the regional differences in sub, hero and hoagie

but i thought roll was universal?

anyway. i shop at Hannaford.

• I shop at Whole Foods & Gelsons.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    trader joes

• here is a complete transcript of my conversation with a deli counter associate at a Kroger in Cincinnatti, Ohio in the summer of 2004.

I think that's funny, being that I used to work as a deli clerk at Kroger during college - do you remember what part of town you were in?

From what I remember, we only kept white or wheat behind the counter (the bakery was on the opposite side of Kroger) for sandwiches. Of course, when I went on break, I made sure I grabbed some buns and loaded my sandwiches with the most expensive meat and cheese in the case (usually Sara Lee turkey, hard salami, and Baby Swiss and/or Loraine Swiss cheese).

Grocery shop at Bigg's, which is in the mall around the corner from my house.

Before I got married, I used to shop at Kroger (Hyde Park location - at one time the biggest pick up place for singles!).

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    HO FOODS AND TRADER HOES.

PRODUCE SECTION IN THE HOOD IS ABOUT HALF MY WINGSPAN AND IT'S ALL BROWN WILTED. NALGAS.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    keep it local folks! support smaller business.

I like the small ones with local and organic products. I avoid supermarkets.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My local Food Bazaar is a supermarket. I get my essentials there.
    I take weekly trips down to both Fairways 74th and 127th. I'll hit Whole Foods for certain thangs.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    here is a complete transcript of my conversation with a deli counter associate at a Kroger in Cincinnatti, Ohio in the summer of 2004.

I think that's funny, being that I used to work as a deli clerk at Kroger during college - do you remember what part of town you were in?

From what I remember, we only kept white or wheat behind the counter (the bakery was on the opposite side of Kroger) for sandwiches. Of course, when I went on break, I made sure I grabbed some buns and loaded my sandwiches with the most expensive meat and cheese in the case (usually Sara Lee turkey, hard salami, and Baby Swiss and/or Loraine Swiss cheese).

Grocery shop at Bigg's, which is in the mall around the corner from my house.

Before I got married, I used to shop at Kroger (Hyde Park location - at one time the biggest pick up place for singles!).

the Kroger was at the end of the street Top Cats was on

across from some music store called True Blue

that kroger

the lady was old and had no teefus

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    I love the Albert Cuyp market.
    but most off the shoppin @

and if i wanna feel like a yuppie

• the Kroger was at the end of the street Top Cats was on

across from some music store called True Blue

that kroger

the lady was old and had no teefus

Oh man, that's got a rep as of the worst Krogers ...I don't think I've even been in that one.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I keep it real. Ralphs.

• i used to work at kroger in south kakalak

• Bi-Lo for life...but Bloom is the shit.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    when i lived alone, my fridge stayed empty except for ketchup and club soda
    this was pretty much my market