Colbert and O'Reilly

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    how do you watch either of those two clowns without wanting to throw up on the T.V. set?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    damn you're fast.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I loved that quip about sexual harrasment in the workplace. Happened so fast I don't think O'Reilly knew what hit him

• Colberts schitck is playyyeeeeeeedddddddddd. This tepid shit will only be feted thanks to the widespread animus for the culture warrior amongst flower power motherfuckers.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I was hoping for something more along the lines of Stewart when he was on Crossfire.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Colberts schitck is playyyeeeeeeedddddddddd.

Pot calling the kettle black?

• thanks to the widespread animus for the culture warrior

the culture warrior???

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    thanks to the widespread animus for the culture warrior

the culture warrior???

That's what O'Reilly calls himself, and it's the title of his new book about how everybody to the political left of him hates America and is trying to destroy it from the inside. You know, stupid shit.

I haven't seen TCR yet, but I heard about Colbert's sexual harassment zinger, which is awesome.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    It was funny O'Reilly called Colbert "secular" when in fact, Colbert is a practicing Catholic and sometimes even a Sunday school teacher.

It's like the time during an interview O'Reilly suggested Charlie Rose is bred from the north-eastern elite, and Rose started laughing - "I went to public school in North Carolina, Bill."

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    dude, that was great. Oreilley was totally out oreilleyed.

• Apparently Colbert was on the O'Reilly Factor during the same timeslot.. anyone catch that?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    how do you watch either of those two clowns without wanting to throw up on the T.V. set?

Colbert is easier to take in doses, like these YouTube clips. He's like The Onion - funny and whip-smart when it started, but now, kind-of running in circles. Watching O'Reilly, a feat millions of Americans accomplish each weekday, is akin to the Governor of California slowly asphyxiating you, and - due to massive oxygen loss - jointly making you stupider in the few seconds you have left to live.

That 30% Off sicker bit was hilarious, though.

• "what i do, bill, is catch the world in the headlights of my justice."

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    He's like The Onion - funny and whip-smart when it started, but now, kind-of running in circles.

Hasn't The Onion been around for 15 or 20 years?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I didn't mean that The Onion was only a few years old; the website went on-line in the mid-90s. But it used to be funnier and fresher about 5 years ago. Just an analogy.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    best part of colbert is the interviews. He kinda stung O'Reilly with the sexual predator comment. Snuck it by him.