The Pack "Skateboards 2 Scrapers" EP

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I didn't even know this was out, but it is--and it's surpisingly good.What do you little debbies think?

Comments

• Another Bad Creation with some street cred? There's this one song where it's basically there take on Miami Bass, pretty good for a club set. As far as the little debbie's "Vans" was a big deal out here in the bay.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Another Bad Creation with some street cred?

It's music by and for kids.

Is there supposed to be something wrong with that?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I don't get "got my vans on but they look like sneakers".

Vans are sneakers.

What am I missing?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I don't get "got my vans on but they look like sneakers".

Vans are sneakers.

What am I missing?

Sneakers = dope looking shoes, some Air Force Ones, Bapes, etc. The song is about being broke and saying fuck that, "I bet I'll snatch your chick with my god damn vans on" and all the reasons frontin on a pair of shoes is wack and cheap vans are where it's at.

I just still can't take dudes seriously, cause Young L was in my P.E. class in high school and dude had anger issues / temper tantrums like no other. No one I knew had any clue he did beats, we all thought he was just a goofball. Too Short's cousin is in the group (which is how they got signed to Jive so quick) and dude can flow, other dudes are alright.

Best one-hit-wonder I've heard in awhile though.

• I don't get "got my vans on but they look like sneakers".

Vans are sneakers.

What am I missing?

Sneakers = dope looking shoes, some Air Force Ones, Bapes, etc.

The fucked up thing is that there are now $125 and up vans out there nowadays...

vintagekicks.com

I must check this EP. The Vans remix with Short Dog was tight. I'm deaf to the haters.

• that "it's my pussy i can do what i want" song is allright, goes over well with the gay crowd I DJ too.

• Another Bad Creation with some street cred?

not a thing.

this EP is really enjoyable, and the other stuff that's been making it's way to the interweb is of the same caliber. young L is interesting on the beats and they all sound just so damn enthusiastic about doing what they do!

they all sound just so damn enthusiastic about doing what they do!

Yeah, that's what I like about it.

Another thing I really like about this release: the fact that it's only six tracks. More current rappers (or their labels) should exercise a similar sense of restraint.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    they all sound just so damn enthusiastic about doing what they do!

damn, bout time some rappers started to show they are really into makin music and have fun with it .

im gettin pretty damn tired of the

• they all sound just so damn enthusiastic about doing what they do!

Yeah, that's what I like about it.

Another thing I really like about this release: the fact that it's only six tracks. More current rappers (or their labels) should exercise a similar sense of restraint.

6 songs: the average amount of good tracks on a "good" rap album from the last 3 years. Definite cosign.

I wasn't slaming the kids .

but if you want to do that dance there might be something wrong about a grown man enjoying what YOU would call "music by and for kids". It puts a different light on your focus on "little dudes". Being a novelty rap group would suck for them though.

P.S.

HI N*CK! see you tomorrow (no fanboy).

but if you want to do that dance there might be something wrong about a grown man enjoying what YOU would call "music by and for kids". It puts a different light on your focus on "little dudes". Being a novelty rap group would suck for them though.

Anyone uncomfortable with enjoying music "by and for kids" doesn't like rap.

Completing your cipher?

Completing your cipher?

See, this is a perfect example of a little dude who doesn't even like rap, but wants to run his mouth. If you really knew what was up, you would've posted a pic of this Matthew Knowles-helmed project:

• The mind bogles when trying to figure how this is even on your radar. I think you like rap TOO much.

• I didn't even know this was out, but it is--and it's surpisingly good.

What do you little debbies think?

anyone got it available for dl?

• i didn't try this link yet cuz i'm not at home but here, it was pretty easy to come by (if it works):

http://www.maxalbums.com/album/128321/The%20Pack/Skateboards%202%20Scrapers/

I'd cop it too though. Make sure those kids have lunch money for school!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've got most of it on 12" now and was surprised - didn't expect much after Vans but pretty much everything they've done is good... and while the beats all sound similiar they don't get boring...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Wow, its 6 songs? an ep? Cool idea. Ill check it out.