My cellphone fell in the toilet today!

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
If you ever gave me your phone number please PM it to me because I lost all that shit! haha, get it? Shit? awww, fuck, whatta bad day......

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    daaaaaaaaang.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i had an ipod that fell in the bowel a while ago and i put it in a tupperare with rice in there. I left a 40 watt amp a few feet from it and left it there for like 2 days. Fixed it up perfect. People were saying the same thing about phones so that might help fix it. just hope there was no
    on it

• Been there. Changing clothes in the bathroom stall at Geneva Airport in Switzerland. My friend was in the bathroom and heard 'plooop!' 'oh shitttt!'

• I find it's best to tape my cell phone to my stomach before entering the bathroom.

• I had that too. The service guys told me I should've put the phone in a plastic bag filled with water (as to not let it dry) and then brought it to them. Somehow it didn't cross my mind fishing that thing out of the bowl...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    i had an ipod that fell in the bowel

Ouch.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yes. i put ipods in my ass.

"want to fight about it?"

but seriously firefox spell check sucks my left nut.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I had that too. The service guys told me I should've put the phone in a plastic bag filled with water[/b] (as to not let it dry) and then brought it to them. Somehow it didn't cross my mind fishing that thing out of the bowl...

These guys were surely taking the piss. You just need to let it dry off gently with a hairdryer or something. Immersing the thing in water again will not help other than to give the service guys a bit of a laugh.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Hahaaa. I can imagine a dude taking his cellphone into a shop in a bag of water - like its a goldfish or something. 'Is there anything that can be done??'.

• I had that too. The service guys told me I should've put the phone in a plastic bag filled with water[/b] (as to not let it dry) and then brought it to them. Somehow it didn't cross my mind fishing that thing out of the bowl...

These guys were surely taking the piss. You just need to let it dry off gently with a hairdryer or something. Immersing the thing in water again will not help other than to give the service guys a bit of a laugh.

I also don't see how keeping it in water will help preserve the device?

Your best bet is to not turn it on after the device falls in water. (which is naturally what most people do). Let it dry out for a long ass time.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    No one must know that I, the drafer of the Paris Peace Accord, dropped my glasses in the toilet.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If you ever gave me your phone number please PM it to me because I lost all that shit! haha, get it? Shit? awww, fuck, whatta bad day......

Was this before or after the wild animal park? must have been after because you called me that morning....

well i'm 204-4088.

• pm sent with #'s

I just got my first cellphone...haha...wow...right? avoided for awhile...now, the day has come...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Last year I dropped my phone in a toilet. In a bar.

I was so drunk that I immediately thought "hey, get that back idiot".

I did.

I come home and put the phone on the oven.

Miraculously, it still works.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    No one must know that I, the drafer of the Paris Peace Accord, dropped my glasses in the toilet.

Lisa, just because you're ten feet tall doesn't mean you can tell me what to do.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    my wife did the same thing last week...

• I dropped mine in someone's toilet last month. At least I had the excuse of

1. Being drunk
    2. It was 5am
    3. Being reeeaaaly drunk
    4. I didn't know whose house it was
    5. It was a weeknight

So really, it's not like I even dropped it at all.

I have new phone now.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    My only excuse is that my pants' back pocket was too shallow.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    you should put it in distilled water, so theres no calcium oxide and stuff on the circuits. yeah

• So really, it's not like I even dropped it at all.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

Lisa, just because you're ten feet tall doesn't mean you can tell me what to do.

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of a right triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.