record currently kicking yo ass

13»

Comments

• "Fabuloso"by Mario y Sus Diamantes... has great timbale breaks!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    "Don't Make Me A Storyteller" by the Dells on Cadet. Holy shit, I can feel their sorrow right through the vinyl! Real good intense soul ballad. Love the part where bassman Chuck Barksdale, in a spoken aside, misses his girl so bad that he wishes her picture would come to life!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Not my copy, but this record hasn't left my turntable since Friday:

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Just got this is the mail......grooooovy cheesey summery fun:

Mister Musica

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts

Picked this up in a collection awhile back and can't seem to keep it off the decks...

Sublime UK Prog/Psych on par with Egg & early Soft Machine... I can't believe I never heard of this before!!!

The first track on side 2 is a stormer... the breakdown in the middle is

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

you know, if the boot was covered in velvet....

edit - not sure why this isn't working....anyway, it's the Bitter/Sweet LP by Main Ingerdient

• Oye Maje

One track in the middle of latin ballads with strings.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Oye Maje

One track in the middle of latin ballads with strings.

thats my shit! My usual bridge between a rock track and soul track when I play out...very killer tune.

my two as of late are

Larry Williams and Johnny Watson with Kalidescope "Nobody"(Okeh)
    killer 60s drone-rock version of the Three Dog Night tune...

The Guerillas "Lawdy Rolla"(King)
    US ish of a French Congo acoustic RnB/Jazz tune, has an amazing vibe and groove...

Picked this up in a collection awhile back and can't seem to keep it off the decks...

Sublime UK Prog/Psych on par with Egg & early Soft Machine... I can't believe I never heard of this before!!!

The first track on side 2 is a stormer... the breakdown in the middle is

The band (and album) is called Touch, and I think they were actually from the US (I wanna say somewhere in the Pacific Northwest - two of the members were previously in Don & the Goodtimes).

Larry Williams and Johnny Watson with Kalidescope "Nobody"(Okeh)
    killer 60s drone-rock version of the Three Dog Night tune...

Larry & Johnny's version actually came before Three Dog Night's, and it was sheer genius matching those two up with this legendary psych band...

• Joe Bataan- Latin Funk Brother compilation. That shiet is

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

If you like this LP, you should definitely look for their 45 on MPS that has two songs not on the LP.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    This new album by THE GO just came out and it's amazing. 60s/70s garage/powerpop/glam/psych

On heavy vinyl & heavy cardboard gatefold LP too.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts

If you like this LP, you should definitely look for their 45 on MSP that has two songs not on the LP.

thanks i will definitely check for those. i love this album, "wave's lament" is one of my all time favourites

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

If you like this LP, you should definitely look for their 45 on MSP that has two songs not on the LP.

thanks i will definitely check for those. i love this album, "wave's lament" is one of my all time favourites

this 7" and the OG press with the poster are pretty raer; the LP is rather easy to find as a black label late 70s press though.

however, what is this in the picture above? CD reissue? I have never seen this cover artwork before.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

however, what is this in the picture above? CD reissue? I have never seen this cover artwork before.

It's from the CD issue, yes. Not sure why they replaced the original - that shit was pretty dope to me: