Cookingstrut

13»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Im wondering if one good sauce would cover all the bases - marinating/condiment/stirfry/bbq sauce.
    Or do i have to have 3-5 different bottles that do certain things better than others.

Like Olive Oils I have at least 4 different bottles for different tasks.

whole wheat soy sauce

its more tasty, less ''dry'' for basting..just a great sauce

Whole Wheat? I thought soy sauce was made from soy.
    Sounds like Cider beer.

• believe it or not that was close to the recipe , just try it like this next time cook onions slow and low till kinda see thru . when the burn the release some shit that taste bitter--don't use garlic i eat whole of it for taste but i never put it in alfredo. now add heavy cream salt and pepper preferably white black works just as fine, do not heat too quickly as it starts to warm add , parm romano blend of cheese move as it heats(stir) if you see bubble, boiling take off heat . just as a guide 1/2 onion , 6tbs of butter , 8 - 10 ounces of heavy cream and a cup of cheese , start to finish about 12 min if you are experienced in kitchen 15 min if not , this should handle about a pound of (dry weight ) pasta. nothing but compliments i promise , ps to those who know me i know waaaaaay more about cooking than records. i guess someone is saying if i can boil an egg that would be true.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Im wondering if one good sauce would cover all the bases - marinating/condiment/stirfry/bbq sauce.
    Or do i have to have 3-5 different bottles that do certain things better than others.

Like Olive Oils I have at least 4 different bottles for different tasks.

whole wheat soy sauce

its more tasty, less ''dry'' for basting..just a great sauce

Whole Wheat? I thought soy sauce was made from soy.
    Sounds like Cider beer.

il go check the botle at home

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I just made a tasty lunch... Potage au pistou (basically a thick soup finished with pesto)

essentially its...
    chicken stock
    diced potatoes
    orzo
    chopped tomatoes (i used canned - time of year)
    chpped string beans

heat soup and then add an aillade paste
    garlic
    basil leaves
    touch of olive oil and chicken stock
    s & p

serve with shredded gruyere and a crusty loaf = a yummy hearty lunch

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    but i've never found a chinese product that i though was of any culinary interest aside from applying to braises and/or soups/stews. someone please correct me.

Well, then do you find Chinese food in general to be of culinary interest? That's a pretty broad statement to make, considering soy sauce is often used. Or do you mean the application of Chinese soy sauce in Michelin star dinning.

Personally, I recommend someone to have a variety of soy sauces on hand, I usually have at least 3-4. Some hold up to marinating better while others are better for seasoning, etc. For the avg home cook, I think something common like Kikkoman is a good balance of the two if you insist on just having one type of soy suace in your house.

• does anyone here have a good/family recipe for falafels?

i'm tired of makin out of the box and it cant be that hard, right?

need some falafels to go with that new delay cd....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Its whole grain soy sauce, its thicker and more ''oily'' than normal soy sauce and its brown, but more importantly its less dry and salty than normal kikkoman, itshas a unique flavour.

Ive found it useful for apple/pork meals and fruit/citrus based ''asian'' sauces

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I don't have a recipe per se, but I can tell you what to put in it, and how to cook it.
    you will need:
    chickpeas
    cilantro
    garlic
    cumin
    corriander.

put it all in a food processor but don't totally puree it,let it get a thorough consistency that you can roll into balls that will hold their shape. roll those fuckers up and fry them.