If I hear that Akon song again

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Someone is gonna feel pain. I hear you whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinin'(every 5 minutes on the radio)

Comments

• oh man i totally hate that shit.

worst part about it is there are 2 songs that pretty much sound exactly the same except for the bpm so its like instead of every 5 minutes, its every 2 1/2 minutes!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I do not listen to the radio! Never.

• are you talking about that "i wanna love you" joint? i find that song very funny. little ass kids singing along, no idea what the real lyrics to the song are... maybe you're talking about another one...

• He does "Smack That," too? The only good thing is that these singles have been released at roughly the same time, so our visit to musical purgatory should be short-lived.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    are you talking about that "i wanna love you" joint? i find that song very funny. little ass kids singing along, no idea what the real lyrics to the song are... maybe you're talking about another one...

Yep, thasss it. I'm just tired of hearing it overandoverandoverandover again. The radio was on in the other room so I heard it plenty-o-times today. Dudes whiiiiiiiiinin' gets old real quick.

Aren't folls sick of that song yet? It's been out for a while now.

• TruthTruth 50 Posts
    damm happy i never heard. never listen to the radio or the tv, shit fucks up your brain!!!

• are you talking about that "i wanna love you" joint? i find that song very funny. little ass kids singing along, no idea what the real lyrics to the song are... maybe you're talking about another one...

Yep, thasss it. I'm just tired of hearing it overandoverandoverandover again. The radio was on in the other room so I heard it plenty-o-times today. Dudes whiiiiiiiiinin' gets old real quick.

Aren't folls sick of that song yet? It's been out for a while now.

Wasn't that shit on Snoop's album? And now it's on Akon's too? Maybe that can help explain the extended air time. Or maybe I'm just wrong.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Yup, they did that thing where they put it on both albums, feel like thats happening more and more lately. Also, on itunes, you could buy it from Akons album, but not from snoops. Funny how thats works...

I think we all knew the becky's were going to go crazy for that joint from the minute we heard it. It does seem to have some surprising staying power tho....

• GUYS!!!! Shhhhh!!!! I'm banking on this song to help Snoop go platinum....shhhhh.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    most disturbing song since a while.
    it makes me turn off the radio when i'm in the car, makes me change the channel when im watchin TV and makes me puke when i hear it from any iPod.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yup, they did that thing where they put it on both albums, feel like thats happening more and more lately. Also, on itunes, you could buy it from Akons album, but not from snoops. Funny how thats works...

I think we all knew the becky's were going to go crazy for that joint from the minute we heard it. It does seem to have some surprising staying power tho....

Surriously. He's getting right up there with BEP & Fergie for the incessant ear poison award. Always sounds like dude is trying to croon with lyrics from a Lil John song.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    all akon is awful, but i wouldn't be holding my breath for him to go away.
    he's been making shitty hits since "locked up" "lonely" "soul survivor" and now these shits
    ugh

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    he's been making shitty hits since "locked up" "lonely" "soul survivor" and now these shits
    ugh

So true.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    damm happy i never heard. never listen to the radio or the tv, shit fucks up your brain!!!

Unlike the internet of course which offers nothing but pure essence.

• Someone is gonna feel pain.

I hear you whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinin'

(every 5 minutes on the radio)
    thanks day! since i read this post yesterday this song has been on steady repeat in my head!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That song is one of many songs on the radio, part of the new breed of crap-ass hiphop and B, flooding the radio.

• It's better than that Chris Brown/Bow Wow song, "Shorty like miiiiiiiiii ine" That shit makes me want to pour hot acid in my ear socket.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It's better than that Chris Brown/Bow Wow song, "Shorty like miiiiiiiiii ine" That shit makes me want to pour hot acid in my ear socket.

That song is one of many songs on the radio, part of the new breed of crap-ass hiphop and B, flooding the radio.

• It's better than that Chris Brown/Bow Wow song, "Shorty like miiiiiiiiii ine" That shit makes me want to pour hot acid in my ear socket.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It's better than that Chris Brown/Bow Wow song, "Shorty like miiiiiiiiii ine" That shit makes me want to pour hot acid in my ear socket.

Guys that song is indeed awful, but it's nothing new--hasn't Bow Wow been doing these for his entire career?

One more thing:

We could just go back to my place and kick it like Tae Bo....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I hear shit like this and then I start to wonder... was, say for example, Poison by BVD really that much better? Then I think, yep, it sure was! Poison was the jam!! Poison! Poison! Poison! P-p-p-p-poison!

Bell

Biv

Devoe

hahahahaaaaa
    now you know

I hear shit like this and then I start to wonder... was, say for example, Poison by BVD really that much better? Then I think, yep, it sure was! Poison was the jam!! Poison! Poison! Poison! P-p-p-p-poison!

Of course it was--that's not even a question (seriously).

• I never thought I'd long for early 90s R&B. That stuff's sounding good to me now, though. Purely sentimental, probably.

But I do think that a lot of those early 90s people had better, more talented voices.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The Akon track on the Styles P tape is pretty decent, though.

The Akon track on the Styles P tape is pretty decent, though.

Akon's done some decent stuff--I'm not sure why he decided to reinvent himself as T-Pain 2.0

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    ugh

beg to differ.....before he got (re)signed and did his current thing he came out with a single that was pretty good. I forget what label it was on, but I think it was promo only. I got it in like.... '95 or '96. Like I said the song is pretty good but the reason I kept it was on the flip there was this DOOOOOOOOOPE instrumental track. Anyone know what I am talking about? I forget the name of it.....

-pj

• all akon is awful, but i wouldn't be holding my breath for him to go away.
    ugh

beg to differ.....before he got (re)signed and did his current thing he came out with a single that was pretty good. I forget what label it was on, but I think it was promo only. I got it in like.... '95 or '96. Like I said the song is pretty good but the reason I kept it was on the flip there was this DOOOOOOOOOPE instrumental track. Anyone know what I am talking about? I forget the name of it.....

-pj
    i know what youre talking about as i was in a record pool at the time. i think it was called crack rock or something like that.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

i know what youre talking about as i was in a record pool at the time. i think it was called crack rock or something like that.

yeah exactly......I used to rock that in my Josh sets. haha...

-pj

• I've never heard this song on the radio, maybe that's why I like it