who's coping APPL, get your day trade on

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I'm looking at sween, who else is holding some apple stock right aboot nooo. Macworld keynote is in about 3 hrs so we'll see if Jobs delivers that pfffff. Rumours include......iphoneilife/iwork 07newer displaysairport 802.11nyaddy yaddy yah, more info can be found at the usual spots (thinksecret, macrumors).

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    None of the things you brought up seem even remotely interesting...

Why are people so hyped on an apple phone? If anyone thinks an apple phone is going to have even 1% of the impact the ipod made. They are smoking some crazed out BC bud.

I'd rather have been at CES over MACworld keynote. BIG TIME!

Tho I do hope u dudes make some dollahs on any stock increase.

• Bought 50 Shares when it was down at $52 last summer...definitely want to see what they debut today

By the way, Apple's stock symbol is actually AAPL not APPL but you probably just made a typo

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    i think you underestimate the power of the pod. Apple will do pretty well with a phone/player/pda hybrid. Not a new concept, but since most current hybrid phones comprise the same shit, design and brand image will differentiate the market players and Apple has that in spades.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    If you bought it at $52, and are still holding it at $85, you might be greedy. I hope you sold some of that.

• I wouldn't really call it greedy, I would just say I got lucky and timed it right....

Not really looking to sell until after the next version of Mac OSX is released, but then again I am a buy and hold type of guy

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    buy and hold type of guy

BUY & HOLD = DEATH

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Isn't it AAPL? I had it at $74 about a year ago but it was so up and down. I should have held on. Are they still saying it will hit $100?

• BUY & HOLD = DEATH

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/my/a/aapl

I guess so!

• assuming that apple is gonna announce the iphone, i think shares will go up but eventually, the whole thing could be a huge mistake. they already have 60 million ipod users, so by marketing an iphone, are people supposed to buy both an ipod and an iphone? also, there are other cell phone companies who have been in the game for years that currently have mp3 phones (the LG chocolate phone looks great). who knows if after apple drops its iphone, other companies wont come out with better phones.

realistically, i'm sure everyone is gonna go nuts over a phone with the apple logo, even if its crap. so in the short term i can't imagine that apple stock wouldn't get a boost after the announcement (if that is even what they are announcing).

• assuming that apple is gonna announce the iphone, i think shares will go up but eventually, the whole thing could be a huge mistake. they already have 60 million ipod users, so by marketing an iphone, are people supposed to buy both an ipod and an iphone? also, there are other cell phone companies who have been in the game for years that currently have mp3 phones (the LG chocolate phone looks great). who knows if after apple drops its iphone, other companies wont come out with better phones.

realistically, i'm sure everyone is gonna go nuts over a phone with the apple logo, even if its crap. so in the short term i can't imagine that apple stock wouldn't get a boost after the announcement (if that is even what they are announcing).

Jobs is a freak about image and usability. I doubt he would let an iPhone go through without it being a solid product.

An apple phone would be a different way of selling a cell phone. You would buy the phone in its entirety and then the service. Currently carriers heavily subsidize phones (hence all the rebates and getting a $300 phone for $70) and then lock you into a service plan.

Jobs has famously been anti-PDA. So the iPhone will probably accomplish specific functions rather than being a general catch-all device.

I'm willing to bet that Apple will also give a timeframe for iTV (or whatever they end up calling it) and generally speaking break more into the consumer electronics market. They have hinted at going "beyond" streaming. It's unclear if iTV fulfills that description, because it connects wirelessly to local media libraries.

I guess we'll see in about half an hour!!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    assuming that apple is gonna announce the iphone, i think shares will go up but eventually, the whole thing could be a huge mistake. they already have 60 million ipod users, so by marketing an iphone, are people supposed to buy both an ipod and an iphone? also, there are other cell phone companies who have been in the game for years that currently have mp3 phones (the LG chocolate phone looks great). who knows if after apple drops its iphone, other companies wont come out with better phones.

I don't think most people will immediately make the switch but lots of people would prefer to carry just one device instead of two. If Apple integrates it with a Blackberry type device it's game over.

I don't regret selling my shares because I put that money into much better things. Come 2008 I'll have a lot more spare cash which I will put into stocks as I save for a house. Maybe a little 401K for retirement.

Old guy talk.

• BTW there is a live feed here:

http://www.macrumorslive.com/

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    iTV. Jobs said they would release it this year. should be hot.

theres no way to stream video live?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    9:10 am people still seating, ushers wearing turquoise shirts
    9:10 am "every day is a winding road"
    9:09 am Sheryl Crow playing in background

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This is a way bigger announcement than people think.

9:12 am James Brown - "I Feel Good" playing now

Proper.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Jobs is a freak about image and usability. I doubt he would let an iPhone go through without it being a solid product.

He's way more a freak about image than usability, though, so I worry about the overall user experience of an Apple phone.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    goood looks on the mac rumors link. this should be fun.

• 9:21am - " We are selling over 5 million songs a day now. That's 58 songs every second... the last time we talked we were the fifth largest music retailer in the US. We have now passed Amazon, we sell more music than Amazon and we are now #4."

• iTV. Jobs said they would release it this year. should be hot.

theres no way to stream video live?

They've tried it in the past and it wasn't really doable.... a few million people all trying to watch the same stream at once. People couldn't stream and it ended up cheesing people off. So now they just post the movie a few hours after the keynote is done.

• Jobs is a freak about image and usability. I doubt he would let an iPhone go through without it being a solid product.

He's way more a freak about image than usability, though, so I worry about the overall user experience of an Apple phone.

I don't know about about that - the iPod interface is really quite good, as is OSX.

Oh cool, they're going right to iTV!

• 9:28 am 802.11 wifi - all three - b, g + n

Oh shit - they're busting out 802.11N!!!

every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything

9:43 am one device, not 3 separate

Phone + Widescreen iPod + Internet communicator.

• 9:28 am 802.11 wifi - all three - b, g + n

Oh shit - they're busting out 802.11N!!!

there is no international n standard yet meaning itv may not be compatible with the n standard when it's confirmed.

level 2's don't look so good right now!

• 9:42 am 3rd
    internet communicator
    9:42 am revolutionary
    9:42 am mobile phone[/b]
    9:42 am 2nd
    9:42 am crowd goes wild
    9:42 am widescreen ipod[/b]
    9:42 am first
    9:42 am 1984 - first mac
    2001 first ipod
    today - introducing 3 revolutionary products

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    is it just me or do people get way too excited about this schitt?

notthatbigadeal

I'm gonna be real curious about the price on one of these...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I don't know about about that - the iPod interface is really quite good, as is OSX.

See, I think the opposite. I can't use either.

is it just me or do people get way too excited about this schitt?

notthatbigadeal

Try living in Silicon Valley... this is gospel to many