who's coping APPL, get your day trade on

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    is it just me or do people get way too excited about this schitt?

notthatbigadeal

Try living in Silicon Valley... this is gospel to many

Couldn't have said it better, got a few friends working out there and its all I hear---one of them is at the conference in SF.

• is it just me or do people get way too excited about this schitt?

notthatbigadeal

I can see that, but I've been a big mac head since I was a kid.
    Also I have a lot of interest in new media technologies. In this area Apple is doing things thought feasible but were unproven.

Plus fullscreen video on a control surface is hot

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    This is just some geek shit, but I wish there would be an Apple and Nintendo collaboration in some form or another. I mean, Apple releases that iBook in white originally and then they release the MacBooks in black and white. Nintendo releases the DS Lite in white and then follows with a black model. Plus all that user friendliness..

But, all in all that would probably be silly and I most likely would not like it.

• I'm looking at sween, who else is holding some apple stock right aboot nooo.

I have some, too. My father-in-law, who's usually right about such things, seems to think that it'll hit 100 and split, so we're really hoping for that. The past month or so has been less than encouraging, but maybe this week will change all that.

• 10:25 am apple stock currently up $2.43

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    damn straight I pulled the trigger, first time in a couple years I moved my moola into aapl

fuk the hatters, this schitt finna blow

MAJOR

taking aapl to 100+ JEEEAAAAAHHHHH

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    arent they being investigated for cooking their books, and dont all their products have major design problems with them all the time?

• arent they being investigated for cooking their books, and dont all their products have major design problems with them all the time?

Yes, and what are you talking about? "Major design problems" "all the time"???

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i thought there were big problems with the video ipods, and everybody I know that has a Mac is always having problems. I don't really know because I use a PC (obviously - I am a republican). But its all just slick advertising and hype if you ask me. The stock took a big hit, investors will pump it up until they make back some money and then dump it and you aunt tillies will be holding the bag.

• wow the first time American cellphone technology eclipses what's available on the Japanese market....this is huge

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Does anybody have the NIKE+ system? Any feedback? I'm considering dropping in on a set-up.

Thoughts?

• i thought there were big problems with the video ipods, and everybody I know that has a Mac is always having problems. I don't really know because I use a PC (obviously - I am a republican). But its all just slick advertising and hype if you ask me. The stock took a big hit, investors will pump it up until they make back some money and then dump it and you aunt tillies will be holding the bag.

That's funny, every republican with a PC I know is always having problems too.

Apple actually puts thought into design, materials, and usability. You pay for that, definitely.

PS: now will there be "just one last thing" for macworld???

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    i thought there were big problems with the video ipods, and everybody I know that has a Mac is always having problems. I don't really know because I use a PC (obviously - I am a republican). But its all just slick advertising and hype if you ask me. The stock took a big hit, investors will pump it up until they make back some money and then dump it and you aunt tillies will be holding the bag.

For the love of God, don't turn this into a Mac vs PC debate. It's so tired.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    But seriously for a minute.

This isn't like when the ipod came onto the scene and there was knowbody competing out there...

Apple will be going up with companies that have huge footholds in the marketplace for yearrrrssss.

Don't get me wrong. I like that it's a GSM phone. Means u'll be able to use it anywhere and more than likly any GSM network.

Also,

is free push e-mail (With yahoo) for sure?

That would be dope.

But I can't see myself getting one.

Anyone heard a price yet?

I heard $600 US.

CRAZY!

Oh, and also itv? Haven't most (Who have been into it) been using mac mini's to do pretty much most of this same shit already for awhile now???

• But I can't see myself getting one.

Anyone heard a price yet?

10:47 am crowd says "awwww"
    10:47 am available: shipping in June
    10:47 am 8GB model - $599
    10:47 am 4GB model - $499

Yeah it's a little high. But will come down in future revisions, and is actually reasonable when compared to the "pocketPC" market. It's wild how much is packed into this thing.

• i thought there were big problems with the video ipods, and everybody I know that has a Mac is always having problems. I don't really know because I use a PC (obviously - I am a republican). But its all just slick advertising and hype if you ask me. The stock took a big hit, investors will pump it up until they make back some money and then dump it and you aunt tillies will be holding the bag.

95% of the computers that are sold are not apple, however, there are 60 million ipod owners. the reason why the iphone might not sell like the ipod is because apple was basically the first to get it right in the portable mp3 player market. people are already comfortable with other cell phone companies (just like they are with their pc's) and for apple to come in and kill the phone market they really need to have a product that is far superior to what is out.

no doubt apple is gonna sell millions just off the fact that they are a cool brand, but as far as dominating the market, its gonna be difficult. as others have mentioned, the cell carriers already subsidize phones. if motorola has a dope copycat phone, are you gonna pay more just to have an iphone? i won't.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

I'm gonna be real curious about the price on one of these...

$600 for 8-gig version.

• This stock should hit $100. They have the market locked up with music: They have the apps, they distro the music, they have the players.

I don't think that iPhone will do shit in the market--the market's just too huge. Anyone know if that thing has cross-plan compatibility.

New AirPort? Who gives a fuck about that thing? Apple makes hardware for families, not businesses. Even though it might be a good product, if they turn a profit on that thing I'll be surprised.

iTV? iPod's next step. Perfect timing with the YouTube thing jumping off. Only problem is portability. Should do decently, I'm guessing.

I would feel comfortable jumping on board with this stock at anytime through the year, though, based on music alone.

EDIT: And I now see the price on that iPhone. Good lord--the Chocolates will destroy that thing!

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    AAPL at $92 right now, for the home gamers

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    UPOD!!!!!

• AAPL at $92 right now, for the home gamers

I don't know whether to sell or not.

• I'm gonna be real curious about the price on one of these...

$599 8-gigabyte model

$499 4-gigabyte model

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    watch the iphone demos. this shit is the real deal.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I'm gonna be real curious about the price on one of these...

$600 for 8-gig version.

That's just the list price probably. People will get it much cheaper through Cingular or whoever supports them.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    +$7.10

let's just say I'm not surprised.

+$7.10

let's just say I'm not surprised.

Christ!

I would expect a quick sell-off tomorrow which will recover and probably top $100.

• That's just the list price probably. People will get it much cheaper through Cingular or whoever supports them.

Apple prices don't work like that generally. The price is the price. Unless you get an academic discount (5-10% usually).

That's just the list price probably. People will get it much cheaper through Cingular or whoever supports them.

Apple prices don't work like that generally. The price is the price. Unless you get an academic discount (5-10% usually).

Cellphones are an entirely different beast though. If Apple wants a piece of the cellphone market's pie they're gonna have to play by their rules.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Cellphones are an entirely different beast though. If Apple wants a piece of the cellphone market's pie they're gonna have to play by their rules.

They're already not by having a closed system like their other products. That's fine when you ship the final product, but phones are different because they have to go through carriers before they hit the market. Cingular's going to have a bitch of a time getting this thing out.

Basically Steve Jobs is too arrogant for this venture to work. He says he's revolutionizing the phone?! Please! Bells and whistles... bells and whistles. That kind of functionality on a thin phone? Can't wait to see how long the battery life really is. No development platform? Good luck.

I'd better stop now before I get too into it

• My thoughts exactly--shaping up to be the Titanic of cellphones.