New Years Resolution!!!

shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
It's 2007 NOW.What are the goals this year? Did you accomplish anything in 2006?In 2007...No more stripper girlfriends for me...Most are broke with hella kids...No more lending money out to broke MF's that will never pay you back!!!!(that includes family) sadly.Travel more Dammit & concentrate on more some realistic business ventures....Yes!

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    no more smoking after january...

• I didnt have a resolution and was a little bummed about it, but as I was walking past the bookshelf I saw my girl's copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird" and I decided my resolution was to read the classics one is supposed to have read but hasnt...today I start with Harper Lee...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Buy a house or condo in 2007.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    goto gym regularly
    eat healthy
    quit smoking greens
    get lots and lots of moneys
    start unloading some records

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Buy a house or condo in 2007.

Yeah this is my number one goal for the year - too many years living with people above, below, and beside me.

After that it's get hitched finally.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    This morning I woke up in a houseboat without any recollection of how I got there.

I'm pretty sure that means 2007 will be the best year ever.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    In order of importance

1. Pay off debt
    2. Improve my business
    3. Start schooling for film production
    4. Buy video equipment

and the usual lesser important stuff I probably won't have time or money for

5. healthy eating and exercise
    6. improve my standard of living (buy new bed, get nicer furniture, maybe move into a nicer pad)
    7. invest and stick with it. I bought some Apple stock last year and would be checking the market 10 times a day. I have to learn to play it long term and diversify.
    8. buy a truck
    9. sell my piece of shit Honda Rebel and get a much nicer Honda Shadow Spirit.
    9. step up my DJ game

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    This morning I woke up in a houseboat without any recollection of how I got there.

I'm pretty sure that means 2007 will be the best year ever.

• learn piano
    get more of my beats out
    get a manager
    stay healthy/keep exercising
    stay close to the people I love
    finish school
    keep getting deejay work
    get rid of records
    not be a dick
    go to new york for the first time

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    learn piano
    get more of my beats out
    get a manager
    finish school
    keep getting deejay work
    get rid of records
    not be a dick

Coming to New York would be a good look... especially if you adhere to the resolution not to be a dick.

• learn piano
    get more of my beats out
    get a manager
    finish school
    keep getting deejay work
    get rid of records
    not be a dick

Coming to New York would be a good look... especially if you adhere to the resolution not to be a dick.

word....what thread count sheets do you have?

• I'd like to not be so lazy and not doubt myself. I have a hard time finishing things.

It seems like getting rid of records is a common resolution these days. I'm not getting rid of mine, but I have been thinking "I don't need 3 of these" about some things. I don't really need more than one of anything, but working at a record store for a few years made it really easy to buy multiples. Maybe I will lighten the load a bit too.

My main goal is to be more productive and confident and try new things.

• learn piano
    get more of my beats out
    get a manager
    finish school
    keep getting deejay work
    get rid of records
    not be a dick

Why? You thinking of bunking with the boy?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    no more smoking tobacco[/b] after january 1...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    -no more flipping people off while driving. this will be very hard, as a lot of people deserve it, but i've been followed/run off the road too many times and it's just not worth it.

-speak my mind more. this was my resolution a few years ago, and it's time to bring it back.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    learn piano
    get more of my beats out
    get a manager
    finish school
    keep getting deejay work
    get rid of records
    not be a dick

Why? You thinking of bunking with the boy?

I am saying.

If anyone else had posted that, Young Phonics would have gotten his knuckles in a knot in his rush to type AYO!

Visitors get to sleep on an air mattress in the record room and really need not concern themselves with the threadcount of the sheets on my bed.

• get my act together for grad school
    play basketball more
    spend less time online[/b]

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    -no more flipping people off while driving. this will be very hard, as a lot of people deserve it, but i've been followed/run off the road too many times and it's just not worth it.

-speak my mind more. this was my resolution a few years ago, and it's time to bring it back.

I thought flipping off people is speaking your mind.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    no more smoking tobacco[/b] after january 1...

and exercise at least once a week.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

My resolutions are the following:

-Stop smoking.
    -Lose weight.
    -Exercise regularly.
    -Start hoopin' again.
    -Balance work and non-work better.
    -Focus more on my social life.
    -Make more beats.
    -Finish my CD.
    -Cut ties with toxic family members.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Buy a house or condo in 2007.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    In 2007, I want to add more fiber to my diet.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    In 2007, I want to add more fiber to my diet.

Full of shit???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I've worked out at least 3 times/week since March...Gotta keep that going in the new year. Call it a New Year Re-Newal of purpose.

Besides that, I'm gonna make a concerted effort to be more organized and stay on top of the bureacracy that really gets me down: ie., doctor/health insurance bills, banking, etc.

And, this is the year of saving. Last year was all about records. This year is about earning, investing, and interest.

• TruthTruth 50 Posts
    20 some years ago on new years I made a resolution to never make another resolution. I going strong on my word.

• accomplished the 2006 goals. bought a house and am currently rehabbing it to be as green as possible.

play more basketball
    get to bed at a decent time on weeknights
    read more
    stay single and mingle (i feel some nooses tightening though)
    find a new job/position
    take advantage of free classes at university of penn
    move into aforementioned shell of a house in April
    raise bees and chickens
    find trinikas for two dollars

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    My goals for 2007 are based around taking my djing furthur:

This past year I played my first gigs (3 sets in Australia) outside of the states and want to keep this going. I would like at least double that this year so 6 is my goal for that.

I want to start making money off my beats even if its by selling them to local cats for not much (babysteps)

I would like to see my name on a slab of wax.

The biggest one is to network and make more friends in far-reaching places. I played a lot of gigs in 2006, something like 230-240, but not so many away from home. I want to get more familiar with the airport.

aside from all that I need to find an alternative health-care provider. My payments are going up to 240 a month in feburary. Funk dat!!!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    -- Leave the restaurant biz (it was a nice run, but working nights and weekends is taking away time with friends and family).
    -- Get a job at a magazine, or possibly a winery.
    -- Say good-bye to cigarettes (leaving the restaurant biz will help with that).
    -- eBay all the stuff I've been meaning to sell.
    -- read more, and take some JC classes just for self-improvement.
    -- try to exercise.

• [ the record room

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

And, this is the year of saving. Last year was all about records. This year is about earning, investing, and interest.

plus...

- Get some more remixes done for other folks
    - Eat healthier / smaller portions
    - Speak my mind more often
    - Take some night courses at Community College or AAC just fer kicks
    - Keep a regular sleep schedule, with at least 8 hours devoted to sleep on weeknights
    - Re-connect with old friends

Hopefully 2007 will be better than 06...'06 totally sucked IMO.

SG