Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ebay:

thrift:

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    dont use ebay.

but one of my last store/flea finds:

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    my last record of 06 was a 45 of hip hugger by booker t.... or was it blue carpet treatment.... haven't gotten out this year yet as i have been working all day. ya heared me?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    ebay:

Funny... my last ebay buy was the first Black Sugar. How's number 2?

Last non turd real world buy was back in November... Scacy - Sunshine Pt 1 & 2.

• Last Ebay was two Bali Gamelan records.
    Last "find" was Lou reed "Metal Machine Music" - bought it from a friend.

• ebay- art farmer-work of art

real world- sylvers-II

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Last ebay:
    Wildflowers 1 & 2 ($4.99 Buy It Nows from two different sellers)

Is this from that series of experimental NY jazz on Douglas/Casablanca? If so, those are good albums (at least the two I have, I believe there was one more). I'm pretty fairweather about jazz in general, but this series (still fairly common) hits the spot for me.

Plus, there's always the novelty value of music like this being put out by a trashy label like Casablanca (even if it is on a label they distrubuted, rather than Casablanca itself).

Yeah that's the series. There's 5 volumes and the sampler so 6 records for the whole thing and now i only need #4 to be done. (Anyone?)

It's a cool round up the loft scene with some weird sounds going on. If you're indifferent to jazz i would think these would either be a huge turn on or a huge turn off because they are certainly distinct.

Yeah, I know that is a weird series of LP's for a sometimey jazz fan to be getting into, but that's the way I kinda am about that kind of music. My tastes, for jazz, don't follow a pattern; I just kinda like what I like. As far as how I got to the Wildflowers series...well, I saw one of the albums priced at $6 in a store and went for broke (thank God for customer turntables). I was getting into Sun Ra and electric Miles and figured I was ready for something else in the avant-garde realm.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Last ebay purchase: Melba Moore - Standing Right Here 12"

Last real world buy: Kellee Patterson - Turn On The Lights/I Love Music 12" (Courtesy of NevilleC @ Som Records)

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    last fix of 2006:

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Last ebay:
    Wildflowers 1 & 2 ($4.99 Buy It Nows from two different sellers)

Is this from that series of experimental NY jazz on Douglas/Casablanca? If so, those are good albums (at least the two I have, I believe there was one more). I'm pretty fairweather about jazz in general, but this series (still fairly common) hits the spot for me.

Plus, there's always the novelty value of music like this being put out by a trashy label like Casablanca (even if it is on a label they distrubuted, rather than Casablanca itself).

Yeah that's the series. There's 5 volumes and the sampler so 6 records for the whole thing and now i only need #4 to be done. (Anyone?)

It's a cool round up the loft scene with some weird sounds going on. If you're indifferent to jazz i would think these would either be a huge turn on or a huge turn off because they are certainly distinct.

Yeah, I know that is a weird series of LP's for a sometimey jazz fan to be getting into, but that's the way I kinda am about that kind of music. My tastes, for jazz, don't follow a pattern; I just kinda like what I like. As far as how I got to the Wildflowers series...well, I saw one of the albums priced at $6 in a store and went for broke (thank God for customer turntables). I was getting into Sun Ra and electric Miles and figured I was ready for something else in the avant-garde realm.

I hear ya. Sounds like pretty decent timing for the find.

• last real world dig of the year was Meters- Rejuvenation

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Last real world buy was mid-December. My first copy of this 45 was only VG and this was an earlier press as well.

Last eBay buy was right before X-mas. Still trying to track down some of James Brown's various productions.