most embarassing album you ever bought

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I've bought some bad albums in my day but I will go with this... My buddy has got me beat with this one...

Comments

• i kinda bought this more for laughs at just 50 cents... but i did still buy it and had to look at the woman at register in the face while doing so...

• As a youth I was REAL embarrassed to be seen buying both of these records when they came out, even though they are great records...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    As a youth I was REAL embarrassed to be seen buying both of these records when they came out, even though they are great records...

BAN

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

why were you embarrassed to buy the prince and michael albums?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• boast1boast1 142 Posts

why were you embarrassed to buy the prince and michael albums?
    i was going through some records last night for new years and pulled this

out of this

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• why were you embarrassed to buy the prince and michael albums?

Those record covers are no big deal in 2006, but back in 1979 them dudes was lookin' superhomo (my apologies, gaystrutters)... as a young boy, if any of my school chums saw me at the store holding those records I would have been teased unmercifully. And in fact I DID get snapped on by somebody when I was spotted looking at the Prince record on the racks. Kids will be kids...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

• Does feeling embarrassed for someone else's love of a bad record count? If so, I submit this one:

• Probably "Music to Strip By"......
    I crate dig at a local thrift store mostly and there's usually a cool lady who works there who also crate digs, and so its never embarrasing to get certain albums when she's at the counter but when I bought the Strip LP this old lady was there and stared at me!

• i think i have you all beat:

(it was the LP not the cd btw)
    (i was only 9, my older brothers were all about "the devil went down to georgia" and i was trying to be cool by copping the new CDB album before they did. sadly this was the first or second LP i ever bought. been trying to make up for it ever since!!!)

• I bought the cd twice, at best buy because someone stole the first one and i didnt have high speed internet at the time.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    My most embarrassing CD purchase was when I bought my step-brother's Christmas gift three years ago:

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    My most embarrassing CD purchase was when I bought my step-brother's Christmas gift three years ago:

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

the cedric ceballos/ warren g collab was ill. jr rider was rappin about nickel plated nines.

.... i think i was in 4th or 5th grade.

The Dana Barros track kilt it (on the beat tip).

• or maybe "How to overcome Discouragement"

• Though it sounded dated the day it hit the shelves, I find that to be some good ol' rap (except the lead single).

• My most embarrassing CD purchase was when I bought my step-brother's Christmas gift three years ago:

cosign

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

cosign

Ha ha! Dudes, that goes without saying. No one on this board thinks Dave Matthews remotely resembles music.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    recent history
    3 copies of

sealed from Park Heights Records in Brooklyn
    (late 90's)
    flipped on the bay for $$, still felt embassing ............