Remix (it's that time again..)

OlskiOlski 355 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
How do you like this one? Antique Anthem .. and who do you think has done it?

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Man I though that was really sick. Such a subtle re-working in the beginning and then the extendo breakdown. Nice work. I was gonna post a couple remixes/blends, but after careful consideration, I think I dont want to follow that.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    well done, very nice. who did it?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    well done, very nice. who did it?

DJ Hype & Jim Dunloop from Berlin.

Hype is a former DMC/ITF champ from Berlin and one of the deepest digging hip-hop producers/djs we have over here.

His two volume mixtape "Funkvergn??gen" is one of the most slept-on breaks-mixes of all time. You are only scratching the very surfasce wirh your Niagara Lp when it comes to "Funkvergn??gen".

Check a long snipett here and don't get fooled by the lengthly spoken intro (it's mad funny when you understand a little German)...

• joeblowjoeblow 118 Posts

NICE!

here's a few i've been working on. sorry for the snippets.

Corners
    Virgo
    Hate It or Love It
    Get Em High

• 4_LOVE4_LOVE 16 Posts
    How do you like this one?

Antique Anthem

.. and who do you think has done it?

PLEASE EXPLAIN deadbeat soulstrut santa situation

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Antique Anthem

PLEASE EXPLAIN deadbeat soulstrut santa situation

XXXMAS IN JULY! OH SCHNAAPS!

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    s'alright.

just doing vocal cut ups over disco breaks, don't know. rather just hear the disco beat. production quality was the most impressive. that isn't a rare break either... so why is dude such a serious digger??

• Nice stuff.

Here are a couple a friend of mine (Dig This) put together. Me likes. I hope you likes too.

Safety Rubber

Hollabackboo.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    DJ Hype
    dude has the eastern european shit on lock. Berlin is a great place for finding that shit.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Nice one. Gave me the bounces. Added to playlist righthererightnow. If you if you wanna know wanna know???

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Antique Anthem

I like, nothing new or something that hasn't done before but stil solid. Especially for the dj crates. I'd probally cop it.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    s'alright.

just doing vocal cut ups over disco breaks, don't know. rather just hear the disco beat. production quality was the most impressive. that isn't a rare break either... so why is dude such a serious digger??

hey T,

Check the mp3 of the Funkverg??gen that I posted and you'll find out that dude has deep crates. That doesn't stop him from using popular breaks for a well executed party track (that's what Antique Anthem is supposed to be). You can call the strategy double trouble ;-) (big hint to the "disco beat" he is using and that appeared on the soundtrack of a certain film that you all know).

Hype is an old school b-boy known for flipping classic styles and images. That's why his album from two or three years ago had this cover:

He had some nice MCs on it too:

1. Point Of No Return
    2. Ubiquitous feat. Souls Of Mischief
    3. Disc Duel feat. The Phaderheadz
    4. Pull Out Your Cut feat. Mr. Lif
    5. You Can't Effect feat. Killa Kela
    6. Berlin Wall feat. Rise 'N' Shine & Virtuoso
    7. Known To Be The Masta feat. Masta Ace
    8. We Both Speak With Our Handz
    9. We're At War feat. Akrobatik & Zion I
    10. The Hard Way feat. The Beat Junkies: Rhettmatic & Shortkut
    11. Success
    12. The Session feat. Freestyle, Akani & Virtuoso
    13. Affiliation Revised

This my introduction to the better pasrt of our homegrown hip-hop scene.

If you want to check the chart-topping German rap material you need to look out for this guy:

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    s'alright.

hey T,

Check the mp3 of the Funkverg??gen that I posted and you'll find out that dude has deep crates. That doesn't stop him from using popular breaks for a well executed party track (that's what Antique Anthem is supposed to be). You can call the strategy double trouble ;-) (big hint to the "disco beat" he is using and that appeared on the soundtrack of a certain film that you all know).

Hype is an old school b-boy known for flipping classic styles and images. That's why his album from two or three years ago had this cover:

oh yeah I remember this, I think I bought a 12'' of it. Definetly remember hearing it in a store and thought it was pretty dope.

There's another German dj cat who's record I heard very recently. I think he has Rodney P or Roots Manuva on a track, it's mostly house-y type stuff but he has a few uptempo hip hop joints....Real nice website as well, I want to say DJ Striker or something

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

Extrapollate on this one please, I can't help but to think about MF Doom.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    sido rules German hip-hop. He outsells everybody over here including Fitty, The Game...
    His sucess is based on shock-value - like the rest of the Berlin school of Deutschrap: explict, extra-brutal sex rhymes and "Gangsta" lyrics. I guess he didn't have a clue that Doom had a mask already.

Before he had the mask he looked like this:

Another Mc from sido's crew Aggro Berlin is B-Tight:

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    i like this. the production value is impressive and i can't fault the choices of mc's.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    does that dude have AIDS and is flossin' it or does that mean something else in germanspeak?

sorry, I am an ignorant american

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    PLEASE EXPLAIN deadbeat

Seriously. Check thine PMs and stand and deliver oliver.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    LOL, this must be very strange to you guys overseas. And to understand why this is working right now in Germany and why those dudes get into the top ten would need some weeks of cultural and social studies of the german history of the last 20 years, but to make it short.

AIDS means to him "A.lles I.st D.ie S.ekte" Which means "The sect is Everything" Thats his crew name. The LP from which this cover is was called "The last nigga that is tight"

The whole concept from this record label were all these artist are on is to shock the german middleclass youth who buys all of this to shock there parents. If some parents get whats going on and they go to a certain oficial bureou they forbid those records. Actualy they forbid to sell those records to under 18 years old and the forbid to do comercials on those stuff. Which happens quite a lot the last 3 years here in germany.

But please dont get it twisted, we have other guys here to in germany who go into the top ten and who represent a other side of the rap spectrum, but what is happening right now here is the same like what happaned around 89 in the states when NWA came up and Ms.Gore tryed to fuck with 2 Live. Not to compare NWA to these german "gangster" rappers on a quality level, but it is the same happening here right now culturaly what happend in 89 in the states.
    We got a lot of un-employed people here AND a very good social system which menas if you dont have work you still have money. But know they are cutting back the social system and a lot of people are depressed and fucked up. And the kids got a more fucked up attitude beacuse they think "If my dad didnt get a job so why should I get one ??" This gets worser and worser here.

The situation is even more complex than but on superficial level it is what it is.

Peace
    Hawkeye