NEW YEARS EVE MIDNIGHT - WHAT SONG TO PLAY???

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I'm doing the countdown @ Ministry of Sound in Taipei. They are some real commercial pop music peeps. What song would you play at midnight??peace. b

Comments

• after the countdown leave it silent so the crowd can hear themselves cheer for about 30 seconds then drop the big pop tune of the moment there..

• sexy back.........

*shaking head*. I might do the same....

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    slip in 97' Timbaland & Magoo Luv 2 Luv U right into some JT.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    should i drop "dick in a box" (no homo)

sexy back.........

*shaking head*. I might do the same....

you heard the sexy back (redz remix)... is a certified jiggy jam.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    that would be hysterical. If i was at that gig i would think you were on some shit.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

I did a party two days ago and dropped Bone Crusher "Neva Scared" the crowd went fucking ape shit!!! the owner runs into the booth like he was gonna tackle me and asked what the fuck was I doing?!! I said what? he was like look at the crowd they are going crazy please tone it down. So I proceded to drop "Dick in a box". The crowd just looked around and only like 3 people knew the song. Fucking hilarious. Anyways, sheep send me a private message with your email addy. I got something for you.

• In Japan one year I played Auld Lang Syne at midnight, and everyone immediately started to leave.

Peace...
    FNM

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    not really feeling that. have you heard lowbudget's remix? http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=609098

dips is a bit more original less sent thru the bmore machine. those analog blips and shitstorms always get me.

• boast1boast1 142 Posts

dips is a bit more original less sent thru the bmore machine. those analog blips and shitstorms always get me.
    original? he just laced the accapella over a lcd soundsystem track..but whatever.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

original? he just laced the accapella over a lcd soundsystem track..but whatever.

wow... me =

what lcd joint?

• boast1boast1 142 Posts

wow... me =

what lcd joint?
    "someone great" off of sound of silver. on second listen i guess its not a straight lace..he did add some extra stuff to the track.
    i prolly wouldve dug it more if i hadnt heard the lcd track first.

I did a party two days ago and dropped Bone Crusher "Neva Scared" the crowd went fucking ape shit!!! the owner runs into the booth like he was gonna tackle me and asked what the fuck was I doing?!! I said what? he was like look at the crowd they are going crazy please tone it down. So I proceded to drop "Dick in a box". The crowd just looked around and only like 3 people knew the song. Fucking hilarious. Anyways, sheep send me a private message with your email addy. I got something for you.

yo son! i tried PMing you. please to clear out the mails, i gotta tell u something!!

b

• Just dont be that guy, and break out "celebration" Kool n the gang.

Its going to be played by 1000s of Dj on that night, dont be one of them.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

This one is crushing any other version, its the only one I've been able to play out to great reactions 'cause its loud and crisp.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

yo son! i tried PMing you. please to clear out the mails, i gotta tell u something!!

b

Ok should be good. I have song for u for NYE that may work but I will let you be the judge of that!! Lol.......

• This one is crushing any other version, its the only one I've been able to play out to great reactions 'cause its loud and crisp.

for all it's popularity, the original 60 bpm version seems to be tough to dance to... this one keeps the original elements of the song that made becky love it in the first place, but makes it danceable for her no rythm having ass

• I have song for u for NYE that may work but I will let you be the judge of that!!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I'm not sure which song yet but I'm thinking with recent events I'll be dropping some James Brown joint.

• TruthTruth 50 Posts
    man just do what you do. you know your mood will change from day to day.