CNN reports: RIP James Brown

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    At least we can say he lived enough for 3 lifetimes
    of any other man - in 73 years he did it all.

Fuck a Charlie Brown Christmas...

From here on out every year we will be a James Brown Christmas!!!!!.

RIP

• man. that is................ just... I feel like someone punched me in the stomach.

worst Christmas Day morning news ever!!! RIP to a true legend.

• REST IN PEACE JAMES

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    REST IN PEACE JAMES

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

There's not much more to say.

I can't think of much else to say. Devastating news.

RIP

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I am beside myself.

• rayray 77 Posts
    God Bless You James Brown

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    REST IN PEACE JAMES

• The man responsible for so much. Not only did he shape soul music but the man shaped hip-hop and everything that's come out of it.

I was talking to a homie last night and I realized I met this particular friend and a lot of others through music and it all woudn't of happend without James' imagination and talent.

Shit, the whole reason we even got something like Soulstrut is because of dude.

• the king is dead - long live the king (on our stereos)

saaad sad sad. a titan, gone way too soon. perhaps the most important musician of the 20th century???

when you think about it, going out on x-mas day is pretty JB like - who will ever forget now?

• The man responsible for so much. Not only did he shape soul music but the man shaped hip-hop and everything that's come out of it.

I was talking to a homie last night and I realized I met this particular friend and a lot of others through music and it all woudn't of happend without James' imagination and talent.

Shit, the whole reason we even got something like Soulstrut is because of dude.

he was definitely ahead of the game. on some time machine steez.

• There's not much more to say.

I can't think of much else to say. Devastating news.

REST IN PEACE JAMES

your'e on some Next funk now, you will b missed dearly and celebrated for eternity

~ely

• The best has left. This is the first thing I heard this morning and it fucked my day up. RIP.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    a -- no "the" -- true heavyweight has passed. rip.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    damn, thought this would never happen...

truly changed my life.

R.I.P.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Even though he was 73, I still think James died before his time (but then again, considering the kind of living he's put his body through, I suppose it's remarkable he made it this far). I am glad though that this will be one artist whose legacy will not go underacknowledged unlike all the lost legends we've seen come and go.

JAMES BROWN WILL NEVER DIE.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I am glad though that this will be one artist whose legacy will not go underacknowledged unlike all the lost legends we've seen come and go.

WASHINGTON, Dec. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a statement by President Bush:

Laura and I are saddened by the death of James Brown. For half a century, the innovative talent of the "Godfather of Soul" enriched our culture and influenced generations of musicians. An American original, his fans came from all walks of life and backgrounds. James Brown's family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers this Christmas.

SOURCE White House Press Office

• damn, thought this would never happen...

truly changed my life.

R.I.P.

He changed EVERYTHING.

RIP to the one and only Godfather of Soul.

• the king is dead - long live the king (on our stereos)

saaad sad sad. a titan, gone way too soon. perhaps the most important musician of the 20th century???

when you think about it, going out on x-mas day is pretty JB like - who will ever forget now?

I know. His Christmas albums are gonna have a whole new significance now.

2006 started off with Wilson Pickett leaving us and ended with JB saying goodbye. I know we'll all have our turn at some point, but this is just too damn much.

• what a shame

R.I.P.

• whoever's sad, stop being sad. put on some JB and GIVE IT UP OR TURN IT LOOSE

that's what it is

R.I.P.

• sad news to wake up to

rest in peace

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• R.I.P. - Mr. Godfather

• whoever's sad, stop being sad. put on some JB and GIVE IT UP OR TURN IT LOOSE

that's what it is

R.I.P.

This made me feel better. Toasted the man at dinner. Then, put on his music.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    can every one stop saying shit like "oh shit, i'm glad i saw him" or "man, i wished i saw him"

shit is mad shallow.

No, it's not either. Reflecting on the last time you saw someone is a totally natural occurrence. What did JB himself sing on "Maybe The Last Time?" "Look around you, over and over again...shake hands with your best friend...you might not ever see him again..."

As for me...saw him three times, and the first time I got to shake his bruised, battered hand twice. Out of the thousands of albums I own, the most albums I got by any one artist is James Brown (I'm guessing 25-30) and you can bet that was no accident. We love them funk classics, but even his off-the-wall experiments (like Sho' Is Funky Down Here, his "rock" album) had some kind of appeal to them.

What more can I say? Genius personified. I'm glad I saw him. AND heard him.

I'm gonna spin some JB at my NYE set for DAMN sure.

Seriously.

Wish I'd seen him. All those $80 concert fees seem so cheap now.

Words and superlatives fail me.

• God Damn!!!!!!!!! Sad News.
    RIP James Brown.

• this killed the day for me. Didn't find out until about an hour ago. Sad day.

RIP!

• RIP JB

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

the man, the myth, the legend.