I just rediscovered Y'all So Stupid!!!

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited April 2016 in Music Talk
I just thought we were due for one of these; it's been a full two days since anybody posted about rediscovering Ya'll So Stupid.

Comments

• ignorent ghetto mantality

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

"The King and I"

Every Y'all So Stupid needs a reference to "The King and I"

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I just thought we were due for one of these; it's been a full two days since anybody posted about rediscovering Ya'll So Stupid.
    thats cute. edickriding to the next level.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I just rediscovered y'all so stupid.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just rediscovered y'all so stupid.

You must have amazing powers of memory suppression.

• "The King and I"

When i was in high school I had an internship @ Rowdy records when these joints came out. I always thought of Ya'll so Stupid as Dallas Austins attempt at a Pharcyde...

not that the pharcyde ever sold that much- maybe I gotta check it out again?

DA KING AND I WAS THE SHIT!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Can I give it a Texas spin?

TX groups at the time that were at least kinda like Y'all So Stupid:

Heads-N-Dreads - Dallas group that provided Erykah Badu her first rap platform

Johnny Quest - a Houston dude

Epatomed - Saahir (RIP) and Kasar from Arlington

Sociopath Left - some Austin ish

K-Otix - Houston folks

Seeds of Soul - more Houston folks

Austin's Sockeye, later to become X-Factor, was more like Mad Flava from Dallas who were more like Cypress Hill than Y'all So Stupid

Then Austin's Flo Mob and Houston's Psyko Ward as well as San Antonio's Makai Crew and Third Dimension were more like Houston's Blac Monks who were were more like Wu Tang Clan than Y'all So Stupid

Then there was Houston's Odd Squad who were indeed kinda like Y'all So Stupid but much better in so many ways

Maybe I should also mention Shabazz 3 from Dallas, but why?

"The King and I"

When i was in high school I had an internship @ Rowdy records when these joints came out. I always thought of Ya'll so Stupid as Dallas Austins attempt at a Pharcyde...

not that the pharcyde ever sold that much- maybe I gotta check it out again?

I think their first album went gold.

My most prominent pharcyde-related memory: standing by the locker of this white girl that I hung out with back then as she remarked to her friend that had just loaned her the Bizarre Ride casette, "You never told me that they looked so good!"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I recently rediscoered Mad Kap. And then went back to forgetting about them.

Who has recently rediscovered Trends of Culture?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I liked this one to a certain degree as well, particularly thanks to Lil Malik...

• Who has recently rediscovered Trends of Culture?

OFF AND ON!

One of my all-time "eastcoast stomp" tracks! I think they were from Detroit?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I found that Mad Kap record over the summmer. Not rediscovered, but I like it.

Where my Filthy peoples?

I recently rediscoered Mad Kap.

I'm sorry.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    wait a minute, is this a backpack hatter or a race thread?

wait a minute, is this a backpack hatter or a race thread?

Obviously, this is a thread about mad hattery.

And is dude from Mad Kap really rocking white socks and birkenstocks?

i think faux rillz has a crush on me and wants to taste my semen. Some deep seeded passive aggressive, "i want your penis inside me", type shit going on with dude. That is where this post i think is heading. but sorry to let you down faux, i only screw chicks. so if you feel like rehashing anymore of the threads i posted a few days ago, that wont get you a reacharound, so your wasting your time.

• i think faux rillz has a crush on me and wants to taste my semen. Some deep seeded passive aggressive, "i want your penis inside me", type shit going on with dude. That is where this post i think is heading. but sorry to let you down faux, i only screw chicks. so if you feel like rehashing anymore of the threads i posted a few days ago, that wont get you a reacharound, so your wasting your time.

I think the point was you were not the first person to post this, in fact I don't even think you were in the first 20 - 30.

i think faux rillz has a crush on me and wants to taste my semen. Some deep seeded passive aggressive, "i want your penis inside me", type shit going on with dude. That is where this post i think is heading. but sorry to let you down faux, i only screw chicks. so if you feel like rehashing anymore of the threads i posted a few days ago, that wont get you a reacharound, so your wasting your time.

I'm going to preserve this, because I suspect you'll delete it once you think better of it.

What are you going on about, exactly?

Did you make a post about your great love of Ya'll So Stupid or Mad Kap at some point or something?

deep seeded

I think you mean "deep-seated."

Then again, maybe you don't.

"You never told me that they looked so good!"

A friend of mine said something similar about the motherfucking Dream Warriors. O Canada!

While I was recently purchasing some music/lifestyle magazines, young grull at the checkout was lingering over the covers, and said to her similarly young co-worker, "That Nas is cute, but Biz Markie is looking terrible!" When I pointed out that it was in fact a Biz Markie puppet, she did a double take and said, "Hmmmm...Well, it does look like him, though."

Anyway, I just rediscovered Deon Estus. And I'm thinking about putting on some LeOtis later on. We'll see how it goes.

i meant deep seeded, cause it is coming deep down within this homosexuals psyche.

But back to the topic,
    i rediscovered souls of mischief a few days ago and i really cant get into it anymore.

That's a link to some YSS post you made?

LOL, dude--lots of people have made YSS posts--that's the point.

Your expression of devotion may have been particualrly meaningful to you, but I doubt much of anyone else has a specific recollection of it.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    taste my semen
    "i want your penis inside me"

what a terrible way to start the day

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    i meant deep seeded, cause it is coming deep down within this homosexuals psyche.

a billion posts about race, racism aso, outcries if someone uses n*-words, but hardly anybody cares about homophobic bullshit like this.

That's a link to some YSS post you made?

LOL, dude--lots of people have made YSS posts--that's the point.

Your expression of devotion may have been particualrly meaningful to you, but I doubt much of anyone else has a specific recollection of it.
    sorry homie, i havent been posting here for 8 years with a massive post count of like 10k, so i might post some shit yall have seen. but i didnt get your o so witty reaction posts to something that is apparently a common occurrence round here that i posted 2 days ago. You are just soooooo clever with that shit. I couldn't differentiate between witty satire like this and just lame etoughguy/ehater shit that you usually pop off in every other thread. Seriously man, you are too cool for school.

• Yo this shit straight blew up my frat house!!!

a billion posts about race, racism aso, outcries if someone uses n*-words, but hardly anybody cares about homophobic bullshit like this.

dude im not trying to be a homo-phobe. I really think faux rillz has a thing for dudes. Im trying to help him be comfortable with himself so he can come out the closet and live a long fulfilling life as a proud gay man without any insecurities that he loves the cock. Whats wrong with that?

this whole thread is making me crack up pretty hard over here. Seriously lets not try and get one of these preachy homophobe/race/crack rap moral five pagers out of this. I dont have a problem with faux rillz, im just busting his balls.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    im just swinging from his balls.

• this whole thread is making me crack up pretty hard over here.

At least one person finds it funny.

I always think of this stuff as Weave-Belt Rap, 'cause all these guys rocked the woven leather belts, with about a foot or two left over, tucked under, pulled out, and just swangin', like, "Yo, I'm getting mine--just look at all this extra belt, kid." Pharcyde, Heiro, Digable, YSS--all them dudes had belt. PRT: belt. Double XX Posse: belted the fuck up. I think because back then it was all about groups with lots of skinny, hungry dudes. I might have tried to finesse that look a time or two myself back in the day, but I'm broad enough in the beam that I never had that much extra leather to work with, so I just looked like some puffy dickhead in a weave belt, like some fresh mozzarella tied with string. Much like when I used to rock a Purina-check lumberjack that made me look like a couch. My man Tony used to post up at the mall with the black Columbine trench, shorts, and the elephants-and-Os X-Clan walking stick, and I distinctly remember listening to Capital Tax while wearing deck shoes. It was a very confusing time.