Racestrut

Comments

• Hella Scandinavians in here. Me included.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    63/64th White Anglo-JohnSaxon/Russian with 1/64 Chinese

do you really have your family tree traced to your great-great-great-great grandparents?

if so thats incredible, and how did you do it?

That ain't that incredible. Lots of families trace their ancestors back for many generations. My great-great-great-great grandfather founded the town of Keizer, about 40 minutes south of Portland. I have a certificate in my name, certifying I"m a sixth generation Oregonian, descended from pioneers.

• The folks met in Vilnius Russia. Moved to Israel where I popped out. Moved to Coney Island Brooklyn at the Age of 3. My wife is Peruvian. Cant wait to see how our kids come out!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm white.

Don't really know where my ancestors are from. Don't really care. But I think maybe England. I've heard there are lots of white people there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    1/2 Bohemian Jewish, 1/4 African American, 1/4 Irish.

• 50% b-man / 50% aligator-shark

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    doc delizzle, the caucasian sensation >>>

grandfathers: french canadian, german-italian

grandmothers: british, irish

• 80% wool / 20% polyblend

• human

• 7/8th Cajun, 1/8 Dutch, ALL TEXAN.

• 63/64th White Anglo-JohnSaxon/Russian with 1/64 Chinese

do you really have your family tree traced to your great-great-great-great grandparents?

That ain't that incredible. Lots of families trace their ancestors back for many generations.

unless, of course, you happen to be African American.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

That ain't that incredible. Lots of families trace their ancestors back for many generations.

Not so. There's a program on the Tv over here where they trace peoples ancestry.
    They did this guy.

And he managed to trace his family back several generations, back to when, some of them, where brought to the Caribbean as slaves from Africa.
    But if you get yourself genetically tested they can even tell you which tribe you're likely to be from originally in Africa. Obviously, as very little written records were kept in Africa, of families etc, its not possible to get too specific.

Dude also found out he was 45% Caucasian, 50% African and about 5% Amerindian. Finding out he was nearly half white was understandably a bit of a shock.

• half Hawaiian with a slight touch of Chinese

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I tried to trace my family tree back about a year ago and got stopped on many accounts around 1900

Sadly a lot of my relatives died in the Holocaust and those that survived or weren't involved are rather old. I found a family tree that someone in my famliy from that generation began to write but it only goes back to the 1870's. and only covers that part of the family.

depending on where you came from, tracing family lineage can be pretty tough

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

That's true. I guess I kind of took it for granted.

• can't belive dudes are actually responding.

You're just mad that no one's heard of Salvadorania.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm 100% lizard person.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

I tried to trace my family tree back about a year ago and got stopped on many accounts around 1900

Sadly a lot of my relatives died in the Holocaust and those that survived or weren't involved are rather old. I found a family tree that someone in my famliy from that generation began to write but it only goes back to the 1870's. and only covers that part of the family.

Guzzo you'd really need to travel to the parts of Europe etc, that your family comes from. Being that they were Jewish could make things easier maybe. If there is any Jewish presence left in the area, the Synagog would have records of any birth marriages etc.

Personally, part of my family history got lost when a great great (i think), or maybe another great?, Grandmother was impregnated by a sailor, who she hardly knew. (the slut!) He was Polish, possibly Jewish, but that's all we know about him.
    He fucked off, and my great great step-grandfather brought the child up.
    I don't think it really matters that much. If you want definative proof of your origins, have a dna test. Otherwise its much more important to just learn something personally, from your family history.

• hell yeah!
    me too.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I'm 100% passable.

• Hawaiian/Chinese/Portuguese/Filipino/German/Austrian

• whitey mcwhite. mostly german, a bit welsh, maybe a bit french (its the part of france thats been alternately under french, german and swiss control for centuries (alsace lorraine).. so, who knows)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    berber algerian+benin=senegalese

french canadian + scottish = quebecois

canadian and french citizen that has been thought to be peruvian, brazilian, mongolese(in china) and hindu

i am a citizen of the world

• I am most definitely an original black man of mostly african descent, but I also have some of the wicked white man's blood coursing through my veins. This is due to scarred old slaver whipping my great great great great grandmother just around midnight a couple centuries back

i also have some injun blood too (i gots good hair!)

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    half German and the other half German...would you like to see my monkey?

• I am most definitely an original black man of mostly african descent, but I also have some of the wicked white man's blood coursing through my veins. This is due to scarred old slaver whipping my great great great great grandmother just around midnight a couple centuries back

i also have some injun blood too (i gots good hair!)

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    chicano + apache =

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts
    I think I'm mostly Welsh from one side. My grandfather was adopted on the other side, so that makes it tough. I believe there's some Cherokee going on with your basic Euro mix. Can't say for sure, and not too worried about it.

• So-called Negro