AI Traded!

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
To Colorado for Andre Miller and Joe Smith and two first rounders, pending league approval!Man Phili really wanted him gone, huh. Sorry about the repeat post.

Comments

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    good luck george

• source?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    well there go my hopes of golden state somehow being involved in this.

melo and AI on the same team:

• well there go my hopes of golden state somehow being involved in this.

melo and AI on the same team:

they're going to struggle over the ball like shaq + kobe...."who's team is it?"

• To Colorado Denver[/b] for Andre Miller and Joe Smith and two first rounders, pending league approval!

Man Phili really wanted him gone, huh. Sorry about the repeat post.

Sorry, but the Nuggets don't represent the rest of Colorado.

AI + Melo is going to be rediculous. I know I was weary of this move at first because I felt it would disrupt the team that we were building, but I'm over it. Besides, our team has been pretty disrupted lately anyway

My question, if he waits for league approval does that mean he's gonna sit in Philly until then or do you think he's on the plane already? I want to see him against the Suns tomorrow night.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Sorry about that. I don't know about the technicalities. But I'm sure Stern is already signing that paper. None of the suspended players were involved in the trade an A.I. was doing no good for the league sitting at home. The league probably was happy Phili was able to come to a deal, however salty it makes their fans, which if I was a Sixers fan would be a box ful of crackers. The Answer for... Andre Miller. Sure he's a good player it's going to go down in history as one of the great "bad" trades.

• Yeah but you can't look at it like AI for Miller, cuz they're getting 2 FIRST ROUND picks PLUS their lotto pick. What they needed was a fresh start, not comparable players to AI. Philly is a team that will be good in a couple years if they play their cards right. I mean, they've proven they aren't good with a superstar, maybe they can do it with smaller egos and more of a team mentality with some new guys and an established and effective point guard to lead them. My 2c. Good move all around. Miller's the best player Philly could have used from our team.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    The league probably was happy Phili was able to come to a deal, however salty it makes their fans, which if I was a Sixers fan would be a box ful of crackers. The Answer for... Andre Miller. Sure he's a good player it's going to go down in history as one of the great "bad" trades.

I don't know, I love AI and I love the sixers, but rationally there weren't a whole lot of options. Hopefully they can get some strong draft picks and start rebuilding.

Not sure what the Nuggets are hoping to do on the court with melo and ai, but from a business standpoint it'll surely boost ticket sales. it will be surreal to see him in a denver jersey.

• Not sure what the Nuggets are hoping to do on the court with melo and ai, but from a business standpoint it'll surely boost ticket sales. it will be surreal to see him in a denver jersey.

I think it's pretty clear the goal, to take some of the pressure to score big numbers in every game off Melo. Better distribution of scoring will lend to more consistent games. Shit, Camby center, Nene PF, Melo SF, AI at point, Smith at 2? Fuhgedabowtit. Nene and Evans off the bench? This team could do something. You hear how Arenas, Butler and Jamison are the top combined scorers in the league? AI, Melo and Smith will give them a run for their money.

You had me at Nene at PF...

Just joking. The Sixers should make out with those picks although they should probably trade at least one to get a decent role player or something. I've got A.I. Pt. 2 on my fantasy team, so this should work out well on that front.

AS far as the Nuggets, you'd think that 'Melo will be pretty humble once he comes back from his suspension and A.I. will be happy with a fresh start -- i.e. there will be a nice honeymoon period where everyone shares the ball and the Nuggets look real good. Hopefully that carries over into the playoffs. If so, can the Nuggs beat Dallas or the Spurs in a a seven-game series? If only K-Mart was still the New Jersey-style killer (and not injured of course)...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    AI + Melo is going to be rediculous.

I'd be somewhat of an achievement if they make it past the 2nd round. See: Bronze finish at Olympics.

I'd be somewhat of an achievement if they make it past the 2nd round. See: Bronze finish at Olympics.

But I'll bet they do just a little better than Kobe and Kwame's copper.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im exicited, as long as as Iverson keeps his FGA low and blends in w/ the team concept. This is it. He has a chance at a ring w/ this team. And dont get it twisted, this is Melo's team - case closed. A.I. is the vet coming in to contribute not fun fuckin amok and not get others envolved. Karl and DOUG MOE are gonna give the Suns a RUN for their money!!!!!!!! Dont let K Mart come back.

I already made the trade on my NBA LIVE 07 season.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    it will be surreal to see him in a denver jersey.

• Im exicited, as long as as Iverson keeps his FGA low and blends in w/ the team concept. This is it. He has a chance at a ring w/ this team. And dont get it twisted, this is Melo's team - case closed. A.I. is the vet coming in to contribute not fun fuckin amok and not get others envolved. Karl and DOUG MOE are gonna give the Suns a RUN for their money!!!!!!!! Dont let K Mart come back.

I already made the trade on my NBA LIVE 07 season.

I was worried, at first, that AI would try and take over the leadership, but you're right. I don't think that will happen. I think Karl and Moe got Melo's back on that weither way, and AI is there to belnd in and be an element of the team. And this makes sense because this is a team with enough of the right talent to do that on. I think it's gonna work out well, it will be refreshing for Allen to be on a team like this. It will be refreshing to see the whole Smith->Anthony->Iverson development. Grandpa Allen, Mr. Carmelo, and Young J.R.. Warm up that scoreboard, batches.

Oh and even though I've already written him off, a KMart return would just push it all over the top. I honestly don't think we'll ever see Jersey K-Mart again, or even early Nuggets K-Mart. We shall see though, maybe by the time he comes back, bionic parts will be available for NBA players. Especially the ones with the 80 million dollar contracts!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Great trade for Denver

Good trade for Philly

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    Sixers with 3 first rounders next year in a class that is pretty hot AND they get to save 10 mil in each of the next two seasons with AI's contract gone. Thats not a bad rebuilding situation at all. plus cwebb is coming off the books in about 18 months as well.

Now they just need to kick billy king to the curb and that franchise may be on the come-up

• wow. finally. mello and AI....hope it can work.
    i root for philly first and foremost, but the nuggs are my new 2nd favorites.
    thankful AI isnt on an atlantic division team.
    hope allen makes good out there and silences all the haters. my man is a straight up pitbull on the court.
    are we talking joe smith who went to Maryland Joe Smith? sigh

• plus cwebb is coming off the books in about 18 months as well.
    thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Am I the only one who assumed this thread had something to do with this AlienIVERSON post?

I just found out today that I am a "cool" "white guy."

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

are we talking joe smith who went to Maryland Joe Smith? sigh

His contract expires after this season .

Exciting to watch? hell yea. Championship material? hell no. That's the cold truth.

• are we talking joe smith who went to Maryland Joe Smith? sigh

Dude was the #1 overall pick in 95, I don't think he ever made any noise at all. Solid player, not bad off the bench, but he's done after this year I believe.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Exciting to watch? hell yea. Championship material? hell no. That's the cold truth.

I don't see why not... They'll have an excellent and nearly complete starting 5, statistically, especially if J.R. Smith should keeps show and proving. But, I think a weak bench is their biggest problem now.

Why do you believe they aren't Championship material?

• are we talking joe smith who went to Maryland Joe Smith? sigh

Dude was the #1 overall pick in 95, I don't think he ever made any noise at all. Solid player, not bad off the bench, but he's done after this year I believe.
    true true. [gregoden]the real deal will be told with those draft picks[/gregoden]

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    plus cwebb is coming off the books in about 18 months as well.
    thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please provide the science that supports this assertion.

Please provide the science that supports this assertion.

Every team's ultimate goal is to try and win a title right? The Nuggets' owners got what they wanted though. This team's gonna fill up seats, create excitement, and maybe even advance to the 2nd round. But I personally wouldn't want this team, if I were aiming higher. imho. The West is tough.

woah, that was wierd. Did you just somehow retract your post Drewn?

anyway in response to your "was that supposed to be convincing", I will say this.
    Having the league's leading scorers on your team will mean one of the following. That one, they will destroy the West, or two they're not quite the throwback type players that wins games consistently.