WIREMANIAX -- NO SPOILERS HERE PLAESE

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Also, and I know I've said this more than once, anyone that likes the show should really check out David Simon's two books.

I just scored a David Simon-autographed first edition of 'The Corner' for 3 bucks at a used bookstore here in DC. Just to keep this thread collector-obsessive related.

• Finished up Season 2 today. Gut-wrenching.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    season 3 is seriously

which reminds me i need to go watch more season4 ondemand

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Finished up Season 2 today. Gut-wrenching.

YES! For some reason there's a lot of people who don't like Season 2. I'm not sure if its the pacing of the season (too slow?) or the fact that they left the street for the docks? Whatever it is, I still love it. The ending is so depressing as well. Plus there's the usual funny shit like the dock workers stealing the police van and shipping it around the world!

YES! For some reason there's a lot of people who don't like Season 2. I'm not sure if its the pacing of the season (too slow?) or the fact that they left the street for the docks? Whatever it is, I still love it. The ending is so depressing as well. Plus there's the usual funny shit like the dock workers stealing the police van and shipping it around the world!

I'm about to start ep 10 of season 2 (snow day's are good for wire watching). I heard it was a dramatic shift in pace for season 2 before I started it but I really like it so far, it's definitely kept my attention. I'm bout to finish this tonight then I have to fend for season 3 on my own. My homie only had the first 2 on DVD. Netflix here I come...

• I'm on Netflix, but I hit up video stores I hadn't been to in years trying to keep the train rolling. Hopefully get a chance to start Season 3 tonight.

The whole dock thing in Season 2 was a very powerful and resonant theme. The show is masterful at drawing characters.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    I'm on Netflix, but I hit up video stores I hadn't been to in years trying to keep the train rolling.

hahaha, i know 3 people i've recomended the wire to, and all three started off getting a disc off netflix, but then had to go rent the next disc the next day cuz they couldnt wait for netflix. my roomate and i did the same. that shows the show is definitely

• i'm coming up with the full torrent download for season 3, who knows if I'll be able to get it to a workable format after that, though...

Season 2 was slow at the start, and there were a lot of new characters to get to know.

BUT, around episode 6 when all the plotlines started coming together with Prop Joe...well, holy shit. It just made me appreciate the start of the season that much more.

We've got a couple episodes left in Season 2, but that one epidsode that starts with the montage to "Walk the Line," when they go through the whole breadth of the bulletin boards and how everything is connected, and Prez just has to sit back and say...'Fuckin' A'...well that was nothing short of skullmelting.

I know a lot of people on here have talked about why they love this show so much, and blah blah blah...but, while i'm on a run, i'll just keep going.

This show feels like an epic novel to me; season 1 ended, and it wasn't the end of a story. it was just the end of a section. Then Section 2 started, with another look at people in a modern american city, and I am assuming season 3 will work the same way, and I know that Season 4 fits that mold. The breadth of characters, and the depth of examination of life in a city in early 21st Century America is incredible. It feels far more literary than television.

Finished up Season 2 today. Gut-wrenching.

Season 2 was slow at the start, and there were a lot of new characters to get to know.

BUT, around episode 6 when all the plotlines started coming together with Prop Joe...well, holy shit. It just made me appreciate the start of the season that much more.

We've got a couple episodes left in Season 2, but that one epidsode that starts with the montage to "Walk the Line," when they go through the whole breadth of the bulletin boards and how everything is connected, and Prez just has to sit back and say...'Fuckin' A'...well that was nothing short of skullmelting.

I know a lot of people on here have talked about why they love this show so much, and blah blah blah...but, while i'm on a run, i'll just keep going.

This show feels like an epic novel to me; season 1 ended, and it wasn't the end of a story. it was just the end of a section. Then Section 2 started, with another look at people in a modern american city, and I am assuming season 3 will work the same way, and I know that Season 4 fits that mold. The breadth of characters, and the depth of examination of life in a city in early 21st Century America is incredible. It feels far more literary than television.

That's exactly what I just told my uncle. We just watched the first epsiode of season 1 together day before yesterday. I told him, the first two episodes were a little slow, but it's like the introduction to a book. They're giving you the setting and characters and then by the 3rd or 4th episode everything starts moving and you're hooked!

• This shit is straight crack. I just stayed inside for the majority of the last 4 days watching all of season 3. Season 4 is currently downloading. I don't know what I'll do when 4 is done and I have to wait for five, I've watcher all of the first three within 3 weeks or so. The end of episode 11 in season 3 was crazy. I'm not gonna post any spoilers but got damn. I hope this show keeps going a while.

• I'm 8 eps into Season 3. Season 3 seemed "slow" to me at first, but now I realize that I didn't grasp the threads they were starting so quickly. It really picks up around episode 5 or so though.

The show's ability to introduce new and interesting characters is amazing. Love the Cutty character and Bunny Colvin.

• Does anybody have the entire 13th episode of season 4?? I just got to the last episode and it is apparently a half an hour longer than what I was able to download. Get to the end of the 4th season and I can't even finish it. Talk about driving me fuckin nuts! Please hook it up if at all possible.

Also, what's the word on season 5? Long time till that starts or what?

Does anybody have the entire 13th episode of season 4?? I just got to the last episode and it is apparently a half an hour longer than what I was able to download. Get to the end of the 4th season and I can't even finish it. Talk about driving me fuckin nuts! Please hook it up if at all possible.

Also, what's the word on season 5? Long time till that starts or what?

Someone on another wire thread I believe said that season 5 won't come out for over a year. It's suppose to be dealing with the media according to that post if I remember correctly. Plus, for whatever reason, HBO is just horribly slow at putting this series out on DVD. It took forever for season 3 to finally come out. I don't expect them to be any faster with Season 4.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    they arent horribly slow at putting out dvds........they just wait to release em right before a new season is gonna be on tv

• Spent yesterday powering through the first 5 episodes of Season 3. Loving the character of Bunny, and the new political angle is so necessary. Oh, and the Cutty plot- rooting for that man to stay out the game, but he can't seem to resist...

• Well, if anybody else runs into the same shit as me with the torrent download of season 4 and you can't see the last half hour of the final episode, you can at least read the detailed episode summaries that hbo does. I think these were mentioned on here before but it is a really nice summary of the show. I imagined myself watching what I was reading, it kinda worked, I'm still pissed off about it though.

http://www.hbo.com/thewire/episode/season4/episode38.shtml

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    This shit is straight crack. I just stayed inside for the majority of the last 4 days watching all of season 3. Season 4 is currently downloading. I don't know what I'll do when 4 is done and I have to wait for five, I've watcher all of the first three within 3 weeks or so. The end of episode 11 in season 3 was crazy. I'm not gonna post any spoilers but got damn. I hope this show keeps going a while.

check pm's

Just finished watching season 2 today... did anyone notice that Cheese's last name was written as "Flagstaff" when Prez rearranged the board? The HBO site has it listed as "Wagstaff", which as someone mentioned before, would connect him to Randy. OR is this explained in season 3??? I'm not too upset over the whole thing but

• This shit is straight crack. I just stayed inside for the majority of the last 4 days watching all of season 3. Season 4 is currently downloading. I don't know what I'll do when 4 is done and I have to wait for five, I've watcher all of the first three within 3 weeks or so. The end of episode 11 in season 3 was crazy. I'm not gonna post any spoilers but got damn. I hope this show keeps going a while.

check pm's

Just finished watching season 2 today... did anyone notice that Cheese's last name was written as "Flagstaff" when Prez rearranged the board? The HBO site has it listed as "Wagstaff", which as someone mentioned before, would connect him to Randy. OR is this explained in season 3??? I'm not too upset over the whole thing but

Thanks again for that...

And shit, I don't think they revisit that in Season 3, I don't know what to make of that. Seems unlikely that a show with a plot this thick and connected wouldn't make a mistake like that, but who knows... I'm still hangin' on a lot of shit after season 4. If they really plan to make season 5 the last one, it should be a pretty amazing season.